Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

52 minutes ago, Mittens said:

This is why it's hard for me to fathom how anyone can find these guys tolerable. 

The sanders family post game pressers after a loss have become a hobby of mine. Most of Shedeur's post game last night was him pushing back on the notion that they might need to run the bal a little bit. He kept trying to make the point that if you can get 4 yards on a hitch pass you might as well leave it in his hands. And his continuing point was that if they're gonna lose, you might as well lose with him throwing the ball. Not that any of that was a mystery, but last night Shedeur gave you a further idea of the mindset that's going on there: don't lose sight of the real show pony in that program. Win or lose, it's the same priority. 

4 hours ago, B00M said:

Pretty sure during last night’s beat down loss to Nebraska, the announcers said that Colorado admissions and/or applications are up like 25% since Deion started coaching there… so maybe there’s still no such thing as bad publicity? 

Still not a lot total, but I see a lot more people around town wearing CU gear than I used to several years ago.  I used to see almost literally no one.  

21 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

How long before Travis Hunter quits to "prepare for the draft?"

Seriously. There really isn't a need for anymore evidence to know how ridiculously talented he is. He's the most dynamic player in college football. CU's season is now pretty much just a required formality that he's expected to endure. An unnecessary gauntlet that he has to get through -- like a tour in Vietnam. "If I make it home I can start addressing all of those oil fields I acquired."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Still not a lot total, but I see a lot more people around town wearing CU gear than I used to several years ago.  I used to see almost literally no one.  

That would be true if they were just winning. My personal experience with CU fans is very similar to most West Coast particularly, LA/OC fans, college football or otherwise.

If there's a winner, perceived or real, it becomes trendy very fast, go grab swag from that team and then claim to be the biggest fan. Moment that team is a loser, that gears going in the closet or trash.

12 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Who could have expected that having a competent offensive line required multi-year development and continuity instead of getting a bunch of guys from the portal and starting from scratch every year except literally everyone?

Coach Prime thinks you're stupid.

2 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Who could have expected that having a competent offensive line required multi-year development and continuity instead of getting a bunch of guys from the portal and starting from scratch every year except literally everyone?

It definitely doesn't.  What it takes is competent coaching.

2022 TXST:  104 rush yards per game, 3.3 yards per attempt, 4 wins
2023 TXST:  187 rush yards per game, 4.6 yards per attempt, 8 wins

2023 OL were all transfers playing in their 1st year for TXST, and 4 of them came from FCS. 1st guy off the bench was a 4th year guy who had never started (not sure he'd even ever played on the OL - special teams only) and ended up starting 7 games due to an injury.  

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

That would be true if they were just winning. My personal experience with CU fans is very similar to most West Coast particularly, LA/OC fans, college football or otherwise.

If there's a winner, perceived or real, it becomes trendy very fast, go grab swag from that team and then claim to be the biggest fan. Moment that team is a loser, that gears going in the closet or trash.

Yet everyone up here wears Broncos stuff...

Just now, GJ Winne said:

It definitely doesn't.  What it takes is competent coaching.

2022 TXST:  104 rush yards per game, 3.3 yards per attempt, 4 wins
2023 TXST:  187 rush yards per game, 4.6 yards per attempt, 8 wins

2023 OL were all transfers playing in their 1st year for TXST, and 4 of them came from FCS. 1st guy off the bench was a 4th year guy who had never started (not sure he'd even ever played on the OL - special teams only) and ended up starting 7 games due to an injury.  

Sure coaching helps.

And there are always outlier examples. Just from years and years of watching CFB, unless you are a blue blood that can pull 5-star guys every year, the most common way to have a good OL is multi-year development and continuity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Being a good nfl qb is probably the most difficult job in sports. I just don't see shadeur having what it takes and the next level.  Add that to the fact you're drafting deion as well and I just don't know why anyone would want that circus. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, pops said:

Being a good nfl qb is probably the most difficult job in sports. I just don't see shadeur having what it takes and the next level.  Add that to the fact you're drafting deion as well and I just don't know why anyone would want that circus. 

Behind hitting a Major League baseball and driving an F1 car, probably. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

37 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

As a huge F1 and MLB fan, I'm not arguing with you, for sure, but they're all very difficult to do at a high level. I think maybe they're the 3 toughest things in sports.

https-3A-2F-2Fmarlinmaniac-com-2Ffiles-2

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, pops said:

25 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Edited by UT_OB1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

How long before Travis Hunter quits to "prepare for the draft?"

