The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, conVINCEd said:

My ignore list, like Leon, is getting larger.

Why would you do that? No need to engage with people that might disagree with you?

How . may I ask do you resolve issues with your fellow man? Say for instance at work. Do you just tell people at work , I have you on ignore?

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Why would you do that? No need to engage with people that might disagree with you?

How . may I ask do you resolve issues with your fellow man? Say for instance at work. Do you just tell people at work , I have you on ignore?

Since we seem to disagree, you can always answer my question upthread concerning what a great waste of tax payer dollars the Mueller investigation is. 

Or you can continue to randomly show up after the SCO tweet, like a shark to chum, and defend Glorious Leader at the first possibility that he’s not Dumb Fat Nixon. 

Edited by Stilicho

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

If they are independent of the DOJ then could that happen? I know the DOJ has oversight of the office, but can the acting AG order them around if they are independent?

I don't know. No one else is making my suggestion so maybe not. That statement was probably edited and worked on by no less than 5 lawyers including Mueller himself. It was carefully crafted to leave open the possibility that the main point of the story is true. Anyway, we'll know Feb 7. 

My thought is that the Buzzfeed article eliminated the SOC’s ability to control the narrative. Hell, in ONE DAY Dems went from “we need to wait for the report” to “we’re ready to pursue impeachment.”

Mueller can’t have that - The entire means of presentation and progressive indictments in this investigation is expertly orchestrated. There’s a plan here, man... and it’s certainly not for fucking BuzzFeed to make the case and force the Dem’s hand in advance of the real evidence coming out.

I get that the statement upsets many and only encourages the Dotards to the detriment of the argument, but no one will give a shit in a couple weeks when the gauntlet is laid down. Moreover, there’s no way that Mueller could let events spiral in advance of his plan.

He’s the fucking key master and the judiciary are the gate keepers. Let’s let them sort their business before determining how this will play out.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

My thought is that the Buzzfeed article eliminated the SOC’s ability to control the narrative. Hell, in ONE DAY Dems went from “we need to wait for the report” to “we’re ready to pursue impeachment.”

Mueller can’t have that - The entire means of presentation and progressive indictments in this investigation is expertly orchestrated. There’s a plan here, man... and it’s certainly not for fucking BuzzFeed to make the case and force the Dem’s hand in advance of the real evidence coming out.

I get that the statement upsets many and only encourages the Dotards to the detriment of the argument, but no one will give a shit in a couple weeks when the gauntlet is laid down. Moreover, there’s no way that Mueller could let events spiral in advance of his plan.

He’s the fucking key master and the judiciary are the gate keepers. Let’s let them sort their business before determining how this will play out.

While I agree with all of this, I’m not sure who made Mueller god.  We’ve been watching an overt traitor stack the courts for years now.

We had an election and the American people made it pretty clear they’ve had enough of this bullshit.  Trump has hurt the United States beyond repair and the government has been shut down for a month.  If Mueller wants to avoid a catastrophe, he needs to get his shit together because people are fed the fuck up. 

• Like 1

While I agree with all of this, I’m not sure who made Mueller god.  We’ve been watching an overt traitor stack the courts for years now.
We had an election and the American people made it pretty clear they’ve had enough of this bullshit.  Trump has hurt the United States beyond repair and the government has been shut down for a month.  If Mueller wants to avoid a catastrophe, he needs to get his shit together because people are fed the fuck up. 

True, but if you come for the king...

Some of this isn’t even predicated on Mueller, but court schedules and legal maneuvering. We’ve got a date now, so when Mueller shoots, let’s just hope that he doesn’t miss.

This needs to be a prolific kill shot from a guy used to bringing down entire organizations. Taking out Dotus isn’t enough... there must be a way to reveal the naked corruption of the GOP and the NRA in a manner that removes their ability to influence American politics.

