Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

8 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Baylor is sewage and I guess they can go 3 - 9 if they can beat either Kansas or Houston. I watched Baylor start to finish vs Utah because I'm a nerd. I don't know why, but I assumed they would have something to build on from last year. How could they not? They might be worse this year. I have no idea how the wheels fell off there. Yes,  they will probably have another 3-9 season of hilarity. I'm sure the Kinne maneuvering is already in motion and everyone within the program is already in fuck it mode. 

Cincinnati should've beat Pitt. But that's probably a CU win since it's in Boulder. Hard to tell this early. But once CU gets to that part of the schedule they'll be facing teams that at least have narrow pockets of competency. Cincinnati's qb Sorsby can move the ball. I don't know what to expect from Texas Tech. But it's in Lubbock. Good call, Micah hudson. I think he has one catch this season. It's honestly kind of embarrassing that I've been this ruminative about Big 12 football. 

Hudson came absolutely unhinged in the North Texas game and caught 3 passes for 43 yards in garbage time. 

Regarding Tech beyond Hudson, part of what you can make of them is that Chandler Morris is still very not good. At one point, starting when the game still had a prayer of being close-ish, Morris took it upon himself to put North Texas out to pasture. At 24-7, UNT has the ball and Morris throws a pick 6. They immediately get the ball back at 31-7 and Morris throws another pick on his first attempt, inside the UNT 30. Tech scores again, up 38-7. UNT HC Morris has had enough and they run the ball and punt on the next possession. Tech scores again, 45-7. With the game out of hand, HC Morris decides to let Chandler Morris throw it again, and he immediately throws his 3rd consecutive pick in 3 passes. Getting the ball inside the UNT 30 again, Tech scores again to go up 52-7. 

That's the same Tech defense that gave up 51 to Abilene Christian and whatever the fuck to Wazzou. Conclusion? Chandler Morris is dirty asshole at QB. Nothing new to read about Tech. They likely still suck balls. But, hey, it's Lubbock, so anything can happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Chandler Morris is still very not good. At one point, starting when the game still had a prayer of being close-ish, Morris took it upon himself to put North Texas out to pasture. At 24-7, UNT has the ball and Morris throws a pick 6. They immediately get the ball back at 31-7 and Morris throws another pick on his first attempt, inside the UNT 30. Tech scores again, up 38-7. UNT HC Morris has had enough and they run the ball and punt on the next possession. Tech scores again, 45-7. With the game out of hand, HC Morris decides to let Chandler Morris throw it again, and he immediately throws his 3rd consecutive pick in 3 passes. Getting the ball inside the UNT 30 again, Tech scores again to go up 52-7.

Hahaha.  God, mathematics, jet sweeps, and nepotism.  Good bull.

It's not really shit-talking to call any male member of the Sanders family a douchebag asshole, is it?

It's one thing to be flexing and talking performance-based shit to CU when you are down 28-3.  It's totally legit to call a Sanders a fucking selfish douchebag prick.  

11 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Deion’s point that they are still kids and not equipped to handle criticism is fine. But he can’t help himself. He had to belittle and make thinly veiled threats. 

Still kids. Poor things. 

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZXJpZXMvUlRUVjE1MjEzMC53ZWJw.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

Just shut the fuck up and play football. Never thought I'd want to hear coach speak so bad. I'm not even a Deion hater, just tired of his shit. Someone needs to tell him he sounds like a bitch. 

He's always been a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Whatever coach follows Deion at Colorado is going to enjoy the easiest round of "doing things differently in the new regime" preseason press coverage there ever was

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Deion’s point that they are still kids and not equipped to handle criticism is fine. But he can’t help himself. He had to belittle and make thinly veiled threats. 

Except they aren’t kids. At this point they are professional athletes. His kids are also pieces of shit.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s okay for him to belittle players and shit when he arrived though

Fucking this. It's crazy that this dude can stand up there and act indignant about the treatment of players after the way he has behaved. Total clown shit.

His kids act above their teammates and blame them when they’re not successful. I’m sure when Shadeur drops in the draft they’ll all play the victim card but who the hell wants a cancer like that on their team? He’s got talent but there are a lot of things equally as important at the next level. Fuck you Jerry if your dumbass drafts him.

2 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

His kids act above their teammates and blame them when they’re not successful. I’m sure when Shadeur drops in the draft they’ll all play the victim card but who the hell wants a cancer like that on their team? He’s got talent but there are a lot of things equally as important at the next level. Fuck you Jerry if your dumbass drafts him.

Cowboys aren't drafting him after signing Dak. 

On 9/17/2024 at 6:28 PM, TonyTexas said:

This is part of WhineTime's ongoing strategy to alienate the press.  By keeping an open war with the press, it will keep attention off his crappy O line and fact he doesn't have any other skill players than TH.  Still will not matter, he'll have to explain at the end of the year why his team has a losing record.  Now that the press knows "what button to push" I expect some genuine BS from him. 

A former member of the Colorado football staff took a trip without the team’s knowledge to Saudi Arabia in December in hopes of striking a $10 million deal between the country’s tourism arm and the collective that raises name, image and likeness funds for the university’s athletes.
Documents obtained through open records requests from The Athletic, as well as interviews with the staffer, Trevor Reilly, and statements from the school and its collective, showed that Reilly financed a trip to the Middle East in December by himself before eventually resigning in frustration Aug. 1 from his role as a special teams analyst for coach Deion Sanders.

