Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Three times in that video posted above sanders dipped into his perpetual victim complex. It's exhausting. Other than Magic, LeBron or MJ, there probably hasn't been a more embraced professional athlete. 

19 hours ago, Chooky said:

Three times in that video posted above sanders dipped into his perpetual victim complex. It's exhausting. Other than Magic, LeBron or MJ, there probably hasn't been a more embraced professional athlete. 

I don’t know about that, Deion was not liked by a lot of fans for being too “flashy.” 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

How did he grade out at DB?  What little I watched of him at WR and nothing really stood out as elite.  He's a great athlete, but he didn't show off anything that makes me think he's anything other than a good productive WR.

He gave up close to 300 yards in one half to the big Stanford WR (who did nothing else the rest of the year)

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

If CU really let that $2.5M influence their decision, then they're just fucking pooooor.

They didn't. Since the big 10 and SEC wouldn't take them where else were they going to go? The mountain West?

It just means the big 12 was stupid for even offering it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

On 7/10/2024 at 5:16 PM, Chooky said:

1) Can't belive you were able to make it through the entire video.

2) Unmmm....

Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo, Michael Phelps, Ronaldo, Maradona, Hank Aaron, Kobe, Tiger, Jerry Rice, Nolan Ryan, Walter Payton, Kareem the Dream, Barry Sanders, Joe Montana, Mike Tyson and because "that's my one, that's my one" Rocky mother fucking Marciano. I didn't even touch Hockey. 

Sorry, Neon isn't anywhere on that list.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

1) Can't belive you were able to make it through the entire video.

2) Unmmm....

Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo, Michael Phelps, Ronaldo, Maradona, Hank Aaron, Kobe, Tiger, Jerry Rice, Nolan Ryan, Walter Payton, Kareem the Dream, Barry Sanders, Joe Montana, Mike Tyson and because "that's my one, that's my one" Rocky mother fucking Marciano. I didn't even touch Hockey. 

Kareem the Dream?

There's only one Dream - Hakeem Olajuwon

image.webp.bc7a33ff2c3dd787e8bd559d3e336bae.webp

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

2) Unmmm....

Ummmm embraced? He was treated horrifically by a giant segment of the public for years and he’s on the short list of athletes who are 100% justified in being bitter about his general treatment by the public/“fans.” Holy shit.

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Ummmm embraced? He was treated horrifically by a giant segment of the public for years and he’s on the short list of athletes who are 100% justified in being bitter about his general treatment by the public/“fans.” Holy shit.

Nowhere did I say at the time of his play or during his career.

Similar comments could be made for a variety of people on my list. Pele for example certainly had some detractors in his day as did Ali who I shamefully neglected to include. I would say, TODAY, both are among the most famous and embraced athletes globally of all time.

That said, let me know if you think, in today's world (you know the time frame for which my message was intended), Deon Sanders is more embraced than Hank Aaron. 

21 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 7/11/2024 at 3:17 PM, Beau Vine said:
If CU really let that $2.5M influence their decision, then they're just fucking pooooor.

Not every school in America gets oil royalties, chief.

Because oil is racist against the Rocky Mountains. 

• 3 weeks later...

"It's like a real-life Grand Theft Auto video game," one former player said. "There are many distractions with fights, guns, and money floating around. The environment is unlike any I’ve come from before."

https://athlonsports.com/college/colorado-buffaloes/all-buffaloes/football/deion-sanders-chaotic-culture-turns-into-locker-room-violence-in-colorado

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

"It's like a real-life Grand Theft Auto video game," one former player said. "There are many distractions with fights, guns, and money floating around. The environment is unlike any I’ve come from before."
https://athlonsports.com/college/colorado-buffaloes/all-buffaloes/football/deion-sanders-chaotic-culture-turns-into-locker-room-violence-in-colorado
What a shit show.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Sounds like 12+ wins or 3.

6 hours ago, skipmcgee said:

That all seems less than ideal, can’t wait to watch it all somehow work out or fall apart at the seams, ain’t no in between 

11 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

That all seems less than ideal, can’t wait to watch it all somehow work out or fall apart at the seams, ain’t no in between 

Generally, if it's going to work out, the winning happens before these sorts of stories start leaking out (Switzer, Miami, Urban Meyer)

• Hook 'Em 3

Well, seems like they're 2/3 of the way there - got the money and the guns. Wouldn't surprise me if the lawyers were lurking in there somewhere.

Wait... do bankruptcy lawyers count?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
18 hours ago, skipmcgee said:

What a shit show.

Don't worry. @Chewbacca will show up and tell us why it's all fine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Everyone here made up their minds on Deion a long time ago.  That's why I bowed out of this thread.  Have fun with your circlejerk, though.

Not all of us shed their cognitive dissonance as quickly as yourself. We admire your ability to adjust your views based on new information and losses, no matter your previously held loyalties and strongly held beliefs

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

Not all of us shed their cognitive dissonance as quickly as yourself. We admire your ability to adjust your views based on new information and losses, no matter your previously held loyalties and strongly held beliefs

Not shedding anything, I'm just not going to talk about Deion or CU's team here anymore.  Nobody wants to have an actual discussion, you all just want to pile on.  so you can do so without me.  

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Not shedding anything, I'm just not going to talk about Deion or CU's team here anymore.  Nobody wants to have an actual discussion, you all just want to pile on.  so you can do so without me.  

I’m not against Deion at all win or lose,but hot dam can’t he put a gag order on all tweets and tell his players to just talk ball and teamwork and getting better than defending every dam mean tweet,  himself included. It’s all cringe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I don't want the guy to fail. I don't want CU to burn down.

It just seems pretty obvious to me that his tactics (which apparently include a lack of program oversight) have inherent faults to building sustainable success. Otherwise, I have no qualms here. It would be great (to me) for Deion to prove everyone wrong. However, it just seems like we've seen this movie before; and the ending doesn't match the promise of the start.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Well, seems like they're 2/3 of the way there - got the money and the guns. Wouldn't surprise me if the lawyers were lurking in there somewhere.

Wait... do bankruptcy lawyers count?

Not until the shit hits the fan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, skipmcgee said:

Dear lord.

Receipts, galore. 

I spend July in the mountains just southeast of Boulder. Played golf 4 times in Boulder. Each time  I got paired with a few current CU students and alumni. Every time I asked about Deoin, they all loved what he's doing. Their reasoning is that they were absolute shit before, at least they are getting publicity. None believed Deoin was self serving. I didn't want to be a dick and argue.

Will be fun to watch this Titanic program crash into Deoin's own ego and sink like a rock.

• Hook 'Em 6