Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

If a coach has drawn more love for coaching a team to a 4-8 record I don't remember him/her

I don’t know, it’s fading. I started to love me some 21 when he came to the cowboys. Have ever since. Even last year, but his schtick is starting to get old. I was rooting hard for him after the tcu win (lol) the rest of the season.

If they go on a big losing streak, and they will likely, this thing is going to blow up.

Can someone talk me out of betting NDSU+10?  I'm having a hard time seeing cu convincingly beating a well coached tough team.  And no I cannot name a single player or coach for the bison.

I also want to. But cu is such a wildcard and I can see Deion and shedur chucking it late up 7 easily
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Can someone talk me out of betting NDSU+10?  I'm having a hard time seeing cu convincingly beating a well coached tough team.  And no I cannot name a single player or coach for the bison.

We don't know how well coached NDSU is; they have a new coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I'm kind of with you. I really have this thought that NDSU can beat Colorado. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

We don't know how well coached NDSU is; they have a new coach. 

New head coach was on staff for years with both Bohl and Klieman.

They have a new OC but both co-DC's have stayed.

I'm going with "well coached".

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SamsCorner said:

New head coach was on staff for years with both Bohl and Klieman.

They have a new OC but both co-DC's have stayed.

I'm going with "well coached".

Yeah, this staff appears to be both experienced and tenured at NDSU.

The HC has spent 10 years there in two stints. Other staffers have chosen to stay in Fargo for whatever reason.

I also lean toward NDSU being well coached but it's far from guaranteed. Y'all are understating the importance of a head coach and the difficulty of stepping into that role. History is littered with examples of programs being handed off then going to shit.

29 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Colorado will win by xx points and ESPN will predict the Buffaloes make the playoffs.

Fixed that. ESPN is going to be selling CU to the playoffs until they are given hard conclusive data why they shouldn't and then they'll turn on Coach Prime like the half-ass drama fueled hyena shit show they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

ESPN.com is really pumping tonight's game and Sanders.

I don't blame them. I would pimp Colorado and Sanders for as many clicks as possible before everything burns to the ground in Boulder over the course of another losing season. Beyond that, it should be a good game and Deion is must-see tv whether because folks love him or because they like watching slow motion train wrecks. 

10 minutes ago, MrX said:

NDSU’s former head coach up and leaving to go help coach Lincoln Riley’s defense may say something about NDSU’s roster this year. 

It might just say a lot about making a decision to leave for Los Angeles while staring down the barrel of another winter in Fargo, ND. Probably some of both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

NDSU’s former head coach up and leaving to go help coach Lincoln Riley’s defense may say something about NDSU’s roster this year. 

I’d say mostly he wasn’t well liked here in Fargo more than anything.

Nobody was running around saying “what’re we going to do next!?!” The new guy has coached here and knows the ropes

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It might just say a lot about making a decision to leave for Los Angeles while staring down the barrel of another winter in Fargo, ND. Probably some of both. 

I've been to ND more than once during winter in my illustrious career. Once I had to spend a week in Fargo where the temps never got above 0. Zero degrees.

Yeah, LA, even with the cost of living increase and a pay cut would be pretty damn temping.

Edit - As for the love of watching a slo-mo dumpster fire go full inferno... 

That's why I'm in this thread.

Edited by BurntEyes

20 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

ND State is coming in to the season ranked #2 in the FCS, so they are expected to be good. It is a good test for Colorado. If they have trouble protecting Sanders in the pocket, they are fucked for the season.

Sanders pretty much sucked last year against teams that had a decent or better defense. I'm sure the terrible OL played a big part in that. NDSU will be competent at a minimum on the defensive side of the ball. For a guy getting ongoing hype as an early 1st round pick, shouldn't everyone expect this dude to be worth a fuck tonight? If he goes for 400+ against these guys, I'll be impressed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I would pimp Colorado and Sanders for as many clicks as possible before everything burns to the ground in Boulder over the course of another losing season.

No worries, there will be many clicks to be had during and after the burning.

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sanders pretty much sucked last year against teams that had a decent or better defense. I'm sure the terrible OL played a big part in that. NDSU will be competent at a minimum on the defensive side of the ball. For a guy getting ongoing hype as an early 1st round pick, shouldn't everyone expect this dude to be worth a fuck tonight? If he goes for 400+ against these guys, I'll be impressed.

I watched Sanders in several games. Physically gifted, absolutely. 1st round pick? Against decent to good defenses I saw nothing to make me think he will be. 

