Texas D-Line Talk

Reese Bennett

On 9/3/2024 at 11:57 PM, ClubWhatever said:

This is the problem.  Both DTs got washed out on quite a few plays.  Lole, Saveea, and Broughton were the worst offenders.  This was against an air raid team.  Michigan will run for 200+ yards if we roll the same performance out there and we will get minimal possession of the ball.   I want to see Collins and Norton at DT on a majority of snaps.  At DE, Burke and Sorrell.

I doubt we role out the dime against Michigan like we did against an Air Raid team.  We shut down their passing game by devoting extra DBs.  That makes it easier to run.  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Also, Texas played Collins limited snaps, and he mainly dropped into coverage. Texas showed absolutely nothing on Saturday and pitched a shutout due to being better. CSU was last shutout in 2013.

3 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I doubt we role out the dime against Michigan like we did against an Air Raid team.  We shut down their passing game by devoting extra DBs.  That makes it easier to run.  

I definitely expect a different front 7 saturday.

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

was expecting more (or maybe moore?) from him also.  did not see him on the field much.   as much talk as there was on putting focus on this area, no sacks and 2 hurries.  hopefully we start building a little steam on saturday.

There were very limited opportunities to generate pass rush against CSU. They were either running or throwing immediately. I think we'll see plenty of pressure and sacks this year when facing opponents that actually have their QB sit back and make reads. 

On 9/5/2024 at 9:00 AM, HtownHorn said:

Also, Texas played Collins limited snaps, and he mainly dropped into coverage. Texas showed absolutely nothing on Saturday and pitched a shutout due to being better. CSU was last shutout in 2013.

Collins definitely showed up vs michigan...

Also nice game for Simmons...

Edited by LTtxfan

On 9/9/2024 at 5:06 AM, LTtxfan said:

Collins definitely showed up vs michigan...

Also nice game for Simmons...

All the more impressive when you realize:

1) UT played #10 Michigan

2) Miami played FCS Florida A&M 

3) Clemson played Aggie nemesis App State

4) UF played FCS Samford 

5) A&M played FCS Mcneese state 

Edited by Professor Chesney
Disrespected App State
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

All the more impressive when you realize:

1) UT played #10 Michigan

2) Miami played FCS Florida A&M 

3) Clemson played FCS App State

4) UF played FCS Samford 

5) A&M played FCS Mcneese state 

I am 100% in agreement with your point, but FYI - App State is not FCS. They're one of the better G5 teams every year.