Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

32 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Is this what you would call a victim complex?

in perpetuating adversarial relationships with reporters, thinking they’re out to get him, while manufacturing rivalries against other coaches?

absolutely. 

and i say this as a colorado and deion fan. man was on my childhood SB29 team.

6 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

in perpetuating adversarial relationships with reporters, thinking they’re out to get him, while manufacturing rivalries against other coaches?

absolutely. 

and i say this as a colorado and deion fan. man was on my childhood SB29 team.

From the outside looking in, the hate and vitriol for that man warrants anything he chooses to do. I have never seen a more polarizing figure amongst football coaches. People were seriously pissed off last year just simply because people were excited about him going to CU.

35 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

From the outside looking in, the hate and vitriol for that man warrants anything he chooses to do. I have never seen a more polarizing figure amongst football coaches. People were seriously pissed off last year just simply because people were excited about him going to CU.

Yin and Yang. Big personalities attract big attention. A cocksure attitude always invites that kind of stuff and happens in every sport. Tale as old as time

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Yin and Yang. Big personalities attract big attention. A cocksure attitude always invites that kind of stuff and happens in every sport. Tale as old as time

Find me a coach with that kind of hatred. Any sport. At any time frame. We have 109 pages on this coach and we are 5 games into season two.

Edited by Thatguy

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Find me a coach with that kind of hatred. Any sport. At any time frame. We have 109 pages on this coach and we are 5 games into season two.

3 threads down. 

Less joking answer, can you name a coach with similar magnitude profile and personality that gets less attention? A 2-sport HOF athlete with signature celebration move and reality TV show? Guy like that is supposed to slip under the radar?

14 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Hate and criticism are not the same thing.

This is correct. I don't hate Deion, I just think he is an idoit that talks too much shit for a coach that is 8-9 for his career in the FBS, and if anyone questions his shitty coaching and program building skills they are immediately labeled a hater. You need to be made of teflon when you coach at the P4 level instead he lashes out at reporters and bans them.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Tom Herman

Greg Davis

David Pierce

Shaka Smart

Charlie Strong

Manny Diaz

hell, people here 'hate' Mack Brown more than Deion Sanders...and that motherfucker won us 150+ games and a national championship!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Tom Herman

Greg Davis

David Pierce

Shaka Smart

Charlie Strong

Manny Diaz

None of them stacked up 109 pages in less than 2 years at a program that has nothing to do with us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

But I also hate Herman.

Of that list, Herman was, imo, the easiest to hate. Mack and he shared a lot of similar traits, so does Deion.

Folks like Charlie and Shaka just made you shake your head in anger and wonder. Did they have learning disabilities?

He is an asshole. 
He is an entertainer.

He is an entertaining asshole, that happens to coach football. 

All the flashy “me me me” bullshit is to be expected, it fucking “Neon” / “Primetime” Deion Sanders. That’s who he was in the league, and that’s who he has continued to be. It’s part of the reason we are drawn to him and his story and honestly having a real “personality” in the coaching ranks can be fun and generate conversation (109 pages worth I guess).  

the real issue is he is a fucking thin skinned pussy, and those attributes seemed to be passed on to his kids (also you always going to get a ton of criticism if your kid is a starting player, whether the player is great/mid af). Shadeur and wanting his “hype” song to play after TDs instead of the fucking band playing. Then Shilo appears to just be his own special level of overrated and a shitheel. 

I can’t imagine any coach really “enjoys” dealing with the media, but it’s literally a part of the job and you take in all the bullshit that comes with it (unfair judgments/harsh personal criticism/call outs on coaching style and scheme/etc.). Deion seems to think it’s a privilege for the media to interview him. He is a condescending dickhead in his interactions with media, loves playing the victim, and will quickly throw a player under the bus. 

banning a reporter?  Give me a fucking break. Unless that reporter was wayyyyy out of line, that move is a clear sign of a narcissist wanting to silence opinions they might slightly nick his humongous ego. 

I want them to lose, because fuck CU and fuck the b12. But Deion certainly makes it easy to criticize and laugh at his failures, so I will continue to do so. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Win or lose, Deion is always entertaining and has made college football more fun. His program is a train wreck, but is 100% more fun to follow than the boring, retread scam coaches who are constantly regurgitated by the industry. 

Except for Jimbo. I miss Jimbo every day.

12-th-Man.jpg

• Haha 3

I still don’t understand Shaka. He completely went away from what made him successful. Why wouldn’t it translate to Texas?

That one surprised me too. I’ve got a buddy that was a high school basketball coach that went to a couple of clinics Shaka was at before coming to Texas. My friend was really excited about him being the coach.

BOULDER — Rick George hopes Deion Sanders ain’t hard to keep.

“We hope that Coach Prime finishes his career here,” the CU Buffs athletic director said at a news conference Tuesday when asked about his football coach, whose squad is off to a 4-1 start. “We think he can do significant things for us long-term with longevity.

“For us, and I think Coach would sit here and tell you (that) we’re on the same page with where we want this program to go.”

Sanders and CU are in the second season of a five-year, $29.5-million contract. Year 3 of that deal features a renegotiation clause in which either side may request changes for things such as salary or benefits.

If Sanders would leave for another job after this season he would owe CU $10 million. That number drops to $8 million after 2025 and $5 million after 2026.

Coach Prime is 8-9 over his first eight games at CU. The Buffs, who finished 4-8 last fall after a 3-0 start, host No. 18 Kansas State (4-1, 1-1) on ESPN late Saturday night. All of CU’s tilts this season have been broadcast on national TV.

The video player is currently playing an ad.

