The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Yeah she’s super hot.

But I get that men and women factor different things into fuckability.

There isn’t anyone hot enough to override Twitter crazy and stone cold stupid and abhorrent politics.

Plus, I could never follow where Papadorkoulos has been. The kind of shit that’s wrong with him could be contagious.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah she’s super hot.

There isn’t anyone hot enough to override Twitter crazy and stone cold stupid and abhorrent politics.

Plus, I could never follow where Papadorkoulos has been. The kind of shit that’s wrong with him could be contagious.

Agreed.  Eventually she'd start talking and the dumb would be so heavy that'd it have a smell.

Edited by Chooky

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah she’s super hot.

So you're saying you would.   Just not after Papadork?  Nice.

2 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

None of that matters. I’d be shocked if Twitter hasn’t been served and compelled to preserve several individuals’ Tweets. Nothing is ever deleted.

Your last sentence is inaccurate.  Absent a preservation order, their policy is:

"NOTE: Once an account has been deactivated, there is a very brief period in which we may be able to access account information, including Tweets. More information about deactivated accounts is available here. Content removed by account holders (e.g., Tweets) is generally not available.:

13 minutes ago, texastough said:

*who* called it an act of war? A Russian defendant or is the Russian government a party to the litigation?

Russia Declares ‘Absolute Immunity’ in DNC’s Election Interference Lawsuit

Vladimir Putin’s government on Friday filed its first formal response to the Democrats’ election interference lawsuit, asserting “sovereign immunity” from any action in U.S. courts. “The Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation has the honor to convey the enclosed Statement of Immunity by the Russian Federation as to the allegations … by the Democratic National Committee,” reads a letter received by U.S. District Judge John Koeltl, who’s overseeing the DNC’s lawsuit in New York.

The letter is signed by Mikhail Vinogradov, the Russian ministry’s director of international law and cooperation, and includes a 12-page legal analysis arguing that international convention and the U.S. Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act bar the courts from getting involved in diplomatic and political matters, including computer intrusions by another government’s military. “Indeed, the United States benefits significantly from the sovereign immunity that it enjoys (and U.S. officials enjoy) in foreign courts around the world with respect to the United States’ frequent acts of cyber intrusion and political interference,” reads the filing.  

[...]

In its filing, Russia says that any “alleged ‘military attack,’” even online, is immune from the courts. “Significantly, neither the Executive nor the U.S. Congress has taken any steps to involve the Judicial Branch in their response” to the election interference, the filing claims, evidently overlooking Robert Mueller’s July indictment against 12 GRU officers who allegedly carried out the attacks.

To clarify, they are calling it a "military attack", not act of "war."  Under the circumstances, that's some thin ice.  Sec Def Mattis has specifically spoken about cyber as being one of the domains considered to represent active warfare.

Edited by triplehorn

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So when Rupert Murdoch visited McConnell in his office, with him was (apparently) Robert Thompson - News Corp CEO.  

That was on the 8th. Same day FNC twitter went silent. 

Conspiracy theories are fun when you get juicy material to work with. 

that's a pretty big coincidence. there's got to be something to it. got to be.

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So when Rupert Murdoch visited McConnell in his office, with him was (apparently) Robert Thompson - News Corp CEO.  

That was on the 8th. Same day FNC twitter went silent. 

Conspiracy theories are fun when you get juicy material to work with. 

Isn't Thompson's wife the daughter of a Chinese General?

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lmao, so the Russian government is hiding behind the justification that their actions were acts of war, but we still have trump claiming that nothing happened?

Rather incongruous ideas. 

You kind of have to read what they said.  They did not, in any way, admit to any hacking.  They are trying a legal argument that the court has no jurisdiction because what they are accusing Russia of doing is protected.  It is an interesting legal strategy but they did not admit to anything.

