Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

My guess, if I was a betting man, Colorado won’t achieve over .500 this year in the B12.

There’s no way they have the supporting cast and staff to go through their scheduled season.

QB and WR/DB can be the greatest, but that doesn’t account for the rest - JMO.

Hook’em!!!

Probably so. Vegas only sees 5.5 wins with 2 likely top 10 draft picks. Then it goes down next year.

Young men need role models who don't teach them how to act like a little bitch over perceived slights, and to ignore shit that inevitably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Holy shit.  It would take a thin skinned narcissistic little bitch to get upset at anyone affiliated with a whole network for something like that.  Oh wait...

• Like 2

His kids are gone after this year and then Colorado will be looking for a new HC.

Maybe he takes a year off before going back to an HBCU- my bet was the one in Houston but I looked it up and they're coached by the great Chris Dishman

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I know I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating - Shadeur Sanders is not going to be a top 10 draft pick. It’s comical that some idiotic talking heads have thrown that out there and it’s stuck. He’s physically gifted but not extraordinarily so. His non-physical traits are a fucking nightmare and his off the field baggage makes him almost undraftable. Outside of Jerry Jones, I don’t know who would be dumb enough to invite the most absurd helicopter parent of all time into their tent. 

I absolutely agree. I think he's a very physically gifted, lower level field vision/decision making mid-tier college QB with "Off Field Wash-Out Issues" tattooed on his forehead.

So of course the Cowboys will pick him up early, probably passing on Quinn Ewers to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

His kids are gone after this year and then Colorado will be looking for a new HC.

Maybe he takes a year off before going back to an HBCU- my bet was the one in Houston but I looked it up and they're coached by the great Chris Dishman

I said it very early in this thread, but I'll be shocked if he's still coaching in 3 years.

He won't give a shit next year at all, and if he doesn't just leave after year 3, he'll be run off creating drama worthy of a show called "Real Housewife Issues of CU Football".

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I know I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating - Shadeur Sanders is not going to be a top 10 draft pick. It’s comical that some idiotic talking heads have thrown that out there and it’s stuck. He’s physically gifted but not extraordinarily so. His non-physical traits are a fucking nightmare and his off the field baggage makes him almost undraftable. Outside of Jerry Jones, I don’t know who would be dumb enough to invite the most absurd helicopter parent of all time into their tent. 

Not just the Deion shit bit sheduer is hurting his stock with his dumbass tweets.  GMs aren’t fond of qbs doing that shit 

• Hook 'Em 1

I said it very early in this thread, but I'll be shocked if he's still coaching in 3 years.
He won't give a shit next year at all, and if he doesn't just leave after year 3, he'll be run off creating drama worthy of a show called "Real Housewife Issues of CU Football".

He will take a year or two off for some made up bs, then go back to the studio.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

This is glorious. He wouldn’t answer their question because if this? I cannot wait to see Colorado fall flat on their face this year. 

He answered questions, but when the reporter for the local CBS affiliated identified himself to ask a question Deion refused to let him ask a question.  “You know why!”    

SOFT

12 hours ago, cmontexas said:

I will be absolutely shocked if he ever coaches again after this season.  I think he did this whole thing to promote his kids and when they are drafted he will be done coaching.  Maybe I am wrong but there is nothing he has done that indicates he is actually building for the future.  I can’t think of a more self serving coach in the history of college football. 
I hope he proves me wrong it’s cool that Colorado is actually relevant again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

I will be absolutely shocked if he ever coaches again after this season.  I think he did this whole thing to promote his kids and when they are drafted he will be done coaching.  Maybe I am wrong but there is nothing he has done that indicates he is actually building for the future.  I can’t think of a more self serving coach in the history of college football. 

You make a great point about CU being relevant again. Colorado should never be down the way they’ve been, for as long as they have been. 

They have a beautiful campus, a quality brand, okay academic rep, and they’re located in one of the better spots on the map. Colorado the state doesn’t have a ton of talent, but the greater Denver area produces some quality. Then, CU should be pulling plenty from Texas, California, Arizona, KC, STL, and the Pacific northwest. McCartney and then Neuheisel knew this and did this. It’s absurd that they turned most of those spigots off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

His crazy insistence that he's been mistreated is so bizarre. Even at 4 - 8, he demands media attention. They oblige. He then somehow resents them for it. A standard, pre season presser -- he has to imagine some conjured, insidious antagonist. If there isn't one, he'll manufacture two. 

A guy praised him for improving their offensive line but he had to act like he was being attacked because the word "bolster" was used. For whatever idiotic reason, he doesn't like that word. Then the entire room has to be subjected to his Mr. Miyagi-like spiritual wisdom and linguistic authority. I honestly can't understand how people like him or buy into his petty grievance tour. 

