Tell me about Florida

George Clooney

On 8/30/2024 at 9:44 AM, closetojumping said:

Hey man, you’re a regular here and a good poster, but come on with “UTx”. It’s either Texas or UT on this board. Outside of clowns around Knoxville, everyone in the world knows who UT is referencing and you’re on our board to boot. Texas is just fine though as well and preferred. 

Look. I was told to stop using OUT and I did. :P

Edited by gatormarc

On 8/30/2024 at 8:21 PM, pantone159 said:
On 2/16/2024 at 7:48 PM, locodos said:

Also make sure he stops by Lake Alice.  There are real gators on campus.

Can confirm. I have only visited once, and met this guy, who hissed at me, at Lake Alice.

gator_0004.JPG

My fondest Lake Alice memory was seeing a family walk their kids over one of the small bridges and the kids got excited because they saw a little turtle in the water, and then they got to hear the crack when a gator appeared out of nowhere and the turtle was no more.

Well, that and the bat house. So many bats. I still love to watch them at dusk in my backyard but it's only usually one or two at a time. I need to build a bat house.

4 hours ago, gatormarc said:

My fondest Lake Alice memory was seeing a family walk their kids over one of the small bridges and the kids got excited because they saw a little turtle in the water, and then they got to hear the crack when a gator appeared out of nowhere and the turtle was no more.

My favorite Lake Alice fact, as a crocodilophile, is that if you search for news stories about people trying to have a picnic at Lake Alice, and then an alligator crawls out of the lake to steal their lunch, you have to keep track of the dates on the stories since this happens repeatedly and otherwise the different stories will run together.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pantone159 said:

My favorite Lake Alice fact, as a crocodilophile, is that if you search for news stories about people trying to have a picnic at Lake Alice, and then an alligator crawls out of the lake to steal their lunch, you have to keep track of the dates on the stories since this happens repeatedly and otherwise the different stories will run together.

As a freshman my biology teacher offered extra credit for a group outing.  Each member would be given a broom to chase/whack the alligators sunning themselves around Lake Alice.  The goal was to dissociate humans with easy meals in the minds of the gators.  I did not attend.