Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

How exactly is a hospital supposed to determine citizenship?  They ask for ID, but surely ID is not a requirement for treatment.  "Hello, Governor Abbott?  We have a gentleman here named Juan that we're treating for an apparent stroke . . . no, it seems minor . . . anyway, he's probably illegal, so can you put his name in the database?"

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

gotdamn he is a monstrous asshole. i really cannot adequately express how relieved i am he is no longer the leader of my state. fucking ghoul.

Got to be anger at ending up an impotent old man whose political party has passed him by. He will never hold office outside of Texas and he knows it. 

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He will never hold office outside of Texas and he knows it. 

Gosh, I can only imagine how sad he must be, peaking at MULTI-TERM GOVERNOR OF THE SECOND LARGEST STATE IN THE COUNTRY.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Gosh, I can only imagine how sad he must be, peaking at MULTI-TERM GOVERNOR OF THE SECOND LARGEST STATE IN THE COUNTRY.

He thinks he’s far more worthy of a higher office. The moron thought Trump gave a shit about him.

On 8/8/2024 at 10:02 PM, Paper_jam said:

How does this order have legal effect unless it's actually passed as a bill into law? What authority does Abbott have to just demand hospitals, especially private ones, do stuff like this? Or does Abbott know it's not actually legal, and just not care, because it makes his base happy?

Abbott orders hospitals send state info on undocumented migrants

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/abbott-orders-hospitals-send-state-info-on-undocumented-migrants-they-treat/

What a ghoul. He wants immigrants to suffer by hoping (his desire not mine) that they stay away from seeking healthcare.

I notice that he never asks to quantify the financial benefit that Texans realize from undocumented workers including lower costs and tax revenue.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/9/2024 at 4:56 PM, atomheartbevo said:

He thinks he’s far more worthy of a higher office. The moron thought Trump gave a shit about him.

Trump doesn't like people in wheelchairs to be placed around him and photographed. You know, people don't like to see that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/9/2024 at 1:09 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Unfortunately, unless something changes, he's Governor for Life. At what point will people finally get tired of his being a horrible human being?

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Fucking dirtbags.

Teachers knowing their place is to stay in the classroom, saying nothing outside the classroom and earning below average salaries = Good

Teachers publicly advocating for students and teachers = Bad

• Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What a ghoul. He wants immigrants to suffer by hoping (his desire not mine) that they stay away from seeking healthcare.

I notice that he never asks to quantify the financial benefit that Texans realize from undocumented workers including lower costs and tax revenue.

He'll never actually go after any companies or even individual Texans who hire illegal immigrants.  Never.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

He'll never actually go after any companies or even individual Texans who hire illegal immigrants.  Never.

But he looks to be working towards going after hospitals who treat illegal immigrants. It's only a matter of time.

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

But he looks to be working towards going after hospitals who treat illegal immigrants. It's only a matter of time.

He's had a hard-on for hospital...well, let me rephrase that because he hasn't had one since the 80s (which is a theory I have about why he's so angry at so many people all the time), anyways, he and Dannie Goeb and Kenny Wayne have been after hospitals for a while over the abortion and trans-gender issues.  This could be just another facet.

Or maybe some donor has it in his head that hospitals are treating illegal immigrants for free, or maybe even some hospital BMDs chipped a few bucks his way to scare off illegal immigrants for some reason.

I don't think Greg Abbott has had an original thought in his head for years - everything seems to be driven by donors.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's had a hard-on for hospital...well, let me rephrase that because he hasn't had one since the 80s (which is a theory I have about why he's so angry at so many people all the time), anyways, he and Dannie Goeb and Kenny Wayne have been after hospitals for a while over the abortion and trans-gender issues.  This could be just another facet.

Or maybe some donor has it in his head that hospitals are treating illegal immigrants for free, or maybe even some hospital BMDs chipped a few bucks his way to scare off illegal immigrants for some reason.

I don't think Greg Abbott has had an original thought in his head for years - everything seems to be driven by donors.  

Abbott is a career politician, he’s never had an original thought outside of being re-elected 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/9/2024 at 4:56 PM, atomheartbevo said:

And the guy who has been managing him towards a presidential run, this whole time, is a guy named Dave Carney, whose face a Leopard would never eat, right?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

WTF is going on here?

Abbott celebrating somebody else potentially ending up in a wheel chair?

It's crazy how batshit Greg Abbott has turned out to be. I don't recall him being this much of an asshole when he was on the Texas Supreme Court and was AG.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

WTF is going on here?

Well for one thing the suspect put his hands up but the cop went ahead and pancaked him anyway. 

This is the way.

It could have been worse.

Edited by DDD Dad