Basically, a whole lotta traitors gotta go to jail, and that doesn’t happen unless the case is made as cleanly as possible on a timetable that the OSC controls. Because we’re in uncharted waters, it’s impossible to know what to expect, but if Muller blundered about, I assume he’d eventually run headlong into the USS Corruption helmed by Mitch himself, sinking the investigation for good.

As a country we’re certainly at a roil, but we still have some time before this completely boils over... by my math, that’s about 3 weeks. What happens between now and then is anyone’s guess, but my suspicion is that the evidence will continue to slowly trickle out before Mueller drops a few bombshells in the court room that connect the tangled web of corruption and conspiracy.

For America to survive he simply cannot miss.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Interesting stuff.  who Knows what to believe. 

not really, this strike 2 against buzzfed in a "major" story about trump, but whatever keep clinging to any potentially damaging story about trump, especially ones from the soyboy news

5 hours ago, horncyclist said:
5 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:
But they said the statement came from the SCO, which is Mueller and team, not the DOJ.

Yes but why couldn't Whitaker have demanded they issue a statement? And then Mueller begrudgingly issues the narrow statement he did?

If Whitaker had demanded it, I think it would have leaked that he demanded it.  Or the statement would have mentioned “at the request of the AG/DOJ, we are releasing this statement.”

The statement feels like a message to Congressional Dems. They were starting to whip it out and get the lotion ready.  

19 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

True, but if you come for the king...

Some of this isn’t even predicated on Mueller, but court schedules and legal maneuvering. We’ve got a date now, so when Mueller shoots, let’s just hope that he doesn’t miss.

This needs to be a prolific kill shot from a guy used to bringing down entire organizations. Taking out Dotus isn’t enough... there must be a way to reveal the naked corruption of the GOP and the NRA in a manner that removes their ability to influence American politics.

Basically, a whole lotta traitors gotta go to jail, and that doesn’t happen unless the case is made as cleanly as possible on a timetable that the OSC controls. Because we’re in uncharted waters, it’s impossible to know what to expect, but if Muller blundered about, I assume he’d eventually run headlong into the USS Corruption helmed by Mitch himself, sinking the investigation for good.

As a country we’re certainly at a roil, but we still have some time before this completely boils over... by my math, that’s about 3 weeks. What happens between now and then is anyone’s guess, but my suspicion is that the evidence will continue to slowly trickle out before Mueller drops a few bombshells in the court room that connect the tangled web of corruption and conspiracy.

For America to survive he simply cannot miss.

If we’re counting on Mueller to save America, we’ve already lost.   

Buzzfeed published the Dossier over two years ago and it was nearly universally dismissed at the time.  

Like that bombshell, I predict the recent revelation will prove out to be largely true but by the time it is, no one will notice or care and the consequences will be of little satisfaction.

Bottom line: Congress needs to do their job, journalists needs to do their job, and Mueller needs to do his job.  

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If we’re counting on Mueller to save America, we’ve already lost.   

Buzzfeed published the Dossier over two years ago and it was nearly universally dismissed at the time.  

Like that bombshell, I predict the recent revelation will prove out to be largely true but by the time it is, no one will notice or care and the consequences will be of little satisfaction.

Bottom line: Congress needs to do their job, journalists needs to do their job, and Mueller needs to do his job.  

News organizations need to not run with a bombshell story without really doing some due diligence.  Buzzfeed could have contacted the SCO and asked them to corroborate their information, the SCO could have told them that is not accurate and the public wouldn’t have been taken on this roller coaster ride of speculation that ultimately makes Trump look less criminal and gives conservatives a bastion of defense.  I mean look at them coming out of the woodwork here all of the sudden.

This news “bombshell” was the first time the SCO had to go on the defense.  That is no accident.  Bottom line, we need evidence and testimony of Trump’s criminal activities not the Buzzfeed’s of the world running with suspect information from sources who choose to remain anonymous.  The latter is going to get the public behind Trump, lessen the impact of the real facts and ultimately short circuit the examination of Russian influence and active measures.