I've been to ND more than once during winter in my illustrious career. Once I had to spend a week in Fargo where the temps never got above 0. Zero degrees.
Yeah, LA, even with the cost of living increase and a pay cut would be pretty damn temping.
Edit - As for the love of watching a slo-mo dumpster fire go full inferno... 
That's why I'm in this thread.

giphy.gif

Zero? Oh no…Hell of a lot more doable than 110 above.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

giphy.gif

Zero? Oh no…Hell of a lot more doable than 110 above.

I moved the fuck out of Texas too, dude. I'm like Goldilocks/Goldie Locks, Texas too hot, Chicago too cold, so I moved closer to the middle. 

Edited by BurntEyes

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

CU had one of the worst run defenses in the nation last year. If they can't stop the run then it won't matter what Shadeur does. 

The national commentary for Colorado this year has been on par with what Chewbacca was saying on here this summer. The discussion on talent goes like this:

"Colorado should have a vastly improved defense and OL."

When anyone asks "why" in that regard, the answer is either "because reasons" or they cite Deion's use of the transfer portal. The portal? They did the same shit this offseason that they did last offseason. Almost half the roster was turned over via the portal. Many of the guys coming in are from places like Idaho State or Florida A&M or Villanova. There are a bunch no-PT or garbage-PT castoffs and 3rd stringers from P4 schools as well. They're all apparently going to magically start fulfilling their potential under the mentoring wizardry of Prime Time. 

In recruiting, they added like 10 guys. It's kind of stunning how poorly they handled that side of it. 

With all of that considered, their new amazing OL is something like 1 guy returning from last year's shitty OL, one 2023 Jackson State transfer who didn't play last season, a true freshman, a dude from UTEP, and a guy from Indiana. They're allegedly using less of a TE in this season's offense so the decent TE transferred out and they're expected to mostly be running with 4 wides. That's the "improved" OL we're going to witness tonight. If any of that personnel has changed due to injury in the last few weeks, the other guys on the OL look less glamorous than starters from UTEP and Indiana. It should shock no one other than media blowhards and CU honks if we see Shadeur Sanders running for his life tonight.

As it pertains to this big defensive upgrade? It reads similar to the OL "upgrade". 7 of the 11 expected starters were ... wait for it ... part of CU's defense last year. That includes all of the shitty linebackers, a shitty safety and a backup edge. Now, they have Travis Hunter at one CB spot and we know he's good if he's able to stay healthy and absorb 120 snaps. The other CB might be a dude that played safety last year for Liberty so that should be no big deal, right? Right. Shilo Sanders is a decent safety, albeit apparently not a decent person. Two DL transfers were 2nd team or 3rd team All Conference somewhere, so they could be a bit better. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I assumed he'd clean up in recruiting just from the cult of personality.  I didn't even realize he was completely botching that.

It's because he's relying almost entirely on the transfer portal. He's had 95 guys transfer there in two years. 

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

I assumed he'd clean up in recruiting just from the cult of personality.  I didn't even realize he was completely botching that.

Sanders is a lazy and entitled narcissist. He didn't make one in-home visit and did very little travel to high schools. If you go there and kiss the ring, good on you. Otherwise, he'll just keep "winning" in the transfer portal.

For this next cycle, CU's class is currently ranked at #78 by On3. They have 7 commitments, one of whom is Quanell X Jr out of Houston, their highest rated player and a low 4 star WR overall. The class is ranked 16th out of 16 Big 12 schools, and is the lowest ranked P4 program, as well as being two spots below Oregon State, the lowest ranked Pac12 team.

With seniors leaving and netting negative in terms of total net adds from the portal (they're -3 net headcount through the portal this past cycle), the amount of recruits Colorado is adding isn't even above roster replacement.  

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The national commentary for Colorado this year has been on par with what Chewbacca was saying on here this summer. The discussion on talent goes like this:

"Colorado should have a vastly improved defense and OL."

When anyone asks "why" in that regard, the answer is either "because reasons" or they cite Deion's use of the transfer portal. The portal? They did the same shit this offseason that they did last offseason. Almost half the roster was turned over via the portal. Many of the guys coming in are from places like Idaho State or Florida A&M or Villanova. There are a bunch no-PT or garbage-PT castoffs and 3rd stringers from P4 schools as well. They're all apparently going to magically start fulfilling their potential under the mentoring wizardry of Prime Time. 

In recruiting, they added like 10 guys. It's kind of stunning how poorly they handled that side of it. 

