The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

13 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

In regards to the treatment of Trump, has every card already been played? If things don't improve, or he gets worse, what else is there to give him? I know we can all joke and say HCQ, but it seems like every gun has been fired in his defense, and this is it.

She's rested and waiting; someone just needs to call:

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

First I’m hearing about this, and it had better not be true. Who is in charge of giving pence power?  Who is in charge of determining if trump cannot fulfill duties?  Who is in charge of arresting them that try to illegally use the power of the presidency?

who would tell us if we are watching acting president pence on the campaign trail?

How would you (we) know? They've kind of had a shadow government already and have purged the WH of anyone not loyal to the cause.

1 hour ago, Continental Op said:

Yeah.. I'm on Team Who the Hell Knows?  

1 hour ago, ndawg said:

My guess is 1.5. He’s got moderate problems, and is bullying the doctors into throwing the kitchen sink at the problem to make it go away as soon as possible.

Outwardly, he’s a pathological liar. Inwardly, he is in pathological denial. The experts might have said (or he might have heard) that if he recovers in a few days, he’ll be one of the many who make it through okay, so his strategy is to put himself through aggressive treatment to make sure he makes that window.

These.  That's my best guess, because definitely Who the Hell Knows.  This admin is a rolling ball of deceit, so anything we surmise is either from leaks, objective evidence, or shadows cast on the cave wall.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Serious (maybe stupid) question - how much control does Trump have over his own treatment plan in this situation? 

We know he’s a hypochondriac and a pussy and reports have him very freaked out by the diagnosis. Could it be at his insistence that they pursue a “kitchen sink” approach that in normal circumstances a doc wouldn’t recommend with this level of symptom? 

Edited by UncleSonny
This maybe was discussed already, hard to keep with this thread.

7 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Amazing.  We truly are a dumb species!

“It is contagious, they said, but not as deadly as many make it out to be. “Yes, it’s highly contagious. So are the measles,” said Kaye Savage, 63, who lives in Georgia and flew to Washington for the rally. “But I’m a firm believer that if you get it, it’s not a death sentence.” She said media coverage of the virus has overlooked the high rate of survival for those who catch it.....  She knows three people who became seriously ill after catching the coronavirus, including a 75-year-old woman with underlying health conditions who died — so the president getting sick won’t influence her views any more than those personal experiences did. “It doesn’t change my opinion of the virus,” she said.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-supporters-covid/2020/10/03/e3445528-0590-11eb-b7ed-141dd88560ea_story.html

Yea, I think we can revoke the "higher" from higher primate.

This woman's opinion, is also fed by media coverage that has so focused on rate of illness and death rate without adequately covering the impact on those who recover.

If no science organization has quantified the fraction of the infected who are sick for weeks afterward and those who will likely have long term/lifetime problems, then they need to. If they have, fuck the media for thinking that added data will be an overload of information. 

Instead of repeating the same shit over and over again, maybe introduce new (news!) information. I'd like to know this information if we are forced to decide about forcing a reopening of the economy to avoid irreparably damaging the people's ability to earn a decent living.

Sadly, that decision has been fully politicized by the wicked, criminal GOP, so clear, calm debate is just about impossible. Opening the economy to make Trump look good as he lied about the virus is a profound, lethal corruption of discourse.

If he's sick and he drowns in his own fluids or asphixiates, tough shit, Donny.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Trump hid his first positive test, and asked others to do the same:

That should be sufficient to get him removed from office. Actually, not taking recommended precautions should be enough. President can’t purposefully put his health in jeopardy recklessly. But the current senate won’t do anything. Can the future senate, if need be?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Serious (maybe stupid) question - how much control does Trump have over his own treatment plan in this situation? 

We know he’s a hypochondriac and a pussy and reports have him very freaked out by the diagnosis. Could it be at his insistence that they pursue a “kitchen sink” approach that in normal circumstances a doc wouldn’t recommend with this level of symptom? 

Apparently not much if he thinks hcq is the answer and they’ve administered everything except hcq. It’s almost like they aren’t willing to give him the chance to claim he was right and hcq got him better. 

We will probably never know the truth.

