Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

47 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Shilo talks a lot of shit for a guy who isn't very good.

We know CU won't be able to run the ball so it will be the Shadeur Show. The question is how much can CSU score without Horton? 

I think they'll be better running the ball if they'd a.) try to run the ball, and b.) use the hayden kid who transferred from OSU. 

The Offerdahl guy is their starting running back only because I assume he's deion's personal Rudy story. He's not very good and it's inexplicable why he's a starter. 

I don't know a ton about Pat Shurmur but they'd be better off just giving him compete control. I watched their Nebraska game from kickoff just for the lulz. What they're running isn't his or any coherent coach's offense. Their first 10 plays were all from the same 10 personnel formation, all passes until they got stuffed on fourth and short. Shedeur just stands there with 5 to protect so you can just fly in and tee off on him every down. I imagine they do this by deion's direction strictly to showcase his shithead kid. Or it might be that Shedeur dictates whatever makes him comfortable. Four wide and single back will get that dude killed. It's a dumb coaching staff. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

23 hours ago, pops said:
I miss when sonny lubick used to fuck with the buffs when they were still actually good.  Go rams. 

I believe you’re thinking about the legendary Bronko Lubich, who used to terrorize CU.

Bronko Lubich - Wikipedia

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

On 9/11/2024 at 1:28 PM, Wally Pryor said:

CSU game will be fun Saturday night. Last year was entertaining despite plenty of shitastic coaching including clock mismanagement, 6 turnovers, 27 penalties combined and more.  43-35 OT final. 

I'm loving that +225 ML for CSU. They were the better team last year in Boulder.

image.png.44d1fe7e6a51d99d5861c1a9253000dd.png

On 9/11/2024 at 1:09 PM, Chooky said:

Calling for truth and accountability from the internet always pays off. Address each rumor individually. If SkeetBallz420 said you glue diamonds to your scrotum and that your son shits in the Gatorade cooler, disavow it in a press conference. Let the world know that SkeetBallz420 and @FartMusket69 are NOT quality journalists. 

How dare you besmirch @FartMusket69's good name

Greta How Dare You GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2024 at 9:52 AM, Slacks said:

He's going to play behind an NFL OL, too. Have you watched CUs OL the last two years? They're one of the worst in CFB.

So, behind the worst OL in CFB, what I see is someone who keeps his eyes down field, can use his feet to create time, and usually makes the right decision and delivers an accurate, catchable ball. 

I don't know what y'all are looking for. Take the name off the back of the jersey.

Both lines have substantial 4* presence and Seaton is a 5*.  You're not just accidentally bad across the board with that much talent.

On 9/10/2024 at 8:15 AM, 4th&Five said:

I’m still in love this hire. It’s entertaining as hell. If it somehow worked it would have been hilarious too. The fact that it’s an absolute disaster is great entertainment as well. 

I hope he corches there forever.  I may have already said that twice or twenty times, can't remember.

On 9/10/2024 at 8:17 AM, BurntEyes said:

The entire Genesis and evolution of this thread is very interesting. I actually hope it gets archived at some point as there are some genuinely intriguing social and football aspects of posters here and perception broadly regarding Deion and more. 

It sort of falls into 2 camps, those defending Deion for a variety of reasons and those that have consistently shit on him. I'm of the latter group, but wasn't posting much when he first took the Jackson State job. What occurred there follows suit in off ways with what is happening now with different specifics.

The future of his sons and his success (or lack thereof) are what will play out in the next 12 months.

One side of the coin is going to look pretty foolish, the other not so much.

I haven't seen anyone defend that POS in 10s of pages.  Nothing is going to play out, there is no coming back from this train that's already over the edge.

On 9/10/2024 at 1:11 PM, Rex Kramer said:

Deion isn’t dumb, but he’s not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

a) doesn't know where Mt. Rushmore is

2) doesn't know what bolstered means

I am a fan.  I will watch every game this year and I will enjoy every second because much like Howard Stern, I wanna see/hear what happens next.

Shilo, sorry bout your karma

oh-snap-dave-chappelle.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

“Whatever people believe in, that’s where spirituality comes in,” Sanders Jr. said on the -- podcast. “You’ve got to stay prayed up. You’ve got to stay this and that, because it’s daily attacks. And that’s what you try to get the team to understand, bro, this s***’s bigger than football. We not only playing against CSU, you’re playing against the world. The world wants to see you fail. “

Reminiscent of Switzer and his bootlegger's boy bullshit, they're pulling out the "us against the world" melodrama. Relax. You're playing Colorado State. It's not that serious. 

Edited by Chooky

On 9/15/2024 at 9:00 AM, TonyTexas said:

The entire Sanders family are assholes. 

Fowler-Nicolosi talked a lot of shit before the game. All Shadueur was doing was calling him out on it and FN walked away like a bitch.

Don't talk trash then put up a 6.4 QBR with three turnovers at home.

• Hook 'Em 2

It was odd how those CSU players were allowed to unload double barrels of crazy shit talk. I kept wondering if they had some certainty on match-ups or were keen on an obscure advantage.