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

News organizations need to not run with a bombshell story without really doing some due diligence.  Buzzfeed could have contacted the SCO and asked them to corroborate their information, the SCO could have told them that is not accurate and the public wouldn’t have been taken on this roller coaster ride of speculation that ultimately makes Trump look less criminal and gives conservatives a bastion of defense.  I mean look at them coming out of the woodwork here all of the sudden.

What if the SCO is lying/misleading? Does a secretive group of feds get to control the flow of information about what's going on in our nation?

This news “bombshell” was the first time the SCO had to go on the defense.

Why did they need to go on defense? Who were they defending?

(*psssst* - They were defending Donald Trump.)

This news “bombshell” was the first time the SCO had to go on the defense.  That is no accident.  Bottom line, we need evidence and testimony of Trump’s criminal activities not the Buzzfeed’s of the world running with suspect information from sources who choose to remain anonymous.  The latter is going to get the public behind Trump, lessen the impact of the real facts and ultimately short circuit the examination of Russian influence and active measures.
They did contact the SCO prepublication and the SCO declined to comment. Another thing making the way this unfolded odd.

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:
7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Read more  

They did contact the SCO prepublication and the SCO declined to comment. Another thing making the way this unfolded odd.

Didn’t know that.

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

You assume way too much.  How do we know BF didn’t do their jobs properly? 

If Mueller is going to call out journalists, he needs to be very specific about what they got wrong.  Otherwise, he’s no better than “fake news!” donnie.  We’re counting on Mueller setting the record straight, not make it more confusing.  His statement was irresponsible and only helped himself and Trump as far as public perception goes.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Let Mueller do his thing and stop acting like he has to give you the full story or he’s no better than Trump.  

My problem isn’t really with Mueller, it’s with a Congress that expects Mueller to do their job for them.

Nevertheless, Mueller can do his job without putting out vaguely worded statements calling out journalists.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What if the SCO is lying/misleading? Does a secretive group of feds get to control the flow of information about what's going on in our nation?

Why did they need to go on defense? Who were they defending?

(*psssst* - They were defending Donald Trump.)

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You assume way too much.  How do we know BF didn’t do their jobs properly? 

If Mueller is going to call out journalists, he needs to be very specific about what they got wrong.  Otherwise, he’s no better than “fake news!” donnie.  We’re counting on Mueller setting the record straight, not make it more confusing.  His statement was irresponsible and only helped himself and Trump as far as public perception goes.

You guys are closing in on Q-teritory in these posts.  Mueller is all the sudden an enemy of truth and justice when he refutes a news story run with no evidenciary support that alleges the president directed someone to lie to congress under oath?  The logical conclusion at that point is that the news article is 100% accurate and Mueller is a fuckup if not a member of the conspiracy?

Trump can be a criminal deserving of removal from office without every detail of the Buzzfeed article being true, but if everyone thinks Mueller’s report is going to corroborate the Buzzfeed article and it does not do so fully, then that undermines the case against Trump when real evidence and testimony is presented.

”Wait a minute, I thought there were going to be all these documents and text messages showing Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress?  That’s not here.  How mediocre.”

I couldn’t hate Trump more and believe he is a criminal, but we are talking about removing a President from office and overturning an election.  There absolutely needs to be a very high bar of evidence for that to happen.  That bar will dictate this is a slow process. Your desire to know all there is to know in twitter-time and the media’s zeal to give you anything to capitalize on that is weakening the case against Trump with the general public and makes it more likely he never has to face the music.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

On another note, why isn’t Cohen testifying before Congress yesterday?  What the fuck is with this slow roll bullshit? Don’t be surprised when Cohen pulls out at the last minute.

I’m coming to your side in that impeach now conversation.  Real cards need to be laid on the table before we have more unnecessary bullshit happen like it has the past couple days.

