Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

this is basically like a random grade school sports team:  pretty shitty all around, but they have 1 or a 2 good kids at the glamour positions thats barely enough to bail them out in most games.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Colorado's line is still dog shit. They were getting worked by NDSU....a times NDSU just didn't have the athleticism to finish. That will change when Colorado faces more athletic fronts.

I wonder if Sanders will make it all year healthy. He took a half dozen big hits in that game extending the play. And that was their easiest opponent. 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I wonder if Sanders will make it all year healthy. He took a half dozen big hits in that game extending the play. And that was their easiest opponent. 

And then he did what he did last year after big hits, became a loss less amazing. He threw and interception in the end zone and then couldn't covert a first down to put NDSU away. I'm sure part of is the physical aspects but I watched him last year also mentally start to melt down when things don't go his way and he's taking hits.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Colorado's line is still dog shit. They were getting worked by NDSU....a times NDSU just didn't have the athleticism to finish. That will change when Colorado faces more athletic fronts.

Yeah, CU got absolutely worked on both sides of the line the entire game. Hell, NDSU was running late behind 2 scores. That's how much confidence they had at the LOS. They are an FCS school with a new head coach in his first game.

If a targeting isn't missed and the shit ass Big XII refs don't fuck NDSU out of a first down missed targeting call and then fuck them again on 5 second with starting the clock before the ref even set the ball on the ground.... NDSU could have very likely won that game late.

This is going to be fun to watch cause.. the CU schedule isn't getting any easier. I do expect Big XII refs to be slobbing CU dong along with the mediots until it just boils over. 

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah, CU got absolutely worked on both sides of the line the entire game. Hell, NDSU was running late behind 2 scores. That's how much confidence they had at the LOS. That was against an FCS school with a new head coach in his first game.

If a targeting isn't missed and the shit ass Big XII refs don't fuck NDSU out of a first down and probably 15 second total of time... NDSU could have very likely won that game late.

This is going to be fun to watch cause.. the CU schedule isn't getting any easier.

The playcalling at the end by NDSU was horrible. Refs also missed some big calls that helped CU.

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm interested to see how well Travis Hunter plays as the season goes considering the amount of snaps he plays. There is no way he can play at level he played at last night vs 8-12 games into the season. I feel like he started off strong last year as well but got worn down.

Hunter's injury had a lot to do with that. He wasn't the same player when he came back. 

14 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah, CU got absolutely worked on both sides of the line the entire game. Hell, NDSU was running late behind 2 scores. That's how much confidence they had at the LOS. They are an FCS school with a new head coach in his first game.

If a targeting isn't missed and the shit ass Big XII refs don't fuck NDSU out of a first down missed targeting call and then fuck them again on 5 second with starting the clock before the ref even set the ball on the ground.... NDSU could have very likely won that game late.

This is going to be fun to watch cause.. the CU schedule isn't getting any easier. I do expect Big XII refs to be slobbing CU dong along with the mediots until it just boils over. 

NDSU is a top tier FCS school . Colorado would have an easier time with most other FCS schools

Edited by Dennis Taylor

I think Shadeur is a really good college QB.  And Hunter is special.

The rest of the team is last place in Big 12 quality.

Not sure how Sanders survives the season given the hits he was taking against a FCS team.  And Hunter will wear out due to usage.

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm interested to see how well Travis Hunter plays as the season goes considering the amount of snaps he plays. There is no way he can play at level he played at last night vs 8-12 games into the season. I feel like he started off strong last year as well but got worn down.

It really points out 1, and likely 2 issues. 

First, unless there is absolutely nobody on CU who can play CB well, that many snaps is just going to grind a player down. I'm not even talking big hits, death by a thousand papercuts sort of deal. Finger caught in a jersey, landing on a wrist, the non-injury contact at the LOS and while running a pattern. Hell, doing it without a team across the field creates minor wear and tear. So issue one, if there is someone who can play CB at least decently, that's a terrible coaching decision on behalf of a young player. 

Second, either coach prime was so shitty he didn't bother to find a player he could fill in for Travis at CB through the portal (shitty coaching) or he knows that the fill in player isn't of the same caliber so he doesn't care about the health of his best WR. (Shitty coaching)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

NDSU is a top tier FCS with a brand new coach. Colorado would have an easier time with most other FCS schools but will struggle terribly again non-FCS competition.

Man..  You're absolutely correct. Wish I had thought of that!!! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I think Shadeur is a really good college QB against inferior defenses.  And Hunter is special.

The rest of the team is last place in Big 12 quality.

Not sure how Sanders survives the season given the hits he was taking against a FCS team.  And Hunter will wear out due to usage.

This is where I stand, I would modify it slightly as I have above. 

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The playcalling at the end by NDSU was horrible. Refs also missed some big calls that helped CU.