Reilly, a former NFL linebacker, characterized his meetings with officials in Saudi Arabia as serious even as officials with Colorado and those working on behalf of the collective said Reilly worked on his own without their blessing.
Officials for Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) and its tourism ministry did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment. Still, the kingdom has shown itself to be a serious player in numerous sports through its sovereign wealth fund, raising inevitable speculation about whether college athletics might be ripe for its investment.
A Saudi official, in a Dec. 28 email to Reilly obtained by The Athletic, confirmed their meeting and described himself as an “international partnership associate” employed by the Saudi government.
“My idea is to look for basically an exclusive branding agreement, where they sponsor our collective for a considerable amount of money and we promote visiting Saudi Arabia and promote tourism there,” Reilly wrote in a Dec. 27 email in which he sought help from a lawyer.
“With our social media following in our national reach, I believe that there is a serious deal to be made here,” he wrote, noting examples of serious sums being paid to athletes, including the golfer Phil Mickelson.
Reilly sent a presentation to his contact in Saudi Arabia that laid out his vision and Sanders’ financial impact on Boulder and Colorado in his first season, pitching the star coach as a “religious, family man, almost never political.” He said Sanders improved diversity in the community, exponentially grew Colorado’s reach on social media and spiked applications to the school, while drawing celebrities like Dwayne Johnson to Boulder for Buffaloes games.
“We will leverage this exposure in conjunction with our ideal image (family oriented, religious, not politically radical) to drive tourism to Saudi Arabia,” Reilly wrote in his presentation. “With just the football program’s audience we get over 10 million unique eyes on Saudi Arabia.”
Blueprint Sports, an organization employed by Colorado to work with its top NIL collective, the 5430 Alliance, said in a statement that it was not involved in Reilly’s pursuit of foreign investments.
“Trevor Reilly has never been authorized or directed to speak or advocate on behalf of 5430 Alliance, especially in Saudi Arabia,” said a spokesperson for Blueprint, which is employed by several prominent Division I programs. “Since our launch in March 2024, all funding and initiatives have been managed solely within domestic channels and are entirely unrelated to Mr. Reilly or his work.”
Reilly moved to Hawaii after quitting with a fiery letter that complained about the leadership of Blueprint and the 5430 Alliance.
Reilly had worked under Sanders to secure NIL funds at Jackson State and came to Colorado in hopes of finding a similar role. He had additional duties to help with special teams and earned a $90,000 salary.
Reilly, 36, said he took it upon himself to comb the world for more funding because he believed Blueprint and the 5430 Alliance weren’t making enough money to fund a roster that could contend for conference championships.
“I did all this work in your name and was told to pursue it. I burned through all my contacts in the Mormon community, which is worth about $3 trillion. Now, I can’t get these people to answer my calls because I just found out today that none of my endeavors will happen,” Reilly wrote in his resignation letter, which was addressed to athletic director Rick George and Sanders. “I even went to Saudi Arabia and got a meeting with the Saudis, who were interested in pursuing business. I have email receipts to prove it, and you guys let it fall flat on its face.”
It is not fully clear how realistic a deal was. Reilly’s trip also included a visit to Amman, Jordan, where he pursued additional NIL funds while trying to secure a meeting in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
“According to Trevor Reilly himself, he acted on his own accord and is no longer an employee of the university,” a Colorado athletic department spokesperson said last month after Reilly quit. Reilly confirmed that characterization to The Athletic.
In Hawaii, Reilly, who played college football at Utah and was drafted by the New York Jets in the seventh round of the 2014 draft, is a volunteer football coach at a local high school while washing dishes at a restaurant.

• Rage+1 1

I may get negged for this, but I hope he succeeds.  I don't think he will because he's too much show and too little substance.  But he makes a good villain and is a certain kind of character.  I like characters in college football.  Same reason I liked Mike Leach.  He may be an immoral piece of shit and his kids may be spoiled, entitled brats with huge egos, I don't know.  They certainly wouldn't be the only ones.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I may get negged for this, but I hope he succeeds.  I don't think he will because he's too much show and too little substance.  But he makes a good villain and is a certain kind of character.  I like characters in college football.  Same reason I liked Mike Leach.  He may be an immoral piece of shit and his kids may be spoiled, entitled brats with huge egos, I don't know.  They certainly wouldn't be the only ones.

I liked Mike Leach because he kicked aggy's ass and then dragged his nuts over their traditions. Also, because he was a character. But mostly, the nut dragging.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I like characters in college football.  Same reason I liked Mike Leach.  He may be an immoral piece of shit and his kids may be spoiled, entitled brats with huge egos, I don't know.  

Deion Sanders is just a character.

Mike Leach was a character who also had character.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Win or lose Colorado has delivered a ton of entertainment last 2 years. TH12 is a stud and Shedeur does a good Caleb Williams facsimile on the field

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/25/2024 at 12:17 PM, 52-80 said:

Win or lose Colorado has delivered a ton of entertainment last 2 years. TH12 is a stud and Shedeur does a good Caleb Williams facsimile on the field

I don't like Telenovelas.

I turn them on.

Spurier was a character.

Bowden was a character.

Leach was a character.

Deion is a grifter pos, and so are his children.

There are lots of grifters and pos on Telenovelas. My Spanish is passable at best.

The hot women and over the top acting get my attention so I leave them on it if I come across them.

I don't like them, I don't like Deion. He's grifter. He probably has a lot of smoking women in the backrooms. I'd be okay with televising this aspect too. 

I'm leaving the show on until it's conclusion, sans hot women because I'm entertained.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2024 at 8:43 AM, Ojo Rojo said:

How was peach a villain?