the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

If the Supreme Court were to accept the felon AG from Texas’s argument, which they won’t, it would spell the end of the United States. 

That’s what the felon AG and his 17 corrupt republican friends are actually asking the Supreme Court to do, put an end to the United States. 

The Republican Party is so far gone and utterly corrupt, Adolf hitler is looking down on it from his grave. 

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If the Supreme Court were to accept the felon AG from Texas’s argument, which they won’t, it would spell the end of the United States. 

That’s what the felon AG and his 17 corrupt republican friends are actually asking the Supreme Court to do, put an end to the United States. 

The Republican Party is so far gone and utterly corrupt, Adolf hitler is looking down on it from his grave. 

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Every single state that trump lost would in turn sue every single state that trump won. It would be absolute chaos. 

Not gonna happen. But never forget the Republican Party actually asked for it. Villains. 

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think this might be where we are going forward.

The end game of this is Civil War by litigation.  Every election.  If you want to break the "United" States, this is how you break it.  State group A suing State group B because group A didn't like how a national election went in Group B.   Nevermind that the purpose of the action by State Group B is to disenfranchise all citizens of State Group B who voted for the non-favored candidate.  If we start doing that....we just ended this experiment, for good.

It was apparent before 2016 -- the thinking of the GOP is that if they can't have the country in their complete and total control, nobody else can have it at all.  They are pulling the rip cord on the suicide vest.  We all better hope that the SCOTUS declares the device a dud.  Otherwise, there's no coming back from this.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The end game of this is Civil War by litigation.  Every election.  If you want to break the "United" States, this is how you break it.  State group A suing State group B because group A didn't like how a national election went in Group B.   Nevermind that the purpose of the action by State Group B is to disenfranchise all citizens of State Group B who voted for the non-favored candidate.  If we start doing that....we just ended this experiment, for good.

It was apparent before 2016 -- the thinking of the GOP is that if they can't have the country in their complete and total control, nobody else can have it at all.  They are pulling the rip cord on the suicide vest.  We all better hope that the SCOTUS declares the device a dud.  Otherwise, there's no coming back from this.

Yep. The Supreme Court needs to put a firm and definitive end to this absolute nonsense with a scathing opinion dismissing the case. If they have any integrity at all at least 18 law clerks are researching and writing an opinion right now to do just that. We shall see. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think this might be where we are going forward.

We are unless the Supreme Court realizes the gravity of this and gives a multi-sentence evisceration of this clown show and admonishes everyone who willingly took part. Not holding my breath. Guessing we'll just get another brief dismissal with little explanation.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm going to cut to the chase here. Besides ending the "United" States, who is paying for all this lawyering and trialing and suing here? Is the answer us? Because I don't think this is a very fiscally responsible way to be spending our time. As a matter of fact, this ongoing jobs program for criminal and inept people pursuing vacuous and specious litigation is chapping my britches. And you don't want to be opposite Mrs. Whiggins when her britches are chapped. Tone doesn't even begin to cover it. I don't care about the manager, I'm heading for the boardroom.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm going to cut to the chase here. Besides ending the "United" States, who is paying for all this lawyering and trialing and suing here? Is the answer us? Because I don't think this is a very fiscally responsible way to be spending our time. As a matter of fact, this ongoing jobs program for criminal and inept people pursuing vacuous and specious litigation is chapping my britches. And you don't want to be opposite Mrs. Whiggins when her britches are chapped. Tone doesn't even begin to cover it. I don't care about the manager, I'm heading for the boardroom.

You, Joe taxpayer, is paying for this. 

52 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nevermind the nuttery of setting a precedent of allowing equal protection claims by one state against another because state 1 doesn't like state 2's voting procedures?  That is a can of worms that SCOTUS should be quite cautious about opening......because now California can sue Georgia for disenfranchising 100k voters.....and N. Carolina for shutting down polling places in minority areas.....etc ad infinitum.  There will never be another presidential election again that is decided WITHOUT a suit filed by the losing states against the winning states.

with the fedsoc/extraction industry's takeover of the judiciary to make it safe for billionaires you think that any of california's goals would get accomplished?

I hope SCOTUS knows they fuck around, it is the end of the consensus legitimacy of the Court.

I predict the right wing judges will ignore Trump & co. Any POTUS is a flash in the pan to a SCOTUS life tenure. Plus, they need the imprimatur of legitimacy when they fuck us hard in terms to come in things like abortion and other theocracy fest decisions.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I hope SCOTUS knows they fuck around, it is the end of the consensus legitimacy of the Court.

