The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

22 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The most remarkable thing to me in the Mueller investigation is how Jared Kushner has managed to fly under the radar throughout all this.  Kushner is in the middle of almost everyone of these tentacles. 

Digital operation with Cambridge Analytica 

treason meeting in Trump tower 

secret Kremlin backchannel 

dirty Russian money 

Kushner Kushner Kushner

That damage control PR firm he hired a year ago must have been money well spent.

He's the only one that is not a complete moron.

14 minutes ago, Yuk said:

Russia doesn't even bother imprisoning "political prisoners".  The prisoners are usually kind enough to defenestrate themselves.

I was all ready to go to the that's a mighty fancy word for 'jumping' out a window until I looked up the definition and found out one of its meanings is being thrown out of a window.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Now that she's talking, her life expectancy once back on Russian soil would be measured in days.

Normally I would agree with you but Russian media has worked pretty hard to make her something of a hero/sympathetic figure among their domestic audiences.  

Moreover, Butina doesn’t strike me as a master spy that would have a ton of useful information regarding Kremlin spy craft.  

Her plea deal would likely be to turn on American confederates as opposed to other Russians. 

I still think she ends up back in Russia once it’s all said and done. 

Back in Russia, pushing for more gun rights for Russians.  

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Normally I would agree with you but Russian media has worked pretty hard to make her something of a hero/sympathetic figure among their domestic audiences.  

Moreover, Butina doesn’t strike me as a master spy that would have a ton of useful information regarding Kremlin spy craft.  

Her plea deal would likely be to turn on American confederates as opposed to other Russians. 

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

CNN had a headline earlier that said they very much expected it

Seems like Mueller likes drops shit in bunches.  No one saw Papadopolus coming but his paperwork dropped the same day as Manafort/Gates.  

I think they’re holding off on Stone until they get Assange wrapped up or exhausted. 

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Seems like Mueller likes drops shit in bunches.  No one saw Papadopolus coming but his paperwork dropped the same day as Manafort/Gates.  

I think they’re holding off on Stone until they get Assange wrapped up or exhausted. 

well my stone indicted by 12/31 position on predictit is in the shitter, so mueller better hurry the fuck up. 

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comrade Snowball has turned against us. Not like Russia rewrites history at a whim 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know a lot about Maria Butina and that’s probably because she was a very shitty spy. 

She wasn’t a spy.  She was a monkey wrench.  Her purpose is to sow chaos, to cause controversy and undermine institutions, to drive the partisan wedge deeper.  

That’s my theory anyway.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

She wasn’t a spy.  She was a monkey wrench.  Her purpose is to sow chaos, to cause controversy and undermine institutions, to drive the partisan wedge deeper.  

That’s my theory anyway.

Correct, she was an overt active measure as opposed to a covert operative clandestinely pretending to be an American for the Russian Federation like Anna Chapman and the other spies in operation ghost stories.

chapman2.jpg?w968

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s my theory anyway.

She's not a spy in the traditionsl sense where she's undercover in a clandestine espionage operation. But she's still an agent of the Russian intelligence services employed in an influence campaign funded and directed by the state. She should be treated like any other foreign spy. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Correct, she was an overt active measure as opposed to a covert operative clandestinely pretending to be an American for the Russian Federation like Anna Chapman and the other spies in operation ghost stories.

chapman2.jpg?w968

That chick could have had me singing the Soviet national anthem. Butina, not so much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

chapman2.jpg?w968

Oh damn, come on Uncle Sam let me pound her pooper a few times before we execute her. You can leave the cuffs on. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They are trying to get Q strengthened.  Figuring if enough people join in the Qtard revolution, then martial law will have to be invoked, which will wash Mueller and everything he has done down the drain.  That is why you are seeing and hearing deep state and Q shit more often. 

17 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Why do I have a feeling that if she honestly offers up all she knows, that this could be the development that winds up destroying the GOP?

I'd guess the biggest direct impacts would be on the NRA, the Center for National Interest, George O'Neil, Sheriff Clark, and former Congressman Rohrabacher.  And, of course, she might testify to the officialness of the Russian effort, as it pertains to her. 