Hunter's injury had a lot to do with that. He wasn't the same player when he came back. 

I disagree with your assessment of the NDSU game plan, but at this point it doesn't really matter. We are otherwise in agreement 

So much was made out of those early season victories last year, especially TCU and Nebraska.  But anyone with even a modicum of football knowledge could tell that was not a good team. Hell, even the pundits that were heaping praise in one sentence, would turn around and predict a 5 win team in the next.

I guess there was some future trend extrapolation going since they were so shitty and in disarray the year before.

Even before this game there was not a whole lot of new momentum with the program, just more of what they had last year with similar results to be expected.

I'm all for coach prime to hype himself and the program to get some false momentum, but at some point that needs to turn into some tangible results, if not in the form of more wins, certainty in player acquisition and development, added program stability, and roster depth.

10 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's so annoying that we are going to have to put up with the hype for at least another week. Hopefully Nebraska takes them down next week and CSU does the week after and all this will go away. 

It’s crazy to think that Casey Thompson is on his second school since he was the QB at Nebraska..   Now third string at OU, guess he just wanted to finish at his dad’s school. 

14 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's so annoying that we are going to have to put up with the hype for at least another week. Hopefully Nebraska takes them down next week and CSU does the week after and all this will go away. 

I hate to be the one to point his out, but when CU starts to go downhill the jackals can't afford to turn their backs on the topic. No, they have to come back with make believe, I told you so comments. The best part for them of building up a clown show is tearing it down when the evidence overwhelming points out the error of their ways. 

Hyena out front should have told you.

14 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Admin getting cooked for this, and rightfully so.

Whoever is running their social media is bitchmade just like their coach.  OTOH maybe they should just lean into being the heel?  It's kinda rare thou for the heel to be total ass, usually they're somewhat a threat.

3 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Whoever is running their social media is bitchmade just like their coach.  OTOH maybe they should just lean into being the heel?  It's kinda rare thou for the heel to be total ass, usually they're somewhat a threat.

I mean... Coach Prime has a penchant for the clothing and attitude at least. 

Ric-Flair-Butterfly-Robe-Cropped-(1).thumb.jpg.3f5c4b84eb768a83318bcf4b68a1ee27.jpg

37 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

Dayum. Deion should ask the university and the Colorado state legislature to put out a statement banning this writer and make it illegal to acknowledge that he even exists. That was scathing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
49 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Why rightfully so? That's pretty awesome.

Eh.. an FCS school makes a funny and accurate post about the literal variance between the mascots of the Universities prior to the game. Then that P4 school basically responded with "Score Board, Bitches" after. A game in which a FCS school came into CU's house, bitch made the CU lines on both sides of the ball and took the game down to the wire.

That's poor social media management from a university/athletic department and not funny at all.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

How is this a heel move?

It's pathetic and sad and worthy of being mocked. Nobody is mad at them - they are pointing and laughing at them. That's like the opposite of heat.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Why rightfully so? That's pretty awesome.

Bragging about barely beating a team that is effectively 2 levels below you, when the entire world saw the game, and knows damn well that a properly officiated contest would likely have resulted in a loss, is a straight up bitch move.

From the article,

In Parlance of Prime himself, he's Gucci when he should be Samsonite. 

Naahh... Samsonite actually damn good stuff - was, any road.

Prime traveling analogy more like brown paper bag from grocery store. 

It is sad, though, no doubt his salesmanship talents could be put to good use, but he just can't bring himself to do it.

4 minutes ago, landman said:

He needs to shut it down and wait for the draft.  The NFL knows his talent.  Continuing to play like this is going to wear him down or get him injured.

Man, wtf is this? A great football talent enjoys playing football and a spectator is saying shut it down after game 1.

You should neg yourself and apologize for this take.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Man, wtf is this? A great football talent enjoys playing football and a spectator is saying shut it down after game 1.
You should neg yourself and apologize for this take.

Exactly. I hate the shut it down mentality. It’s a sport, you’ve got a very small window.

I wonder how the sitting out will be affected by NIL. I’d ask for my money back.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I agree that Hunter is special, and is worthy of being a top 5 pick. Shadeur? Not so much. He's a decent CFB QB, but there's no way that kid is succeeding in the NFL. 

Hunter needs to pick a position and stick with it. He can't last the entire season on the trajectory he's on. 

Why?

Why?

1 minute ago, Slacks said:

Why?

Why?

Hunter is a freak athlete, and I just think if he wants to preserve his body from wear and tear the he should probably stick to one position. Maybe he stays healthy for the entire season? I dunno. But with Colorado being dog shit, I just think it would benefit him more in the long run. 

As for Sanders, he looks small and he's frail. He's not Kyler Murray, who is a freak athlete and is still meh in the league. I just don't think Sanders will last long in the NFL. He's hurt too often.