The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

DIsregarding the overnight poo-flinging festival, let's see if we can shine a light on some of the implications that seemingly follow yesterday's actions by Mueller:

POTUS indictment:  not likely.  It's possible there is an existing sealed indictment, but that seems far-fetched.  It seems equally far-fetched that Mueller would kick an indictment of POTUS down to SDNY, etc.  He certainly wouldn't do so for anything related to the election and Russia.  The two most likely conclusions:  investigators found no good link between Trump and Russia's election interference, or such evidence exists but Mueller acted on DOJ policy which says a sitting President should not be indicted.  I don't think we have enough information to make a call between these two options.

Junior, Eric, Ivanka, Kushner indictments:  none forthcoming by Mueller.  Sealed indictments are certainly possible.  Handoff of cases unrelated to the election over to SDNY, etc. is also possible, and in fact likely (financial crime, etc.).

My gut tells me Mueller uncovered plenty of criminal activity committed by (at least) Trump, Junior, and Kushner, perhaps none directly related to the election, and that Trump himself escaped indictment because of DOJ policy.  I don't believe Junior or Kushner will be so lucky.  "No further indictments" could mean simply none by Mueller, or it could mean none by any prosecutor.  Would he speak for others?  I don't know.  Could sealed indictments of the kids or Kushner exist?  I think that's quite possible.  We'll just have to wait and see.

One other thing:  Mueller isn't done.  The investigation should be considered complete, at least to the extent that a report has been written.  However, Barr made it clear that Mueller will be assisting on further DOJ actions related to the investigation, which presumably involves adding color and providing advice on whatever next steps might take place.

We do live in interesting times.  Some say that's meant to be a curse . . . personally, I like the action.  

There you go again. Indictments in other jurisdictions are “likely”. You have dick for evidence that this is going to happen but your gut tells you that it’s likely so you’re telling all of us that it’s likely. 

Also, Hugo is weirdly quiet. Two years of dozens of posts per day on the subject, double posting on the top of a new page because he wants to make sure his posts from the previous page are seen, posting probably 50% of the content on this thread and now, at the absolute climax of what his life has been for the last 2 years, he is oddly quiet. He was here at all hours posting his speculation and within hours of the report of no further indictments he is gone. Gone. GONE. I’m shocked. 

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 1

I don't care if Trump shits on an American flag and then uses it to jack off with.  In 2019 he is nowhere near as dangerous to the future of the U.S. than the Democrat Party is.  That party is literally insane today and the shadowy insiders that run it are among the most corrupt and power hungry people on the planet.  The Republican Party wants to win elections and defeat Democrats that run against them.  The Democrat Party wants to win elections and eliminate, not only the Republican Party, but any other political party that dares to oppose it.  They want complete control over every iota of government in this country and will stop at nothing to get it.  The fucking idiots in that party have gone so far  batshit cuckoo they are actually now to the left of the Green Party.  Jill Fucking Stein makes more sense than any of the 54, 729 thimblefucks that are running for president in that party do.  You can argue Trump is a clown.  You can argue that Trump is a narcissist.  You can argue that Trump is a blowhard.  You can argue that Trump is to politics what Elvis impersonators are to music.   You can argue that Trump is to the Oval Office what Clint Howard is to the Academy Awards.  You could be correct on all of this and he would still be a better choice for president today than any of the bearded ladies, wolf boys, sword swallowers, or sleazy tilt-a-whirl operators that make up the sideshow freak political carnival that is the current Democrat Party.

Every accusation is a confession seems to hold true here
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ptown said:

But not the Saint Mary Bob Mueller? Please. He hired an army of Hillary supporting assassins, got jack shit, dragged it out for 2 years, and now you know, but denial is a safe place. Please see Jimmy Dore for future reference.

Negged for lying. He didn't hire an army of Hillary supporters. Neg enjoyed because you regurgitate Donald's spin. 

I don't neg for irony deafness, but the denial line in your post may make me reconsider.

Nice to see all the amateur operatives flying out of their caves like shit-eating bats to interpret a document that has not been published and to claim an Aggie moral victory because the winning team took a knee at their goal line to end the game.

It's like the good old days for you. In this eye of the hurricane, you can say there is no storm and only idiots believe there is one.