We can infer that his case is/was fairly serious based on the time in hospital, retorted hypoxia, and treatments applied. But we're never getting the truth out of this administration. They'd legit try to cover up his death.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

We will probably never know the truth.

We can infer that his case is/was fairly serious based on the time in hospital, retorted hypoxia, and treatments applied. But we're never getting the truth out of this administration. They'd legit try to cover up his death.

We will know all the truths after Jan 20th 2021. We are going to need a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to cleanse our country of these crazy motherfucking fascists.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Apparently not much if he thinks hcq is the answer and they’ve administered everything except hcq. It’s almost like they aren’t willing to give him the chance to claim he was right and hcq got him better. 

What

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I think I see the play here.  They’re going to announce that he has died.  Then, 2 days later, they are going to announce that he has risen from the dead.

“It took Jesus 3 days to rise from the dead. Not bad. Not bad. But frankly, what has he done lately? Everyone is saying...he disappeared. No one knows what happened to him. I did it in 2 days. And I’m working. Bigly. I’m appointing a new Justice. That’s 3. All the best people. Jesus? No Justices. Complete loser.”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

What

If he’s in some control over his treatment, and he actually believes what he has said about hydroxychloroquine, he would have told his doctors to give him some. They haven’t, to our knowledge, so that tells me he’s not in charge of his treatment. 

as he shouldn’t be, but he’s president, and he’s Donald trump. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If he’s in some control over his treatment, and he actually believes what he has said about hydroxychloroquine, he would have told his doctors to give him some. They haven’t, to our knowledge, so that tells me he’s not in charge of his treatment. 

He knows HCQ was bullshit. He told his docs to do whatever it takes to clear it up as quickly as possible. Regardless of how serious his case is, “throw everything you have at it. I can’t go out like this.”

9 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

We will know all the truths after Jan 20th 2021. We are going to need a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to cleanse our country of these crazy motherfucking fascists.

Yeah.....not going to happen.  If they lose the election, the document burning parties are going to make Burning Man look like a single match strike.

And seeing him leaving the hospital now?   Seems our assessment of 1.5 above is about right.  Serious, but not TOO serious.  But I don't think he's out of the woods yet, from what we know about how this illness works.  But appearance is super important, so I am not surprised that they are getting him the hell out of the hospital.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

as he shouldn’t be, but he’s president, and he’s Donald trump. 

Everyone I know who has had covid and wanted to take HCZ has gotten a prescription.  I guess they might tell the president no but a) why would they and b) name one time he has taken no for an answer.

He knows it’s bullshit just like he knows the virus is not a joke. He rolled the dice that frequent testing and isolating everyone around him while he totally disregarded recommended safety protocols would keep him safe. It worked, until it didn’t. Now he’s at the mercy of the science that he shat on for 7 months

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Remdesivir is administered via IV infusion.  The only way most of us would have access to that type of treatment would be in a hospital. The WH has all the necessary equipment on site. That said, I don't think he is released tomorrow. 

But the stock market might stay up long enough for the .1% to sell their stock and short others. 

If he survives, he'll claim it was a concoction involving Kodak emulsion so they can all make a little more money on that, too.

https://nyti.ms/34lwuvP

the pics from the indoor reception for Barrett‘s nomination announcement are practically criminal. The secret service should be called out to explain why so many people are with the president without wearing masks. I get they can’t tell trump or Melanie to wear a mask but no one else should be near the president without one. They wouldn’t allow anyone with guns to be that close to the president. 

We owe Jennifer Jacobs of Bloomberg News a pretty big pat on the back it seems. I think I read she's the one who broke the story? This would have never played out the way it did had they been able to pull it off, not to mention perhaps intentionally getting certain officials sick. Yes, I think they would justify that one quite easily.

Still at the 1.5; not going to budge.

• Hook 'Em 2

I can't fucking tell.  So he does the video, visits soldiers at Walter Reed, goes on the motorcade carousel, then right back to the hospital suite?  Seriously? 
that's what just happened?  

And Jesus did not take 3 days.  He died midday Friday and came back Sunday midday.  That's two days.  48 hours.  

Edited by Lobo

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He back in his hospital suite. What the fuck is he doing??? Sucks for those in the same suburban as him

Are you surprised he’s being dipshit with no god damn regard for anything but himself and his precious feelings?