Media Bias

dcar00

2 hours ago, Conqueeftador said:

Why? A bid to sway hearts and minds? 

No thanks. 

No, a way for you to potentially restore a shred of dignity for your reputation, should you be able to make a valid case. 

4 hours ago, Conqueeftador said:

Really?

He's a liar?

IMG-3017.gif

Media has hammered on that constantly.

Why? A bid to sway hearts and minds? 

No thanks. 

Mr. Felon is a pathological liar and should be introduced as such.   Just as your are a troll and should have your username altered to reflect that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

MSNBC producer caught on tape: Admits to pushing Harris campaign, says network ‘made viewers dumber’

Basel Hamdan, a writer, and producer for the MSNBC show Ayman, revealed during a hidden camera interview that the network is actively aligning its messaging with that of Harris's campaign, making it clear that they are “doing all they can to help” her get elected.

Edited by ChickenSandwich

9 hours ago, Conqueeftador said:

I honestly thought the whole post was satire because it’s filled with challengable assertions and some outright falsehoods, stated as FACTS. 

Yes it is. Example: Trump absolutely said he'd be a dictator on Day 1. He said it to Sean Hannity at an Iowa Town Hall in early December, 2023.  

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

In this day of outright lies, I long for the days of mere bias. 

Seriously.  The phenomenon of disproportionate, "any wrong is justification for any counter-wrong" "two wrongs make a right" thinking is insane.  

Source X tells stories with a bias in one direction.

Which Source Y uses as justification to publish a torrent of lies.

It's like looking at someone jaywalking, or eating a grape at the store without paying for it, and saying "see?  Everyone is a criminal!" as justification for you shooting 10 people dead.  It's fucking nuts.

Oh, and the "big reveal" of MSNBC as....aligned with the national Democratic party....is supposed to be a shocker?  Dude.  Not exactly news.

271964225_10158084056286396_191699847475

Of course, of real importance is where shit falls on the vertical access.  MSNBC may be in the tank for the Dems, but it isn't the fucking lie volcano that large-audience outlets on the right are.  And note, that chart doesn't include podcasts, which are much larger sources of information than many "media" outlets, and are pure shitstreams of lies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

I’m sorry, I don't see how you can list any major outlets in the “middle”. ABC, CBS, PBS, NPR. They all “skew left” at the least. 

You are incredibly gullible, like many others. The reality is that those media outlets do deliver mostly balanced news and not propaganda. The only dangerous damaging outlets are the Fox News, MSNBC, Brietbart, etc. that are on the outer edges. But data isn’t something you apparently are able to understand. Only the gullible misinformed spew complaints about the “mainstream media”, sounding like Rush Limbaugh.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Fox News, MSNBC, Brietbart

Not sure I agree with your police work of lumping in MSNBC with publications that have been pumping election disinformation (aka """stop the steal""") and liable for billions in defamation damages. In the above graphic, fox news (web) is as reliable as MSNBC (broadcast) but fox (broadcast) is dogshit in terms of actual reliable reporting

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Not sure I agree with your police work of lumping in MSNBC with publications that have been pumping election disinformation (aka """stop the steal""") and liable for billions in defamation damages. In the above graphic, fox news (web) is as reliable as MSNBC (broadcast) but fox (broadcast) is dogshit in terms of actual reliable reporting

MSNBC isn’t like Fox in peddling absurd disinformation but it is clearly deeply biased to the left. 

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You are incredibly gullible, like many others. The reality is that those media outlets do deliver mostly balanced news and not propaganda. The only dangerous damaging outlets are the Fox News, MSNBC, Brietbart, etc. that are on the outer edges. But data isn’t something you apparently are able to understand. Only the gullible misinformed spew complaints about the “mainstream media”, sounding like Rush Limbaugh.

I suppose we’re just not going to see things the same way. For a fresh example we just had two consecutive debates, Presidential on ABC and VP on CBS that were moderated with pretty overwhelming bias. 

