Texas RB Talk

LTtxfan

So good reposting... Love Coach Choice!! 

Coach Choice is best RB coach in CFB.  🤘

Jonathon Brooks interview in 9min area followed by terrific Coach Choice interview. 

Texas football at Sugar Bowl Media Day before 2024 CFP semifinal

Austin American-Statesman

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think outside of speed, he's better than Robinson. Only time will tell, but he's a menace. Glad to see him get some work and do well.

I don't think he'll stay at RB permanently since we'll have Baxter, Stewart, Gibson, Simon, and Page. Assuming Baxter comes back healthy, we're good on RB's. In my dream I would love to see us take Jeanty to give him more of a spotlight in a better conference if playing for Boise hinders his draft stock in any way. 

7 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I think outside of speed, he's better than Robinson. Only time will tell, but he's a menace. Glad to see him get some work and do well.

I don't think he'll stay at RB permanently since we'll have Baxter, Stewart, Gibson, Simon, and Page. Assuming Baxter comes back healthy, we're good on RB's. In my dream I would love to see us take Jeanty to give him more of a spotlight in a better conference if playing for Boise hinders his draft stock in any way. 

He’ll stay at RB, I think. He’s turning into a stocky little KSU type of back unlike anyone else on the roster and will have an easier time finding a role there than WR with everybody we have coming in.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

No reason to move anytime soon. WR is arguably the best position group on the team and RB is the worst position on the team this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

What happened to Velton Gardner, the transfer from SMU?  

I appreciate you asking. As a Skyline alumni I fully admit my bias in wanting to see him get some carries. My best spit ball guess is coming in late isn't doing something right in practice. Also... he's low on the chart I guess... 

Edited by BurntEyes

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He played against CSU and UTSA. Might have just wanted to reward Niblett and Page for being good program guys against our worst opponent?

thanks - I see that he did now.  I thought he hadn't gotten any work at all.  I just never see him mentioned when people talk about running back depth with the health of Blue/Wisner/Gibson a little iffy every game.  

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I think Gardner is only above Page in the pecking order, which means he will almost never play barring injury.  Page gets put in when Sark is trying to run out the game with no more scoring.

Well he failed at that on Saturday 

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2024 at 8:47 PM, LTtxfan said:

Gerry...

• Gibson rolled his ankle early ULM game
  • Wisner has a left hamstring issue

We got very lucky on Gibson. He didn’t just casually roll his ankle. It was a hip drop tackle. 6:22 1st qt. The nfl is going after that shit for good reasons. Barquet #97 should have been earholed for that. 

24 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Yeah i thought for sure we lost him on that play and the one on Gibson too.  So fortunate so plays did not result in major incidents 

it should be an ejection from the game like targeting. i also thought helm was done. was amazed how little the players and announcers had to say on this when it happened live

• Hook 'Em 1