The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

GR, Chrispy and the other mouth breathing MAGA rubes celebrating last night. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4052136

tenor.gif?itemid=9547613

Pretty appropriate, but I think you've gotten it wrong.  The Democrats have been the ones hitting themselves in the nuts since November '16 and getting pushed around.

As far as the biker .gif, Hillary is the racer in yellow with the early celebration.

Edited by ulukinatme

1 minute ago, ulukinatme said:

Pretty appropriate, but I think you've gotten it wrong.  The Democrats have been the ones hitting themselves in the nuts since November '16 and getting pushed around.

As far as the biker .gif, Hillary is the racer in yellow with the early celebration.

The Democrats control the House of Representatives. That's not getting pushed around. That's taking power away from the opposition.

Just now, David Dennison said:

You might want to wait and read the report before coming to that conclusion.

You know "Traitor" actually has a legal definition right? Therefore if the reporting is to be believed than legally Mueller has concluded he can not prosecute Trump as a traitor.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

The Democrats control the House of Representatives. That's not getting pushed around. That's taking power away from the opposition.

Sure, but they lost further power in the Senate, so ultimately it's a bit of a wash.  Still need both sides to pass major legislation.

Just now, maninblack said:

You know "Traitor" actually has a legal definition right? Therefore if the reporting is to be believed than legally Mueller has concluded he can not prosecute Trump as a traitor.

You're thinking of treason, which is defined in the Constitution.

I was talking about waiting and reading the report to find out why Mueller decided not to bring more charges. What it says might not vindicate those who were not charged. In fact, there is a real possibility that it lays out evidence of widespread misconduct.

We'll have to read the report to find that out. 

• Like 1

Again legally Mueller has already announced he's not going after Trump or anyone else for treason if the reporting is accurate. 

Now you can read the report and say on a message board that Trump is a traitor all day but Mueller decided there wasn't enough to do anything in real terms.

Just now, maninblack said:

Again legally Mueller has already announced he's not going after Trump or anyone else for treason if the reporting is accurate. 

Now you can read the report and say on a message board that Trump is a traitor all day but Mueller decided there wasn't enough to do anything in real terms.

He can't. We aren't at war. That's a necessary element of treason.

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Holy shit are you just DETERMINED to not see other possible explanations?

Once again, it is ENTIRELY possible Mueller has video footage of Trump blowing Putin while Putin rolls surveillance footage of Trump in Hillary's basement hacking into her server and WeTransfer-ing every file to Russia, and yet the decision was made to not break with DOJ policy which says a sitting President shall not be indicted.

Is it likely?  Well, no.  Trump's an idiot and could never get past the login page (username = Hillary, password = LockHerUp).

53 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Only Trump supporters that are actually dumber than him are celebrating.   That’s truly the bottom of the barrel right there.  

Your giving them the benefit of the doubt concerning their sincerity. I think many of these people are the same amateur operatives who, over the years, never scrupled at repeating a lie that they knew was lie if it helped their team.

Some of these people are trying to shape the narrative because they can't not believe that their war on the libs/Dems is anything less than good versus evil.

It's sorta like what the Aggies did with a simple football rivalry except that these people are actually damaging their country and making themselves puppets of a foreign enemy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So we're in agreement that treason is off the table and Russia is not an enemy of

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Once again, it is ENTIRELY possible Mueller has video footage of Trump blowing Putin while Putin rolls surveillance footage of Trump in Hillary's basement hacking into her server and WeTransfer-ing every file to Russia, and yet the decision was made to not break with DOJ policy which says a sitting President shall not be indicted.

Is it likely?  Well, no.  Trump's an idiot and could never get past the login page (username = Hillary, password = LockHerUp).

This started in response to Subliminal and Jimmy who were throwing around "Traitor" which actually has a definition legally. I was just pointing out that's not coming down the pipe.

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

Hypothetical....What would need to be in the Mueller report for you to NOT believe Trump colluded with Russia?

Nothing. I think it's obvious that he did. He and the Trump Organization were negotiating with Russians throughout the campaign and he lied about it the whole time. He's still lying about it.

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

This started in response to Subliminal and Jimmy who were throwing around "Traitor" which actually has a definition legally. I was just pointing out that's not coming down the pipe.