The shit-eating (blind) bats return to San Don Crapistano. Enjoy the reunion. It will be better after you decide if you're reaching right or left when you're seated in the circle.

• Like 4

There you go again. Indictments in other jurisdictions are “likely”. You have dick for evidence that this is going to happen but your gut tells you that it’s likely so you’re telling all of us that it’s likely. 
Also, Hugo is weirdly quiet. Two years of dozens of posts per day on the subject, double posting on the top of a new page because he wants to make sure his posts from the previous page are seen, posting probably 50% of the content on this thread and now, at the absolute climax of what his life has been for the last 2 years, he is oddly quiet. He was here at all hours posting his speculation and within hours of the report of no further indictments he is gone. Gone. GONE. I’m shocked. 

He last posted like an hour ago after an all night battle with TJ, etc. Some of y’all need to cool the obsession with Hugo, I’ve seen it in other boards too

9 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I don't care if Trump shits on an American flag and then uses it to jack off with.  In 2019 he is nowhere near as dangerous to the future of the U.S. than the Democrat Party is. 

This is everything that is wrong with the right condensed down to two sentences.

9 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

That party is literally insane today and the shadowy insiders that run it are among the most corrupt and power hungry people on the planet. 

And this might be the best example of irony ever posted on the internet.  If it were self-aware or satirical, it would qualify as clever.  As it is, it's just sad that there are so many brainwashed Fox News parrots running around saying stupid shit like this.  It's really embarrassing for all of us.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Well, that was eight long years of not getting over two elections for the snowflakes on the right.

Hell, the right wing nut jobs still aren't over two terms of Bill Clinton.

I'll go on record and say that Clinton has been the second best president in my lifetime (only behind Reagan and this covers everyone after LBJ).  Trump gets an incomplete until after he is out of office.  This does not mean Clinton has been the second best man to be president in my lifetime.  On the whole as a person he is rather despicable in this regard he is easily beaten by Ford, Carter, both Bushes, Reagan, and Obama.  But I am grading how well he handled the job of being President.  That is not the same thing as grading how well he has handled the job of being a decent person in his life.  It's not hard to find examples of people in any walk of life who were exceptional at their jobs but shit stains at being good people overall.  President of the United States is no exception to that.  There is also no shortage of really good overall people who are absolute putzes at their job.  President of the United States is no exception to that either.

3 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

It's almost as if you haven't seen the vast amount of evidence, not to mention indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions involving close connections to Trump that have been paraded by us over the last two years.  Really good nose for crime you got there, Ace.  LOL.  Thanks for your contributions.

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

He last posted like an hour ago after an all night battle with TJ, etc. Some of y’all need to cool the obsession with Hugo, I’ve seen it in other boards too

I’d argue that people like him need to be mocked mercilessly until they hide in their mothers closet. Which shouldn’t be hard for him since he lives at home and has no job. That goes for both the right and left. The never trumpers and the dotards. Rampant speculation, weaponizarion of the government and media, and repeating something so many times that you believe it’s true are the biggest problem in politics today. It happens on both sides and it is killing the country. He shouldn’t be let off the hook. He should be shamed until he is afraid to show his face. In an era where we need more people politically engaged he is the opposite of the people we want engaged in our political system. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have tried very hard to make it clear that there was almost zero chance of Donald J., Trump being indicted by Mueller, regardless of the amount or kind of evidence against him.  Thus, you can take nothing from the fact that this investigation has concluded without action against the President.

His family members are a different story, but they don't necessarily have to be indicted by the SCO because the conflict of interest between Trump and the DOJ isn't as strong as when the President and other executive officials are in the crosshairs.

That said, this report could well contain devastating information about the President. Or not.

I give you substantial credit for not only correctly anticipating the initial outcome, but also recognizing that there is a lot yet to unfold.

However, no one anticipated the sequence of events that include a 24hr gap between the announcement of "no new indictments" from the SCO proper and actual pending release of the report.  The interval is creating a roller coaster effect.  Not sure how much that was expected by SCO/AG.

My main takeaway *this morning* is that Mueller and Barr were not in conflict over any aspect of the report.  We're about to find out, but i think this is a much bigger revelation of the stance Barr will maintain going forward. 