I do not know anyone that believes that Russia did not meddle in the elections.  The argument is whether they coordinated with Trump et al (I do not think they did) and, to a lesser degree, how much their actions actually influenced anything (i do not think enough to make an appreciable difference).

• Like 2

Just now, sheeeit said:

You kind of have to read what they said.  They did not, in any way, admit to any hacking.  They are trying a legal argument that the court has no jurisdiction because what they are accusing Russia of doing is protected.  It is an interesting legal strategy but they did not admit to anything.

I do not know anyone that believes that Russia did not meddle in the elections.  The argument is whether they coordinated with Trump et al (I do not think they did) and, to a lesser degree, how much their actions actually influenced anything (i do not think enough to make an appreciable difference).

They absolutely coordinated with Don Jr.

8 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

If #1 is true, it doesn't matter if #2 is true or not.

20 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

This is correct. It isn't an admission. It is "even if it were true, there is no liability." This is very common in legal work, assuming an opposing position is true simply for the purpose of showing it is moot.  

20 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Good post. Tons of briefs, especially in motions to dismiss, start with the proposition of "if what they are saying is true, then . . ."  Too many people on this thread miss the "if."  There are times when you're writing those and the lawyer has barely talked to the defendant and has no idea *if* the allegations are true.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Your last sentence is inaccurate.  Absent a preservation order, their policy is:

"NOTE: Once an account has been deactivated, there is a very brief period in which we may be able to access account information, including Tweets. More information about deactivated accounts is available here. Content removed by account holders (e.g., Tweets) is generally not available.:

Read the first part of his post: he is assuming (rightfully in my opinion) that a preservation request has already been served to Twitter. 

I don’t know if it’s more suited for the GOP twitter thread or this, but in thinking about Murdoch and Thompson quietly meeting with McConnell the same day FNC’s twitter feeds went dead.....if you’re protesting theTucker thing, if people don’t actually know what or why you are protesting, the protest is completely useless.  

You post a tweet saying that you are stopping all FNC tweets in protest of Tucker’s info being on twitter, and that people should only go to FoxNews.com.

By going completely cold, people have no idea what the hell is going on (making you look incompetent), and you lose some traffic.  

Helluva coincidence FNC goes cold on twitter the same day as that meeting. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

48 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

I don't know anyone who doesn't believe that something happened to poor Dr. Ford. The argument is whether the perpetrator was Judge Kavanaugh. Despite the fact that he consistently lied about everything to the committee, and that Dr. Ford insisted on being as truthful in every detail as she could, I have to conclude that it is a Dem conspiracy to smear poor Judge Kavanaugh.

• Haha 1

Now this is interesting:  from the article above 

The defendant and his accomplices are accused of tricking advertisers into making payments for fake online traffic to their websites and ads, which was generated by software that they created to resemble real users browsing the internet.

They are accused by US authorities of having maintained a computer network with servers in Dallas, Texas.

According to the arrest warrant issued by the US District Court for the eastern district of New York, the crimes were committed between September 2014 and December 2016.

5 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

The timing does seem like more than a coincidence, but what do they gain or what is their goal by going dark?  Were they previously tweeting self incriminating content?

Perhaps they closed their accounts in hopes that Twitter would delete them per their policy quoted above. I'm just guessing. I'm neither a lawyer nor a social media expert.

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't know anyone who doesn't believe that something happened to poor Dr. Ford. The argument is whether the perpetrator was Judge Kavanaugh. Despite the fact that he consistently lied about everything to the committee, and that Dr. Ford insisted on being as truthful in every detail as she could, I have to conclude that it is a Dem conspiracy to smear poor Judge Kavanaugh.

ok...?    

Special Counsel's office:  Yes, by all means, take your time and allow Mr. Corsi to livestream comments about possible indictments to the world.  And we're also perfectly willing to provide you even more time to interview with NBC News about these matters.

Mr. Corsi's lawyer:  Wait a minute.  This seems strange all of the sudden.  Maybe we should play this a different way.