While I am nearly 100% certain you are correct, it's probably wise to acknowledge that nothing is truly off the table.  If we understand Barr's letter, it seemingly says that Mueller has declined further indictments, which could reasonably be assumed to imply "at this time".

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Nothing. I think it's obvious that he did. He and the Trump Organization were negotiating with Russians throughout the campaign and he lied about it the whole time. He's still lying about it.

Correct.  The Trump campaign absolutely colluded with foreign interests.  Whether those actions constitute criminal conspiracy is another question.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And that has taken power away from the Republican Party and Donald Trump. 

Ok, call me when they do something with that power.  Right now they have a Ferrari in the garage, but they won't be able to take it for a spin till 2020 at least.  Neither side is going to get anything really pushed through with Congress split, so we're just going to see Trump follow the Obama template and execute more EOs.

7 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Hypothetical....What would need to be in the Mueller report for you to NOT believe Trump colluded with Russia?

A signed confession that Mueller and his team are actually in the Clinton pocket rather than mostly Republicans and that they tortured or otherwise coerced Trump associates to confess to and cooperate in the investigations of crimes that were never committed.

The confession should include recognition that the Trump Tower Meeting was merely about adoption. It should include an apology to all the Russians that have been indicted. It should clearly state which "facts" of the case were also manufactured in order to discredit and remove Donald Trump from office.

The confession should end with:

I, Robert Mueller, confess that all of this is the nothingberder that the brilliant apologists for Trump have been saying it was for nearly two years.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, maninblack said:

So we're in agreement that treason is off the table and Russia is not an enemy of

Yes, I think we all know that. Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, ulukinatme said:

Ok, call me when they do something with that power.  Right now they have a Ferrari in the garage, but they won't be able to take it for a spin till 2020 at least.  Neither side is going to get anything really pushed through with Congress split, so we're just going to see Trump follow the Obama template and execute more EOs.

Turn off fox. You do realize that the House has more power than just passing legislation right? Which the democrats have been doing. Never heard of oversight investigations? Again, should have paid attention in government class. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'd be so proud if I had escaped a treason charge on a technicality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Turn off fox. You do realize that the House has more power than just passing legislation right? Which the democrats have been doing. Never heard of oversight investigations? Again, should have paid attention in government class. 

You guys sure like your investigations.  Keep on investigating, it's working well for ya.

It was 20+ years ago, but got an A in Civics.  I know that a limp dicked House can impeach a President, but they're not getting him out of office without the Senate, so enjoy all that power to do nothing.  

40 minutes ago, maninblack said:

He could/might still drop hints that Trump was a 'foreign agent' or other mushy accusation for the purpose of damaging Trump.  Even the hyper-political news outlets usually reminded us "DOJ policy is that a sitting President cannot be indicted."  

A signed confession that Mueller and his team are actually in the Clinton pocket rather than mostly Republicans and that they tortured or otherwise coerced Trump associates to confess to and cooperate in the investigations of crimes that were never committed.
The confession should include recognition that the Trump Tower Meeting was merely about adoption. It should include an apology to all the Russians that have been indicted. It should clearly state which "facts" of the case were also manufactured in order to discredit and remove Donald Trump from office.
The confession should end with:
I, Robert Mueller, confess that all of this is the nothingberder that the brilliant apologists for Trump have been saying it was for nearly two years.

If this happened the lib narrative would be trump threatened mueller and is still obstructing!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

My guess is that he's mostly in the clear and they've convinced him to hold back to draw the Dems offsides. 

He’s not capable of that type of restraint, nor could anyone convince him to do anything he doesn’t want to do. If he thought he was in the clear, he would undoubtedly being going apeshit on Twitter.

• Like 1

Also don’t forget the Trump Tower Moscow deal he was secretly working while running for President and lied about repeatedly.  Also the $50M penthouse he pitched to Putin.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/11/30/trump-putin-penthouse-moscow

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Okay, so a sitting president can not be indicted, which means Trump can not be indicted.  It does not mean that Trump Jr., or Kushner can not be indicted and it would be next to impossible for Trump to have done something illegal without those two being in on it as well.  So if there are no indictments forthcoming for those two the likelihood of Trump having been found to have done something illegal is very remote.