I suggested it within the last day or so - that Rod Rosenstein staying on as DAG for an indefinite amount of time, described this week as acting as "a Heat Shield", was more about absorbing heat directed at Barr more so than Mueller.  I think this would be a big deal, and given that Mueller is suddenly done it IS about Rosenstein supporting Barr, which an an ominous sign for the WH.

Edited by triplehorn

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's almost as if you haven't seen the vast amount of evidence, not to mention indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions involving close connections to Trump that have been paraded by us over the last two years.  Really good nose for crime you got there, Ace.  LOL.  Thanks for your contributions.

Reading comprehension? He said it’s likely that more indictments are coming at different jurisdictions for crimes not related to Russia probe. I said that he has no evidence that there are indictments coming. Which is true. There hasn’t been one leak or credible source come forward and say “SDNY is going to indict JK (or junior) for bank fraud (or any other crime)”. I didn’t say they didn’t commit crimes or there isn’t other investigations I said that jimmy is speculating and then telling us “it’s very likely”. Just like we heard “it’s very likely that trump is a Russian asset installed by Putin himself” for 2 years. 

The amount of blind spin around here that is blindly accepted and twisted to fit any individual poster’s world view is insanity. 

2 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Reading comprehension? He said it’s likely that more indictments are coming at different jurisdictions for crimes not related to Russia probe. I said that he has no evidence that there are indictments coming. Which is true. There hasn’t been one leak or credible source come forward and say “SDNY is going to indict JK (or junior) for bank fraud (or any other crime)”. I didn’t say they didn’t commit crimes or there isn’t other investigations I said that jimmy is speculating and then telling us “it’s very likely”. Just like we heard “it’s very likely that trump is a Russian asset installed by Putin himself” for 2 years. 

The amount of blind spin around here that is blindly accepted and twisted to fit any individual poster’s world view is insanity. 

To be fair, it's still very likely that Trump is a Russian asset installed by Putin himself. Well, maybe "very likely" is too strong but the fact that there's any possibility of that should be absolutely terrifying to every single one of us. 

6 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Can we make anything of Barr likely briefing Congress on the principle conclusions the day after he got the final report? I guess there's urgency no matter what is in it. 

I hope Barr does the right thing and lays all of the cards out ASAP. Whether the report is damning or not doesn’t matter so much as eliminating the ability of the repubs and dems weaponization of the subject matter. Repubs are saying hoax and dems are pointing to a couple of facets (like manafort going down for crimes 15 years ago) and they’re using it to further divide the country. Barr should use all of his authority to kill any narrative that is born out of opinion or politicalization.

i hope he draws up a great summary and can clearly articulate it to the people. We do not want schiff or nunes delivering a narrative. Barr has a unique opportunity to kill politics right now and I hope he uses it. 

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

To be fair, it's still very likely that Trump is a Russian asset installed by Putin himself. Well, maybe "very likely" is too strong but the fact that there's any possibility of that should be absolutely terrifying to every single one of us. 

How is that fair? 

3 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

ConsciousCloseBumblebee-small.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Jhawk said:

I hope Barr does the right thing and lays all of the cards out ASAP. Whether the report is damning or not doesn’t matter so much as eliminating the ability of the repubs and dems weaponization of the subject matter. Repubs are saying hoax and dems are pointing to a couple of facets (like manafort going down for crimes 15 years ago) and they’re using it to further divide the country. Barr should use all of his authority to kill any narrative that is born out of opinion.

i hope he draws up a great summary and can clearly articulate it to the people. We do not want schiff or nunes delivering a narrative. 

Manafort also went down for crimes last year and two years ago.  And admitted guilt to all the Ukraine stuff from 2013-2014.  You may want to refresh your talking points on that one.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jhawk said:

I hope Barr does the right thing and lays all of the cards out ASAP. Whether the report is damning or not doesn’t matter so much as eliminating the ability of the repubs and dems weaponization of the subject matter. Repubs are saying hoax and dems are pointing to a couple of facets (like manafort going down for crimes 15 years ago) and they’re using it to further divide the country. Barr should use all of his authority to kill any narrative that is born out of opinion.

i hope he draws up a great summary and can clearly articulate it to the people. We do not want schiff or nunes delivering a narrative. 