Trust in mass media is near all time lows, even among independents. I would suggest that significant contributor to that is the recognition of this bias. 

IMG-3117.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 6
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

I suppose we’re just not going to see things the same way. For a fresh example we just had two consecutive debates, Presidential on ABC and VP on CBS that were moderated with pretty overwhelming bias. 

OK, I'll bite. Please give us examples of the "pretty overwhelming bias" in the last two debates.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

Trust in mass media is near all time lows, even among independents. I would suggest that significant contributor to that is the recognition of this bias. 

IMG-3117.jpg

Maybe this is because Republicans are no longer concerned with facts.  They just want "news" they can agree with.

Left leaning people and independents probably distrust media more because Fox, Newsmax, OAN and their ilk are part of the media now and they lie their asses off.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

IMG-3117.jpg

Oh look all the people who are flat out wrong and complete fucking idiots are doing weird shit. No way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

OK, I'll bite. Please give us examples of the "pretty overwhelming bias" in the last two debates.

Without getting into the weeds I would say “fact checking” only one side in Pres debate. Doing the same and also cutting the mic of Vance in VP debate when there were no stipulations for such ahead of time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 11

8 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

Without getting into the weeds I would say “fact checking” only one side in Pres debate. Doing the same and also cutting the mic of Vance in VP debate when there were no stipulations for such ahead of time. 

Only one side was telling whoppers about Haitians eating pets.

Listen to yourself.  You're mad about fact checking when it busts your boy with his dick out.

If Walz had started squawking about being retiring as a CSM or carrying guns in combat, I would have expected him to be fact checked too.

These are lies, previously well-established as lies, that Vance was foolish or craven enough to repeat.

Trump got to bloviate for five more minutes than Harris.

Trump is the king of lies.  Most of his associates are too.  Trying to compare or equate him to anyone else is delusional.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Only one side was telling whoppers about Haitians eating pets.

Listen to yourself.  You're mad about fact checking when it busts your boy with his dick out.

If Walz had started squawking about being retiring as a CSM or carrying guns in combat, I would have expected him to be fact checked too.

These are lies, previously well-established as lies, that Vance was foolish enough to repeat.

Trump got to bloviate for five more minutes than Harris.

I wouldn't care about them getting shut down if it was evenly applied. Or even close to it. Do you think Kamala or Walz told any lies those nights? C'mon. 

You can also delve deeper into the tone of the questioning which is obviously one sided. 

• Fuck You 10

1 hour ago, Conqueeftador said:

I’m sorry, I don't see how you can list any major outlets in the “middle”. ABC, CBS, PBS, NPR. They all “skew left” at the least. 

35 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

IMG-3117.jpg

18 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

I truly hope you are a bot. If not, I feel sorry for anyone that depends on you for anything as you are an abject moron.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

I truly hope you are a bot. If not, I feel sorry for anyone that depends on you for anything as you are an abject moron.

Lulz. 

People’s lives are in my hands every day buddy. I’m real, and I’m spectacular. 

• Fuck You 7

26 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe this is because Republicans are no longer concerned with facts.  They just want "news" they can agree with.

Beyond Fox praising Trump and shaping his message into something palatable for conservative viewers, I find it much more disturbing that a significant portion of the right-wing viewers now seem to expect, or even demand, these unquestioned and unfiltered claims.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

MSNBC isn’t like Fox in peddling absurd disinformation but it is clearly deeply biased to the left. 

No absurd disinformation, huh?  

How about denying for months (years?) that the sitting President was mentally unfit for office? How were they able to keep him propped up as still being in charge until the fateful debate when it could no longer be denied?

Mass media bias in reporting and news coverage.

Their reporting on Biden for years was straight propaganda. Seems you were the gullible one on one of the biggest Presidential scandals we've seen. And it’s ongoing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

How about denying for months (years?) that the sitting President was mentally unfit for office? How were they able to keep him propped up as still being in charge until the fateful debate when it could no longer be denied?