With all of that considered, their new amazing OL is something like 1 guy returning from last year's shitty OL, one 2023 Jackson State transfer who didn't play last season, a true freshman, a dude from UTEP, and a guy from Indiana. They're allegedly using less of a TE in this season's offense so the decent TE transferred out and they're expected to mostly be running with 4 wides. That's the "improved" OL we're going to witness tonight. If any of that personnel has changed due to injury in the last few weeks, the other guys on the OL look less glamorous than starters from UTEP and Indiana. It should shock no one other than media blowhards and CU honks if we see Shadeur Sanders running for his life tonight.

As it pertains to this big defensive upgrade? It reads similar to the OL "upgrade". 7 of the 11 expected starters were ... wait for it ... part of CU's defense last year. That includes all of the shitty linebackers, a shitty safety and a backup edge. Now, they have Travis Hunter at one CB spot and we know he's good if he's able to stay healthy and absorb 120 snaps. The other CB might be a dude that played safety last year for Liberty so that should be no big deal, right? Right. Shilo Sanders is a decent safety, albeit apparently not a decent person. Two DL transfers were 2nd team or 3rd team All Conference somewhere, so they could be a bit better. 

I had to look this up just to see.  Yep, 12 high school recruits signed last class and 43 transfers brought in.  And they currently only have 7 commits in the 25' class.

Matthew Broderick GIF

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I had to look this up just to see.  Yep, 12 high school recruits signed last class and 43 transfers brought in.  And they currently only have 7 commits in the 25' class.

Matthew Broderick GIF

To be clear, 2 of the recruits never made it to campus and several of the transfers either didn't make it to campus or got there and almost immediately left. It's actually worse than what the various site rankings are reflecting for them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

26 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Something I didn't know is how lazy he is in terms of recruiting. I assumed going into this that he was going to be in mama's house turning on the charm, but it seems like he puts basically zero effort into recruiting HS kids. No in-homes. No traveling. (I might be wrong.)

If he actually made an effort in HS recruiting he almost certainly WOULD be cleaning up.

I moved the fuck out of Texas too, dude. I'm like Goldilocks/Goldie Locks, Texas too hot, Chicago too cold, so I moved closer to the middle. 

Once your body adjusts, 0 isn’t bad if there’s no wind. If you go from Texas to Fargo with no adjustment it’ll be a shock…but it can be freezing at 30 degrees in the fall but once your get that 30-40 degree stretch in March, it’s a heat wave after what you’ve been through

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sanders is a lazy and entitled narcissist. He didn't make one in-home visit and did very little travel to high schools. If you go there and kiss the ring, good on you. Otherwise, he'll just keep "winning" in the transfer portal.

For this next cycle, CU's class is currently ranked at #78 by On3. They have 7 commitments, one of whom is Quanell X Jr out of Houston, their highest rated player and a low 4 star WR overall. The class is ranked 16th out of 16 Big 12 schools, and is the lowest ranked P4 program, as well as being two spots below Oregon State, the lowest ranked Pac12 team.

With seniors leaving and netting negative in terms of total net adds from the portal (they're -3 net headcount through the portal this past cycle), the amount of recruits Colorado is adding isn't even above roster replacement.  

At this point, I think the clear indication is Sanders is leaving with Hunter and his sons. He has put zero effort into building that program long term.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If he actually made an effort in HS recruiting he almost certainly WOULD be cleaning up.

I don't agree with this, the more Deion talks, the more people become aware of his bullshit. His selling points would only work with a certain type of recruit, and those guys are notoriously  boom/bust. You think Deion is walking into any real good HS in Texas and getting a recruit? The HS coaches would laugh his ass out of the building, because they probably have a better understanding of footbal X/O's than he does.

On 8/26/2024 at 6:01 AM, Bevo&Pevo said:

Coach Whinetime has a game on Thursday this week.  Buffs are favored (today) over No Dakota State by 9.5.  This might be a fun game to see.  Bison might surprise 'em.

Careful, or Deion won't talk to you anymore. 

Media whore gets pissy when the media doesn't suck his dick. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

At this point, I think the clear indication is Sanders is leaving with Hunter and his sons. He has put zero effort into building that program long term.

He’d have to give back like 8 million if he leaves. Seems far fetched to me. 

6 minutes ago, MrX said:

He’d have to give back like 8 million if he leaves. Seems far fetched to me. 

I guess anything is on the table, but yeah he's not leaving for another job because no one wants him.  So the plan would be to just quit after year 2.  Would be awesome to see the entire country turn on him.

15 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I guess anything is on the table, but yeah he's not leaving for another job because no one wants him.  So the plan would be to just quit after year 2.  Would be awesome to see the entire country turn on him.

Pretty sure the contract says he owes 8 million if he leaves for any reason, including quitting.  I think all the penalties become negligible after Year 3 so he’ll probably leave then.