Texas D-Line Talk

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Can't find number of snaps played by each Edge, but on OTF it was mentioned that Justice Finkley has been losing some snaps. 

Vasek and Burke have both been improving... 

Vasek 41

Finkley. 70.  He did not log any snaps versus MSU.

Burke 100

Simmons 123

Sorrell 156

Moore 163

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Can someone with more DL experience than me explain why Ethan Burke isn't getting more snaps?

I notice when he's out there.  He makes plays.  Lead the team in sacks and 2nd in TFL's last year.

I know it's been touched on above, that teams are getting the ball out quicker etc. but still....what gives?

His move is a bull rush. He’s long and big. He’s going to be important later in the season. We haven’t needed that as much in these games where we control games. 

Vernon is an oiled up rattlesnake inside. I see him in the backfield often. He’s also held up decently in the run. If he can maintain his performance against the meat of our schedule, he might turn himself into an early day three draft pick or higher. His real value is getting after the passer though, he’s dangerous in known passing situations. Alfred is playing a bit out of position in my opinion, but he’s still a plus starter. 

4 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Can someone with more DL experience than me explain why Ethan Burke isn't getting more snaps?

I notice when he's out there.  He makes plays.  Lead the team in sacks and 2nd in TFL's last year.

I know it's been touched on above, that teams are getting the ball out quicker etc. but still....what gives?

It’s almost like having heavy rotations is happening

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CastHorn said:

Alfred is playing a bit out of position in my opinion, but he’s still a plus starter. 

Interesting... any more thoughts/details on how Collins should be better utilized??

I've definitely wondered why Collins hasn't shown up more and made some big plays.