Edited by Chooky
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

He coached Jackson State 2000-2002 and has 1 year at CU. I think he'll take the free paycheck for one more year after his sons are gone. Going back to TV after a few down years is a great call.

I would say CU is currently "Trending" but their record doesn't really indicate relevant.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Deion - give me some attention.

Media - Ok

Also Deion - not that kind of attention

Yeah, it reminds me of a couple of specific people in the news the past couple of years, which I'm confident are popular in Boulder.

2 hours ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

Daddy ball taken to the extreme. We all know/knew those daddy ball guys in little league, youth football, even HS football. This is exactly the same. 

6 minutes ago, nnm said:

Daddy ball taken to the extreme. We all know/knew those daddy ball guys in little league, youth football, even HS football. This is exactly the same. 

I'm confident his "shopped his kids" during HS for a place that would take him in Jackson State. I'm confident the same thing with CU. Package deal for sure. 

Which has me curious if he's doing the same things with the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You make a great point about CU being relevant again. Colorado should never be down the way they’ve been, for as long as they have been. 

They have a beautiful campus, a quality brand, okay academic rep, and they’re located in one of the better spots on the map. Colorado the state doesn’t have a ton of talent, but the greater Denver area produces some quality. Then, CU should be pulling plenty from Texas, California, Arizona, KC, STL, and the Pacific northwest. McCartney and then Neuheisel knew this and did this. It’s absurd that they turned most of those spigots off. 

Agreed, but I think the emergence of Utah has probably lowered their ceiling a bit, at least until Whittingham retires. It offers a similar vibe (mountains, school, ball in the same conference) with a winner. I think they’ve probably siphoned off quite a few kids that would’ve found their way to Boulder…also, losing Prop 48 really hurt them, not to the levels of Nebraska, but it still had a decent impact. Ultimately, I think they’re going to have to “Louisiana” their NIL if they really want to turn this thing around because I don’t think playing it straight with their donor base will do it.

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

His crazy insistence that he's been mistreated is so bizarre. Even at 4 - 8, he demands media attention. They oblige. He then somehow resents them for it. A standard, pre season presser -- he has to imagine some conjured, insidious antagonist. If there isn't one, he'll manufacture two. 

A guy praised him for improving their offensive line but he had to act like he was being attacked because the word "bolster" was used. For whatever idiotic reason, he doesn't like that word. Then the entire room has to be subjected to his Mr. Miyagi-like spiritual wisdom and linguistic authority. I honestly can't understand how people like him or buy into his petty grievance tour. 

It's a fine line between being able to create an edge and motivate yourself and being a little bitch creating situations so that you can be mad at someone.

Edited by Pam Cummings

To be fair, he probably wasn’t sure what it meant at first.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Barnett scandal, Hawkins debacle, then the move to the PAC 12 (which very few of the alumni/fans wanted) was a wallop of a 1-2-3 punch. Then they spent a decade in the wilderness before the Deion hire. TBD if he can pull them out of it, but he’s at least temporarily raised the profile no matter what happens. 

1 hour ago, MrX said:

Barnett scandal, Hawkins debacle, then the move to the PAC 12 (which very few of the alumni/fans wanted) was a wallop of a 1-2-3 punch. Then they spent a decade in the wilderness before the Deion hire. TBD if he can pull them out of it, but he’s at least temporarily raised the profile no matter what happens. 

As I recall, the Barnett "scandal" was a 70-3 ass-whipping by the 2005 Horns.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Like did he show up on campus for the hell of it, or he's the DL coach?

Yes is the answer to both those questions. He kept hanging around so much he ran off the guy Deion hired from aggy and took over the job

21 hours ago, Chooky said:

also, bolster or beef up doesn't mean improved, the guy wasn't necessarily saying they were improved. That would be editorializing, which he just finished bitching to another reporter about doing. That was the point of his question, he was asking "they're bigger, does that make them better?" but Deion's 2nd grade vocabulary couldn't parse it so his smooth brain got reptilian angry instead.

21 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Deion - give me some attention.

Media - Ok

Also Deion - not that kind of attention

I'd love to see the entire press corps just stop showing up. He craves the attention, so just stop showing up. He can always rely on McAfee to suck him off every few weeks, but traditional post game pressers with no press would be funny. Have some respect for your profession, folks

Long Story but sounds like Warren Zevon.. A music idol of mine who was a total douche about giving an interview to friend of mine.  Seems like my buddy didn't PRAISE his latest release enough.  There was cursing, equipment throwing, and a simple fuck no he won't talk to you at the end.  Zevon was wearing those scrunchy toes Reebok aerobic shoes anyway.  Bout at  size 6..

• Hook 'Em 1