Edited by Goredho

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

You guys are closing in on Q-teritory in these posts.  Mueller is all the sudden an enemy of truth and justice when he refutes a news story run with no evidenciary support that alleges the president directed someone to lie to congress under oath?  The logical conclusion at that point is that the news article is 100% accurate and Mueller is a fuckup if not a member of the conspiracy?

Trump can be a criminal deserving of removal from office without every detail of the Buzzfeed article being true, but if everyone thinks Mueller’s report is going to corroborate the Buzzfeed article and it does not do so fully, then that undermines the case against Trump when real evidence and testimony is presented.

”Wait a minute, I thought there were going to be all these documents and text messages showing Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress?  That’s not here.  How mediocre.”

I couldn’t hate Trump more and believe he is a criminal, but we are talking about removing a President from office and overturning an election.  There absolutely needs to be a very high bar of evidence for that to happen.  That bar will dictate this is a slow process. Your desire to know all there is to know in twitter-time and the media’s zeal to give you anything to capitalize on that is weakening the case against Trump with the general public and makes it more likely he never has to face the music.

Fuck outta here with your logic. 

15 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I have no reason to believe Mueller’s statement was false or even misleading.  

I have an issue with the fact that other parts of the media constantly puts out blatant falsehoods and lies about the Mueller investigation intended to whip people into a frenzy.

You don’t see Mueller coming out and setting the record straight with them, as he rightfully shouldn’t. 

However, when Buzzfeed has some details that conflict with what Mueller has, he takes it upon himself to blast that shit down.

Do you see how that works?  It gives more validity to the bullshit coming from the other side in the media because Mueller isn’t disputing it. 

I think Mueller should keep his head down and do his job like he was doing, he’s awesome.

I think journalists should work hard to get the facts and seek the truth.

Both parties should do a better job of staying in their lane.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

The problem is that Mueller can’t control the Dems. There’s blood in the water and yesterday’s news was likely to push a runaway train from the station if he didn’t pull the fuel from the fire. I don’t think he had a good choice...

1) Say nothing and watch as his entire investigation is undercut by Dems and media driven into a frenzy.

2) Dispute specific parts of the Buzzfeed article and give red hats ammo to attack the investigation and the press.

What would you choose?

not really, this strike 2 against buzzfed in a "major" story about trump, but whatever keep clinging to any potentially damaging story about trump, especially ones from the soyboy news

Oh....wait....so we’re counting strikes against credibility now? That’s FABULOUS. You seem to think we should disregard someone with 2 strikes. Hmmmm...I wonder what we should do with someone who has 6,000 strikes? Gosh, I wonder. Surely your standards for honesty are evenly applied, right?
You trump fellaters crack me up.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have no reason to believe Mueller’s statement was false or even misleading.  

I have an issue with the fact that other parts of the media constantly puts out blatant falsehoods and lies about the Mueller investigation intended to whip people into a frenzy.

You don’t see Mueller coming out and setting the record straight with them, as he rightfully shouldn’t. 

However, when Buzzfeed has some details that conflict with what Mueller has, he takes it upon himself to blast that shit down.

Do you see how that works?  It gives more validity to the bullshit coming from the other side in the media because Mueller isn’t disputing it. 

I think Mueller should keep his head down and do his job like he was doing, he’s awesome.

I think journalists should work hard to get the facts and seek the truth.

Both parties should do a better job of staying in their lane.

There's a growing consensus here that the difference between SCO commenting publicly now and not before has to do with House members' response to the BF article.  In fact, look at Trump's tweet this morning:

That is weak sauce.  Couldn't even go after House members by name.  If you're in the camp that the authors got played to benefit Trump, even Trump must feel like this ended in a dud.  Barely one 24hr news cycle that won't survive the weekend.  Less than a day later it's over, House members unscathed .