That is an opinion.

Just like I think Donald Trump is unfit for office mentally and every other way.

You.  Cannot, Fact. Check. That.

And, those media sources a) have been bitching about not having access to Biden forever, maybe for this reason and b) engaging in all sorts of speculation about his condition until he dropped out of the race.  No one in the media KNEW anything.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Everyone in this thread complaining about media bias is an idiot.  There has been bias since the first time someone etched symbols into a rock.  It is up to rational grownup adults to seek their own truth, live by it, and set a good example for everyone else.

You people are acting like children.  Grow up.  Do better.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

Their reporting on Biden for years was straight propaganda. Seems you were the gullible one on one of the biggest Presidential scandals we've seen. And it’s ongoing. 

You're retarded. Fact check me.  Propaganda?

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If you're GRUhorn, being a chiropractor doesn't count lol

Holy shit, how did I miss that GRU is a chiropractor? This is the content that I needed tonight. I’m laughing my ass off because it all makes sense now. Every DC I’ve ever met thanks they’re super smart, but they all believe the dumbest shit you can make up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is an opinion.

Just like I think Donald Trump is unfit for office mentally and every other way.

You.  Cannot, Fact. Check. That.

And, those media sources a) have been bitching about not having access to Biden forever, maybe for this reason and b) engaging in all sorts of speculation about his condition until he dropped out of the race.  No one in the media KNEW anything.

Sure, buddy. 

I'm not talking about fact checking in a debate. I'm talking about how anybody with a set of eyes and honest with themselves, or with any background in the medical field, could see he had dementia. “Cognitive decline” as it were.

And what did our unbiased media report? Oh they reported that he's “sharp as a tack” and that his younger staff has trouble keeping up with him. L O fucking L. 

I suspect MANY around Washington knew and those stories will leak out when he's gone. We’re still pretending that he's President until January. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 10

Someone should have fact checked your mom's anus before it dripped you out.

• Haha 1

Lulz. 

People’s lives are in my hands every day buddy. I’m real, and I’m spectacular. 

lulz

You work in medical supply management at a government hospital in San Antonio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, royiv said:

Holy shit, how did I miss that GRU is a chiropractor? This is the content that I needed tonight. I’m laughing my ass off because it all makes sense now. Every DC I’ve ever met thanks they’re super smart, but they all believe the dumbest shit you can make up.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

lulz

You work in medical supply management at a government hospital in San Antonio.

Sorry. 

Physician.

Have served (no longer thank goodness) as Chief of my department at major metropolitan hospital. 

• Fuck You 9

Just now, Conqueeftador said:

Sorry. 

Physician.

Have served (no longer thank goodness) as Chief of my department at major metropolitan hospital. 

We are going to need proof of such claims.

The "add files" button is below.

Until proof is provided then you are full of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

We are going to need proof of such claims.

The "add files" button is below.

Until proof is provided then you are full of shit.

Uh ok. Think I'll pass on that. Not Interested in a doxx situation.  

I'm just a typical Surly member. Tall, high earner with a hot wife. 

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Ah yes, the crazy accomplished physician who now spends his time creating dozens of accounts to spread disinformation on a website that despises him. A tale as old as time.

What can I say, I'm prolific? 

It’s amazing what can be accomplished during an extended club basketball practice. 

• Fuck You 10

11 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

Uh ok. Think I'll pass on that. Not Interested in a doxx situation.  

I'm just a typical Surly member. Tall, high earner with a hot wife. 

So you work in medical supply management at a government hospital in San Antonio and spend all your time posting nonsense on the tax payers dime. Got it.

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Access to the questions a week earlier was pretty neat-o. 

no one could have predicted questions on *checks notes* the economy, immigration, prices, january 6, ukraine, israel, and abortion.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Did this really happen?

Don’t know.  There were reports a whistleblower came out with it - but - I don’t know if true or not. Haven’t paid much attention since it became very clear D’s going to drag their nuts on Trumps face this go around.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3