Agree. I don't see the weaponization and spin as being equal on both sides. Most democrats I see are out there emphasizing the fact of the number of contacts and that everyone seems to be lying about them. I don't see them spinning the Manafort convictions into something they're not. I don't watch cable news though. 

6 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

About as likely as a five hundred foot tall armadillo emerging out of Big Bend National Park, going on a rampage across western Texas and eating the entire city of El Paso.

17 minutes ago, Homercles said:

He posts on other boards in addition to his output here?  That’s incredible. Almost machine like. 

Just now, EMAWesome said:

About as likely as a five hundred foot tall armadillo emerging out of Big Bend National Park, going on a rampage across western Texas and eating the entire city of El Paso.

Does the FBI launch counterintelligence investigations against five hundred foot tall armadillos?

5 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I hope Barr does the right thing and lays all of the cards out ASAP. Whether the report is damning or not doesn’t matter so much as eliminating the ability of the repubs and dems weaponization of the subject matter. Repubs are saying hoax and dems are pointing to a couple of facets (like manafort going down for crimes 15 years ago) and they’re using it to further divide the country. Barr should use all of his authority to kill any narrative that is born out of opinion or politicalization.

i hope he draws up a great summary and can clearly articulate it to the people. We do not want schiff or nunes delivering a narrative. Barr has a unique opportunity to kill politics right now and I hope he uses it. 

ROFLMAO.   jhawk whining about weaponizing the subject, while spouting off utter bullshit propoganda about Manafort. 

• Haha 1

Even if Trump didn't act to work with Russia, doesn't mean Russia didn't work to help Trump. 

Giuliani says look to wiki. Well, look at the first line. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election with the goal of harming the campaign of Hillary Clinton, boosting the candidacy of Donald Trump, and increasing political discord in the United States.

Just now, Yuk said:

Does the FBI launch counterintelligence investigations against five hundred foot tall armadillos?

The very founding of the FBI was based on collecting dirt on political enemies. Shit, the thing that should scare the shit out of everyone here is the simple fact that the absolute heart of the investigation (carter page) who was the original FISA concern and was monitored for 2 years before the SC was appointed didn’t get sniffed for an indictment. 

1 minute ago, Jhawk said:

Shit, the thing that should scare the shit out of everyone here is the simple fact that the absolute heart of the investigation (carter page) who was the original FISA concern and was monitored for 2 years before the SC was appointed didn’t get sniffed for an indictment. 

Nothing to see here. 

8 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

It's quite possible the White House could block the release of portions of the report based on "executive privilege" justifications. Any push back from them on its release would logically indicate that the report isn't good for them. So, we may only get Barr's summary report instead of Mueller's full report. 

52 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

I still haven't seen any definitive confirmation there are no sealed indictments. 

This was posted this morning and says they don't know. All that's really definitive is the report has been delivered and Mueller is finished SC. 

The report was given out by the media as soon as it was released. Had there been anything in it, it would have been released Thursday AM around 9 AM, or better yet, Monday AM at 9 AM.

The fact that it was released when it was. supports that there is not anything in it.

Edited by Dolemite

24 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

The very founding of the FBI was based on collecting dirt on political enemies. Shit, the thing that should scare the shit out of everyone here is the simple fact that the absolute heart of the investigation (carter page) who was the original FISA concern and was monitored for 2 years before the SC was appointed didn’t get sniffed for an indictment. 

What else would an investment banker in Moscow be doing? Talking to Russian politicians was a sure sign of nefarious activity. 

58 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Naw, he just ran out of Percocet. He’ll be back as soon as Walgreens opens.

5 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

The report was given out by the media as soon as it was released. Had there been anything in it, it would have been released Thursday AM around 9 AM, or better yet, Monday AM at 9 AM.

The fact that it was released when it was. supports that there is not anything in it.

I think internally at the DOJ, major implications of the Mueller report were known and got back to Trump a week ago.  Did anyone forget Trump's conduct and state of mind less than week ago ?

VVV

There are ongoing investigations at SDNY, EDVA, NYAG, DC.  No one not named Trump is in the clear.  Mueller report very well could contain everything needed to substantiate criminality, but charges are being deferred and handed over to Congress.  We don't know.