Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Professor Farnsworth Futurama GIF

Our district outlawed it because, predictably, some parents were getting too daring with the songs. I actually didn't mind that new thing because it was the kids who asked for it and loved it. Until adults ruined it because that's how youth sports work. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

It is indeed entertaining, and it brought Colorado's football program more attention than it's gotten in decades, more than any other hire that Colorado could have hoped to have made.  I think the Sanders era will end as a flaming pile of garbage, but overall the short-term gains have worked out quite well for that program.

They definitely can make a better hire after he leaves then they could before him.  He did make it a better job to take after he leaves atleast.  It's the most national attention they have had ever.

Edited by Hook1997

I don't know if I predicted success because of the actual coaching required for success, but I thought he'd easily kill it in recruiting.  Turns out he doesn't do any HS recruiting though which leads credence to him have no long term plan to be a coach at there.  And he and his sons certainly made it easy to laugh at the trainwreck.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Our district outlawed it because, predictably, some parents were getting too daring with the songs. I actually didn't mind that new thing because it was the kids who asked for it and loved it. Until adults ruined it because that's how youth sports work. 

"Now batting, the left fielder, Timmy McNosePicker!"

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

My daughter who is named Janie and had a pretty good arm was talking about if her softball team did it she would choose "Janie's got a gun".

I told her absolutely not, but the parent response would have been interesting, to say the least.

We all know exactly how that would go...

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

My daughter who is named Janie and had a pretty good arm was talking about if her softball team did it she would choose "Janie's got a gun".

I told her absolutely not, but the parent response would have been interesting, to say the least.

Yeah, incest, child abuse, and fratricide is not generally a good subject for family activities.  

12 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Does she go by Jane ever?  I’m sure this “Jane Says” song I heard on the radio is about something wholesome.  

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Last year Deion sounded off that Matt Rhule "had to go and make it personal" and that he "took shots" at their program. Literally, nothing happened. Rhule did an innocuous interview and was asked about the portal. Rhule simply stated that he'd use the portal but that he still believed the fundamental approach to building a roster was high school recruiting, because obviously. Deion, somehow, framed and presented this as an attack on him, because he'd just run off 80 players and everything in the universe is directly correlated to him. 

The only thing I can assume is that it was a dumb attempt at motivation with a rival. It's a decades old rivalry that doesn't really need that kind of fuel anywayl. But the dumbest part of doing that is he juxtaposed himself with Rhule: a guy taking over a program in the same time frame as him and they're both attempting to rebuild. Rhule, a guy who has definitively already accomplished that at two different schools. Sanders, a guy who hasn't. 

That made their year two match-up a boldfaced, direct measurement of who was on a better path. I mean we all already knew the safest pick in that race. But deion didn't understand how this simple, two step sequence would play out perception wise. Corn is vastly improved but still not very good but far better on both sides of the ball in year two. And they have a talented freshman qb who will be granted patience to go and learn and fuck things up and make mistakes along with the transition. Colorado? The current discussion there is about Shedeur's auto-tuned rap song, him continuing to spray fetid, liquid flu feces down on his teammates and whether or not they'll proceed with getting the best player in college football crippled before he can go to the NFL.

And I bet Matt Rhule was nice about it and probably called him to explain that he had no idea what he'd done wrong. And last week Rhule got to pat deion on the back and tell him he thinks he's great after kicking the shit out of him. 

Anyway, tldr, it's just funny to me how short-sighted deion is even at self promotion, which everyone will still insist is something he does well. He basically picked a street fight with a polite version of Mike Tyson.

Deion isn’t dumb, but he’s not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. He's in WAY over his head, and he’s going to continue to say and do stupid shit until fired.  It’s ironic he wears the cowboy hat because when it comes to coaching, he’s all hat and no cattle. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nnm said:

C'mon.  Don't go Aggie on us.  As a whole, the B12 is definitely a step below the SECX3 and B1G, especially at the top, but it's not CUSA.  At the top of the B12, there are plenty of the leftover P5/4 teams that are a significant step above the CUSA.  Both the SECX3 and B1G also have their share of filler.  

One thing people are leaving out of this is that there is a major culture clash at CU.  The prevailing attitude among the admin and faculty is that football is a waste of money.  That's why the program deteriorated as far as it did.  The dumpster fire that is the Deion show will make sure that CU reverts quickly to deemphasizing football, once he burns it to the ground on the way out.   

