Snoring / Sleep Apnea / CPAP

PW119

• 4 weeks later...

My wife complains about my snoring a lot. I also don’t feel well rested when I wake up. Did a home sleep study and it was low - 8 events/hour I think. ENT said my anatomy looks fine. I could stand to lose 15 pounds but I’m not fat - currently about 190 at 5’9”.

I’m going to talk to my dentist about a mouthpiece. I grind the fuck out of my teeth so they’re always trying to sell me one anyway. Any other options to try? Really don’t feel like I need to go full CPAP. 

Fwiw I was 5 events per hour on my sleep test, so barely enough to warrant the device. But I knew I snored and would wake myself up often. And could tell I rarely got deep sleep. I tried a 3rd party mouthpiece for a couple of years and it sucked ass. Cpap is so much better.

There’s an app I use called Snore Lab to record my snoring. It can be pretty eye opening. I was willing to do whatever it took so my woman didn’t have to deal with that. Cpap completely eliminated it and I feel much much better in the mornings.

• Like 1