I couldn't glean anything from them against Texas. Their dt, #91, looked like he was okay -- stretched a couple runs and held up okay inside. The guy from duncanville. Blackburn can tackle but he's kind of stiff in coverage. They hyped up their unveiling of meh.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It was odd how those CSU players were allowed to unload double barrels of crazy shit talk. I kept wondering if they had some certainty on match-ups or were keen on an obscure advantage.

I couldn't glean anything from them against Texas. Their dt, #91, looked like he was okay -- stretched a couple runs and held up okay inside. The guy from duncanville. Blackburn can tackle but he's kind of stiff in coverage. They hyped up their unveiling of meh.

CSU seemed frisky early on against us before we steam rolled. I thought Colorado would have their hands full. Nope. They really are that shitty.

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

Fowler-Nicolosi talked a lot of shit before the game. All Shadueur was doing was calling him out on it and FN walked away like a bitch.

Don't talk trash then put up a 6.4 QBR with three turnovers at home.

I guess he could have walked back into the locker room with 2 minutes left on the clock, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Matt Rhule should take over at Colorado and leave Nebraska suffering for eternity. Corn sucks, but I have nothing against CU. 

I understand the sentiment, but no HC is leaving a B1G school ($100K per year in media rev) for a B12 program ($34K per year). That extra money is used to hire support staff for scouting and analysis. Thats why the life of a coach in the B1G and SEC is so much better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, statsman said:

I understand the sentiment, but no HC is leaving a B1G school ($100K per year in media rev) for a B12 program ($34K per year). That extra money is used to hire support staff for scouting and analysis. Thats why the life of a coach in the B1G and SEC is so much better. 

OH, definitely. It was more of a wish than reality. Even a terrible NU is far better than a Big 12 anybody. 

I said if in another thread, but maybe CU can hire Gus Malzahn. He's a proven winner, but the only problem is recruiting at CU would be a tall order compared to Florida, where there's athletes literally everywhere. 

11 minutes ago, statsman said:

How far is $100K going?

• Haha 4

I imagine Baylor's offense will continue to resemble a viscous fluid that drips from an ape's ass. Sawyer Robertson played quarterback against AF. I don't know when the Quinn guy will be back. Nobody does. No one has even asked. Not even Aranda. Before it could be brought up he mumbled some metaphor about the Berenstein Bears and then got paranoid that someone might have seen him smile last week. If Dawson Pendergrass can run on CU they should feel bad and CSU should feel worse. 

Colorado will win this one and Shilo will roundhouse an old lady in the face to celebrate. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I imagine Baylor's offense will continue to resemble a viscous fluid that drips from an ape's ass. Sawyer Robertson played quarterback against AF. I don't know when the Quinn guy will be back. Nobody does. No one has even asked. Not even Aranda. Before it could be brought up he mumbled some metaphor about the Berenstein Bears and then got paranoid that someone might have seen him smile last week. If Dawson Pendergrass can run on CU they should feel bad and CSU should feel worse. 

Colorado will win this one and Shilo will roundhouse an old lady in the face to celebrate. 

Before this season, I viewed the CU schedule as having 3 for sure wins for the buffs - NDSU, CSU and Baylor. One could have also argued for Cincinnati. They're going to be 3-1 heading to UCF. There will be a lot of shit talking ahead of that game, and the media will be talking CU up again for views and clicks. I assume that UCF will have that game circled and put a beatdown on them that resonates for the rest of the year. UCF might run for 400 yards in that game. 

Baylor? I don't even recognize the names of the players you're referencing. Surely Baylor is headed towards another season of 3-9 hilarity? I've not once considered the notion that Baylor will be anything but cannon fodder this weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Was the CSU QB shit talk screen shotted? Curious how bad or tame it was. I thought Sanders' was kind of an asshole either way but if the other QB was taking direct shots at him pregame I could see it justified.

IMG_0621.png

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Before this season, I viewed the CU schedule as having 3 for sure wins for the buffs - NDSU, CSU and Baylor. One could have also argued for Cincinnati. They're going to be 3-1 heading to UCF. There will be a lot of shit talking ahead of that game, and the media will be talking CU up again for views and clicks. I assume that UCF will have that game circled and put a beatdown on them that resonates for the rest of the year. UCF might run for 400 yards in that game. 

Baylor? I don't even recognize the names of the players you're referencing. Surely Baylor is headed towards another season of 3-9 hilarity? I've not once considered the notion that Baylor will be anything but cannon fodder this weekend. 

Baylor is sewage and I guess they can go 3 - 9 if they can beat either Kansas or Houston. I watched Baylor start to finish vs Utah because I'm a nerd. I don't know why, but I assumed they would have something to build on from last year. How could they not? They might be worse this year. I have no idea how the wheels fell off there. Yes,  they will probably have another 3-9 season of hilarity. I'm sure the Kinne maneuvering is already in motion and everyone within the program is already in fuck it mode. 

Cincinnati should've beat Pitt. But that's probably a CU win since it's in Boulder. Hard to tell this early. But once CU gets to that part of the schedule they'll be facing teams that at least have narrow pockets of competency. Cincinnati's qb Sorsby can move the ball. I don't know what to expect from Texas Tech. But it's in Lubbock. Good call, Micah hudson. I think he has one catch this season. It's honestly kind of embarrassing that I've been this ruminative about Big 12 football. 

• Hook 'Em 1