100% this. They are Cal East. 

2 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

what's the vegas betting line on what date prime gets fired?   i'm saying the end of this season.

Fired? Nah. He’s made them the most relevant they’ve been in over a decade. He’ll leave on his own bc it’s god’s plan or something 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

Fired? Nah. He’s made them the most relevant they’ve been in over a decade. He’ll leave on his own bc it’s god’s plan or something 

I keep having thoughts of Deion and Prime Academy.  He’s gonna step in it at some point

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

What’s the over/under of remaining games where Deion starts to make noise that he’s the victim and hints he needs to leave CU?  My guess is 4 games.

he won’t say, “I’m a victim and need to leave,” but rather start to complain about the treatment he and his family are receiving. He will have to build the argument so his defenders will invite him to leave that horrible place.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What’s the over/under of remaining games where Deion starts to make noise that he’s the victim and hints he needs to leave CU?  My guess is 4 games.

he won’t say, “I’m a victim and need to leave,” but rather start to complain about the treatment he and his family are receiving. He will have to build the argument so his defenders will invite him to leave that horrible place.

Race card will absolutely be in the bingo selection. My thinking is he leaving to "protect his family from racism and unfair yada". So we agree there As for time frame, the ebb and flow will absolutely depend on winning. The moment it tips, maybe as soon as this weekend, and it's clear the media is calling him on his bullshit, the finger pointing begins. It will be laced with promotional propaganda about how great Shaduer is playing. All the while he's working with agents for his sons and his next con-game victim.

I hate this reality, but I keep thinking it will be Jerrah.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 9/10/2024 at 9:21 AM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

CUSA may be an overstatement on my part, but any program currently not in the Big 10 or SEC will struggle to maintain relevance on a national scale in the years to come. 

I mean... we'll see. It also depends what you mean by "relevance on a national scale."

The Big 12 currently has 5 teams ranked in the top 25, one fewer than the B1G and one more than the ACC.

And it's not like the top Big 12 programs have relied on recruiting at an elite level - these are programs that win by savvy recruiting/portal management, coaching and development. There is still a place for that in the post-NIL/transfer portal world.

Yes, the Blue Bloods of the B1G/SEC will always have the greatest advantage, but that's nothing new.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Goodman said:

Calling for truth and accountability from the internet always pays off. Address each rumor individually. If SkeetBallz420 said you glue diamonds to your scrotum and that your son shits in the Gatorade cooler, disavow it in a press conference. Let the world know that SkeetBallz420 and @FartMusket69 are NOT quality journalists. 

• Haha 9

CSU game will be fun Saturday night. Last year was entertaining despite plenty of shitastic coaching including clock mismanagement, 6 turnovers, 27 penalties combined and more.  43-35 OT final. 

Teams don't need reasons to dislike CU now. CSU did so even before Sanders took over the team. 

The game over of 58 looks way short.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Tory Horton is still banged up last week and they did just enough to put UNC away by the the half.  Then again, Shilo Sanders is out for 4-6 weeks and their lead back is ruled out too. Their weak run game might be abysmal in Fort Collins.

It's a hot ticket in town as they haven't hosted CU in six years, go Rams.

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Tory Horton is still banged up last week and they did just enough to put UNC away by the the half.  Then again, Shilo Sanders is out for 4-6 weeks and their lead back is ruled out too. Their weak run game might be abysmal in Fort Collins.

It's a hot ticket in town as they haven't hosted CU in six years, go Rams.

Game has not been played in Fort Collins since 1996

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrX said:

Shilo being out for CU helps their defense. 

CSU may really suck. I’m guessing it’ll be close. 

Shilo talks a lot of shit for a guy who isn't very good.

We know CU won't be able to run the ball so it will be the Shadeur Show. The question is how much can CSU score without Horton? 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The question is how much can CSU score without Horton? 

He's questionable.    But I'm guessing Horton is playing. 

“We owe them one. That’s been sittin’ on everybody’s minds since we came back from break. We owe them,” Colorado State receiver Tory Horton, who is questionable for Saturday’s game with a groin injury, told CBS News Colorado this week. “I don’t feel like we left it all on the field because we should have murdered them guys. They came out with that attitude as they were on top of the world. This ain’t no Cinderella story.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5761877/2024/09/11/colorado-state-tory-horton-buffaloes-deion-sanders/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1