Another factor influencing SCO commenting on the BF article now, while ignoring so much over the past 20 months, could be that they are on their final approach focusing on maintaining calm, minimizing chaos.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If he doesn't deliver the goods, and deliver an indictment on Jr. at a minimum, heads will be exploding. 

See this is the problem.  Expectations are being placed on Mueller externally.  Let the guy do his thing.  Let's talk about the job he did after he is done. 

The information in the public domain is already damming enough for this administration if any R with a spine objectively viewed them.  But like brisket says, they are pot committed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deech said:

Let's talk about the job he did after he is done. 

Don't disagree.  But let's get this thing wrapped up and move into the next phase.  If POTUS is an agent of a foreign nation, Mueller should have some urgency to get his report submitted. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh....wait....so we’re counting strikes against credibility now? That’s FABULOUS. You seem to think we should disregard someone with 2 strikes. Hmmmm...I wonder what we should do with someone who has 6,000 strikes? Gosh, I wonder. Surely your standards for honesty are evenly applied, right?
You trump fellaters crack me up.

I know orangeman bad cnn said so, he took all the gays rights away, rounded up and deported all the brown people and turned america into a fascist country run by white supremacist and whatever other left wing fear mongering rumour de jour rachel madow can concoct 

40 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lulz.  You're a fucking idiot.

Still waiting on the peepee tape from buzzfeed

tu242r6eeab21.jpg

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Don't disagree.  But let's get this thing wrapped up and move into the next phase.  If POTUS is an agent of a foreign nation, Mueller should have some urgency to get his report submitted. 

By historical standards, he's flying with a non-combustion engine.  Second, this is a lot bigger than Trump.  Trump is already fingered in a felony conspiracy, in plain sight (Cohen guilty plea).  Why hasn't Trump gone down at the hands of Congress?  That's the bigger than Trump part.  That's coming too.

• Like 1

lol smax with the deflection all the way to goosestepping. yes, he hasn't goosestepped yet. 

sigh. sucks to play a game where in the end we all loose. doesn't give you many cards to play.

happy saturday friends. stay warm with the use of heaters, blankets, womens, but not radiation

tenor.gif?itemid=12916006

• Like 1

No. Get it right. The only thing worse than having an enemy in the White House and environs is failing to remove those agents on your ONE shot to do so. Understood and that we’ve already lost, and been damaged incredibly. We can’t stop that. The fight now is for survival.
  • Like 3

Still waiting on the peepee tape from buzzfeed

tu242r6eeab21.jpg

Are we counting lies or not, flip-flop? Don’t duck the issue. Try something new for you - man up and discuss the topic you raised. Do lies/misstatements count? You just counted them against buzzfeed. I wonder....do you have the logical and moral fiber to be consistent?
Or are you cut from the same gutless pissant fiber as your god? Make the call.
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No. Get it right. The only thing worse than having an enemy in the White House and environs is failing to remove those agents on your ONE shot to do so. Understood and that we’ve already lost, and been damaged incredibly. We can’t stop that. The fight now is for survival.

You are right.  They only have one shot at Trump.  And if it centers around collusion or being an agent of Russia it will need to be a clean kill shot.  Mueller has at his disposal the full capabilities of the US IC, and likely the ICs of a few other allies. We know that he is a fan of parallel construction.  Perhaps that is what is taking more time.  As it is, if there is compelling evidence, I don't care what the source is, it should be fully declassified. Pronto.   

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, deech said:

It's funny how everyone's opinion of Mueller changed all of a sudden. 

It’s funny how right wing media gets to push crazy conspiracy theories about Rosenstein, Comey, Strozk, Ohr, and Page.  Then Congressional Republicans get to use that propaganda to launch supercharged partisan public and private investigations.

But when the democrats want to launch an aggressive investigation when they get wind that Trump might have ordered Cohen to lie to Congress, everyone freaks out.

It’s amazing I’m the only one that seems to notice this horseshit.

• Like 1