I think the question is "how long before he realizes Coach Whine is using him to boost Sheduer along" or Whine is using him because there are no other athletes on the D?

Sooner or later, someone will put a bug in his ear and explain to how things work outside of the CU locker-room. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Sooner or later, someone will put a bug in his ear and explain to how things work outside of the CU locker-room. 

It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ABSR said:

It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled.

But if that fool is narcissistic, you can plead to his vanity. Prime is wrecking that guy with all the snaps and a good sneaky agent will be carefully in his ear about it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I said CU fans. Not fans of Colorado sports team in Colorado. Jesus, your point actually backed exactly what I said. 

I didn't realize we were having an argument, but if we are, fuck you and the horse you rode in on!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I didn't realize we were having an argument, but if we are, fuck you and the horse you rode in on!

Well, it's my god damn horse isn't. I'll do as I please jack ass, but I won't be taking dictates on what that will be from you.

In this new era of college football I would not be surprised, nor would I blame him, if Hunter were to pack it in. Especially if Colorado keeps sucking and is sitting at a 50/50 record in five or six weeks. His coach is in the second year of a five year deal worth $29,500,000 and has an estimated net worth of $45,000,000 (which seems quite low to me).

This is a complete business and if I’m getting my head kicked in each week I am protecting my future earnings potential. It’s estimated that Sanders has brought $280,000,000 to the university, when taking into consideration TV exposure, increased donations, tickets, etc.

Sorry Coach Prime, you got yours, I want mine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 10:37 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm interested to see how well Travis Hunter plays as the season goes considering the amount of snaps he plays. There is no way he can play at level he played at last night vs 8-12 games into the season. I feel like he started off strong last year as well but got worn down.

He'll be burnt out by the time he turns pro.

So what's the end game for Prime and CU?

The shit show we've seen recently is only going to get worse as Colorado's season ends up in the 4-8 to 6-6 range. His kids are only going to become more petulant, or injured, or both as the losses mount and the finger pointing continues. So how does Deion extricate himself from the Boulder mess at the end of this season, when his kids are gone? What does he do or say to salvage his reputation for leaving Colorado in tatters? 

I assume his plan was to trade up to a better job. But no sane AD at a comparable or better school will surely hire him now. So what is his next act?

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Finebaum already saying Prime will leave Colorado after this season...

Texas vs. Michigan FALLOUT + Finebaum UNLEASHES on Deion Sanders 🍿 

The Matt Barrie Show

@Dennis Taylor has been saying he'll be gone this season since he got the job. Daddy baller con man has no interest in coaching

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Yet everyone up here wears Broncos stuff...

Buddy of mine runs one of the most popular sports bars in Denver. He's never been a college football fan, so I was texting him being like "are you a fan now that Deion Sanders is a thing at Colorado?" and he was like "Deion Sanders is on the broncos? what?" He had no fucking idea the Colorado Buffs were a thing. Asked him what about all the fans coming in with CU gear and he was like "what fans?" I don't think the Buffs are taking over colorado like people assumed.

10 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

So what's the end game for Prime and CU?

The shit show we've seen recently is only going to get worse as Colorado's season ends up in the 4-8 to 6-6 range. His kids are only going to become more petulant, or injured, or both as the losses mount and the finger pointing continues. So how does Deion extricate himself from the Boulder mess at the end of this season, when his kids are gone? What does he do or say to salvage his reputation for leaving Colorado in tatters? 

I assume his plan was to trade up to a better job. But no sane AD at a comparable or better school will surely hire him now. So what is his next act?

Deion will paint himself as a victim of racism, bad officiating or any myriad of other finger pointing. Start creating the narrative as the season heads downhill, being sure to throw his assistant coaches and players under the bus in the process. 

Deion has zero plans to remain in the college game. He'll find an opportunity as a position coach in the NFL and I'm sure he's already working on it. Likely at Dallas and putting a bug in the ear of the coaches there as well as Jerrah. Working to get his son drafted and hopefully continue epic level helicopter parenting into the NFL. He'll move on from CU at the end of the season, post draft and I'd be suprised if he doesn't end up at the same NFL franchise as one of his sons.

Because the news cycle forgets quickly by this time next year CU will have a new coach, worse issues without those skill players and the world will move on from the story, CU and Deion... until they turn their focus to the NFL team Deion went to... 

• Hook 'Em 3