But I doubt she knows much beyond her particular sphere of actions.  I'm guessing of each of the individual efforts were fairly compartmentalized, only connecting on the Russia end, and sometimes on the Trump end. She might know about some of the contacts between Trump and/or Jr (or other Republicans) and the Russians through the NRA, but it's unlikely she directly witnessed them.  

I think the Cohen testimony may be more impactful on the GOP.  Something that keeps getting ignored: he was the deputy finance chair for the GOP.  He was in charge of fundraising and it's obvious he had zero ethical obstacles.  If the GOP was soliciting illegal donations, he was involved. 

• Like 3

it's hard to write a response when Trump wont tell the truth or admit any wrongdoing. i cant imagine representing him. any response will be completely and wholely unrelated to the mueller report. it will be a fan fiction that is all about how Trump is the unicorn that shits rainbows that we have all been looking for and the only detail will be conspiracy nut theories about how Mueller and crew are conflicted and should be disqualified. i think it will read a lot like the corsi filing where he filed a criminal complaint against mueller. the land of fiction and conspiracy is where this president and his team live.

Edited by Longhorn94

2 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

it's hard to write a response when Trump wont tell the truth or admit any wrongdoing. i cant imagine representing him. any response will be completely and wholely unrelated to the mueller report. it will be a fan fiction that is all about how Trump is the unicorn that shits rainbows that we have all been looking for and the only detail will be conspiracy nut theories about how Mueller and crew are conflicted and should be disqualified. i think it will read a lot like the corsi filing where he filed a criminal complaint against mueller. the land of fiction conspiracy is where this president and his team live.

Anytime there is a leak, it's always a fun game to guess why it leaked.  Sometime it's just some idiot who got too drunk at the bar or is fucking a young reporter, but frequently it's planned to control spin.  The leak about there being no response seems to be too wide spread to be a single idiot.  My guess is that it is damage control, not for Trump, but for much of the support staff who are looking beyond Trump and how they will be viewed.  They know the response will look idiotic, and they want to make it clear it's not indicative of their work, but rather of an overall Trump dysfunction.  With Kelly on his way out, I'm guessing much of it is coming from his camp.    

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Man he is in a twitter rampage this morning.  That comment earlier about a twitter spree being the response is spot-on.

oh, and. 

Those "87 pages" are various scattered pages of random notes scribbled by junior staff trying to translate his rambling tantrums.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Those "87 pages" are various scattered pages of random notes scribbled by junior staff trying to translate his rambling tantrums.

Those 87 pages are just as imaginary as Weissman's prosecutorial misconduct in going after people at Enron.  

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That he tore up and staffers had to tape back together:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

Solomon Lartey spent the first five months of the Trump administration working in the Old Executive Office Building, standing over a desk with scraps of paper spread out in front of him.

Lartey, who earned an annual salary of $65,969 as a records management analyst, was a career government official with close to 30 years under his belt. But he had never seen anything like this in any previous administration he had worked for. He had never had to tape the president’s papers back together again.

Armed with rolls of clear Scotch tape, Lartey and his colleagues would sift through large piles of shredded paper and put them back together, he said, “like a jigsaw puzzle.” Sometimes the papers would just be split down the middle, but other times they would be torn into pieces so small they looked like confetti.

It was a painstaking process that was the result of a clash between legal requirements to preserve White House records and President Donald Trump’s odd and enduring habit of ripping up papers when he’s done with them — what some people described as his unofficial “filing system.”

But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.

Staffers had the fragments of paper collected from the Oval Office as well as the private residence and send it over to records management across the street from the White House for Lartey and his colleagues to reassemble.

“We got Scotch tape, the clear kind,” Lartey recalled in an interview. “You found pieces and taped them back together and then you gave it back to the supervisor.” The restored papers would then be sent to the National Archives to be properly filed away.

Lartey said the papers he received included newspaper clips on which Trump had scribbled notes, or circled words; invitations; and letters from constituents or lawmakers on the Hill, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

“I had a letter from Schumer — he tore it up,” he said. “It was the craziest thing ever. He ripped papers into tiny pieces.”

• Like 1