“I think what he’s done has been incredible,” George said. “I like the culture he’s created, and I see it on a daily basis with his student-athletes and his coaches. There’s a lot to do still moving forward, and we’re on the same page with that.”

Sanders has regularly been floated by national pundits as a candidate for higher-revenue programs in the SEC and ACC — and, more specifically, at the two biggest programs in his home state, Florida and Florida State.

The Seminoles, for whom Coach Prime starred as a collegian, are off to a 1-5 start. The Gators moved to 3-2 last weekend with a 24-13 home win over UCF. Sanders’ Buffs drubbed those same Knights in Orlando two weekends ago, 48-21.

"Year 3 of that deal features a renegotiation clause in which either side may request changes for things such as salary or benefits."

I'd love to see how the hell this is drafted.  I assume it's just a " the parties agree to negotiate in good faith, yada yada yada,". Basically unenforceable bullshit 

On 10/3/2024 at 10:36 AM, Sawbonz said:

I still don’t understand Shaka. He completely went away from what made him successful. Why wouldn’t it translate to Texas?

On 10/3/2024 at 10:54 AM, Jkwellborn said:

That one surprised me too. I’ve got a buddy that was a high school basketball coach that went to a couple of clinics Shaka was at before coming to Texas. My friend was really excited about him being the coach.

Basketball thread is...somewhere...I think 

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2024 at 6:51 AM, TreatyOak said:

Win or lose, Deion is always entertaining and has made college football more fun. His program is a train wreck, but is 100% more fun to follow than the boring, retread scam coaches who are constantly regurgitated by the industry. 

Except for Jimbo. I miss Jimbo every day.

12-th-Man.jpg

I'm sorry, but he's not coming back. 

breaking bad huell babineaux GIF

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm sorry, but he's not coming back. 

breaking bad huell babineaux GIF

I wish you wouldn't share unhelpful words like that.

I am still feeling overwhelming sorrow, loss, depression, anger and betrayal. Jimbo IS coming back. I know he is. One day they will see. I love you, Jimbo. Always. 

• Drool 1

On 10/3/2024 at 12:18 AM, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Tom Herman

Greg Davis

David Pierce

Shaka Smart

Charlie Strong

Manny Diaz

Ain't hard to find.

Credit where credit due, did not see the beat down on UCF coming.  Someone either told Shadyer to start running north south or he got smart and started doing it himself, either way its been a great choice.  They're keeping defenses more honest now while wearing them down and more pass plays will be open.  That was the reason it was so easy to pick them losing, because they were too fucking one dimensional.  Nebraska would have let them run every down if they wanted to, they were gonna shut down the pass no matter what.  Deion is still a terrible coach but I've switched my mind up a bit on Shady after watching him play the past two games.  If he keeps doing what he did those two games, they're gonna be a tough out.  I've always contended that talent wise they had enough to go bowling last year, Deion fucked up the Stanford and ASU games badly and that cost them 2 wins.  IF things stay the same the rest of the season with Shadys play, and I might puke a little saying this, I would not be against him going to the Dolphins to replace Tua.  

I still hope Deion corches at Colorado forever, but I know he's gone next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SurlyORama said:

"No" is "less", but "less" isn't necessarily "no".

You made me scroll back 5 pages to see what you wrote had nothing to do with what I wrote?

I didn’t claim “less” is “no.” I said “less” works better with the other comparatives, “more” and “better,” than “no” does.

Chalk up another Colorado loss to Deion's insistence of playing his returning son Shilo trying to get him drafted. Shilo was awful and abused in both the running game and passing game. He also furthered hampered his team's chances of going to a bowl by finally getting the best player on his team injured by over playing him.

It should be painfully obvious by now the only 3 players on the Buffalos Deion gives two shits about are Saduer, Shilo, and Hunter.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2024 at 7:50 PM, mulletpelini said:

Credit where credit due, did not see the beat down on UCF coming.  Someone either told Shadyer to start running north south or he got smart and started doing it himself, either way its been a great choice.  They're keeping defenses more honest now while wearing them down and more pass plays will be open.  That was the reason it was so easy to pick them losing, because they were too fucking one dimensional.  Nebraska would have let them run every down if they wanted to, they were gonna shut down the pass no matter what.  Deion is still a terrible coach but I've switched my mind up a bit on Shady after watching him play the past two games.  If he keeps doing what he did those two games, they're gonna be a tough out.  I've always contended that talent wise they had enough to go bowling last year, Deion fucked up the Stanford and ASU games badly and that cost them 2 wins.  IF things stay the same the rest of the season with Shadys play, and I might puke a little saying this, I would not be against him going to the Dolphins to replace Tua.  

image.png.4a06297bfac22fc2d23d19871bf7078a.png

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Any other coach would be taking a lot of shit in the press for playing Hunter basically until he got hurt because it was just a matter of time. 

Maybe not entirely fair. Hunter has to shoulder that. He's 2-way player, he sought out Prime who was multi-role player (who else would want to go to Jackson State...).

Supposedly, he has a very boring off-field life, and commits lots of time to conditioning and recovery. I think he knows what he wants, and his playtime is not merely being pushed by Deion.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Maybe not entirely fair. Hunter has to shoulder that. He's 2-way player, he sought out Prime who was multi-role player (who else would want to go to Jackson State...).

Supposedly, he has a very boring off-field life, and commits lots of time to conditioning and recovery. I think he knows what he wants, and his playtime is not merely being pushed by Deion.

Yeah, it's entirely possible, though young, Hunter has a vision and is driving the action nearly as much, maybe even more than Deion. 

Thinking on Deion, I could see him becoming an NIL "agent" of sorts in a next step. Find extremely talented and motivated HS athletes and work a dual roll of agent and non-team trainer. His work at CU and professional career would support that resume wise.