I predict the right wing judges will ignore Trump & co. Any POTUS is a flash in the pan to a SCOTUS life tenure. Plus, they need the imprimatur of legitimacy when they fuck us hard in terms to come in things like abortion and other theocracy fest decisions.

That's the firewall.  That's it.  SCOTUS can do what it wants.  It knows what the consequences are.  

Those of you thinking that there is no peril here are not paying attention.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

And Texas will vote for him again in '22.
I'm so glad I escaped.  I love Texas, but god damnit, its full of uneducated idiots, and not just the Republican Party elected officials. 

Yep. In my current job search, I keep getting asked if I would go back to Texas. I would rather pay nigh taxes in the NE than deal with how backwards Texas is at the moment. It’s embarrassing how many educated people in Texas continue to vote GOP.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

New York and Cali should sue Abbott for limiting drop off locations for absentee ballots and eliminating straight ticket voting. 

I'm looking forward to the suit against Florida for disenfranchising people convicted of a felony.

39 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Is it the states that have that deadline to respond?  Or SCOTUS?  again /notalawyer

Normally, the defendant states in an original action have 60 days to file a response, presumably arguing why original jurisdiction is or is not proper.

Paxton moved for expedited consideration, which was granted, at least as far as an accelerated deadline for the defendant states to respond.

Trump's intervention doesn't automatically destroy original jurisdiction, apparently, there's some nuance there. But it does make double-super-clear that the proper defendants are state OFFICIALS, not the states themselves.  And that does destroy original jurisdiction, because neither the plaintiff states nor the defendant states are the real parties in interest.

None of these people filing this suit are competent Supreme Court advocates.  It probably won't be scathing, but they are going to get poured out on their faces on standing and the fact that this is not, in reality, an action of one state against another.  It's an action by private parties against state officials.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The ex-stripper.....who worked in a joint that tortured customers.....who was convicted of a crime involving sending unsolicited sex videos to her ex's ex....who has made numerous already debunked outlandish claims.....who is the star witness for the Trump team.....claims to have actual third party evidence revealing a crime.....but nobody has actually seen it yet.

That+looks+totally+legit+_07366f218a16ed

I really wish Larry Flynt was still alive.  Because he'd offer up a couple hundred grand for sex tapes and nude photos of her because why the fuck not and have them streaming on the internet by the end of the day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Every single state that trump lost would in turn sue every single state that trump won. It would be absolute chaos. 

Not gonna happen. But never forget the Republican Party actually asked for it. Villains. 

The party which hysterically cried that kneeling football players doom America supports actual traitors.

The constituency that breathlessly chastised us to Never Forget 9/11 ignores a similar Covid bodycount each day.

And for all the horrors, they nearly re-elected Trump. I don't think charges of villainy matter a damn bit. This is our concern dude. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, heso said:

This is so fucking stupid. The Friday before the election with some really simple math I estimated that Trump’s lead in PA on election night would be 686,228 and that Biden would win with 3,351,445 to Trump’s 3,022,872 to Jojo’s 197,144. 

I ended up underestimating Election Day turnout by 3.5% and overestimating Jojo’s votes by 1.9%.

Trump’s lead on election night peaked almost right at 700,000 and at that moment it was obvious that trump would lose pa because the returned mail in ballots by party were already known at that point.

Holy shit, heso is in on the scam, too.  @TtomTerrific

@tjhooker

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I really wish Larry Flynt was still alive.  Because he'd offer up a couple hundred grand for sex tapes and nude photos of her because why the fuck not and have them streaming on the internet by the end of the day.

Wasn't Hustler's STD issue gross enough for you? 

2 minutes ago, Bookman said:

These last four years have made me want to leave Texas.

Bah.

You guys have been viewing our state with rose-tinted glasses for far too long.

I still love a lot of what there is to love about our state while acknowledging that our population has a significant number of idiots and we should not throw stones at Arkansas, Mississippi, or Alabama.  We can continue to do so against Louisiana, however.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Just now, Bookman said:

It's more than the last four years, but a good bit of this.

We'll always keep a home in Texas because this is where our people are, we'll always need a "home base."  And I'll still want to hunt and fish here and whatnot.  But, in talking with my wife, our plans for retirement are becoming much more nomadic.  Rent a cheap Airbnb somewhere, spend a few months, pick up some dinner stuff from the market, visit with friends -- we've got our eyes on cities and places all over, in the US and overseas.  But my entire family, kids included, is much less connected to the US than I ever thought we'd be.

I'm a 5th generation Texan at least, my kids are 6th.  This state helped make me.  But goddamn.  This state and country have decided to drink a jillion gallons of stupid juice.  And it's topped with meanness.  It's just incompatible with a life of decency and kindness.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mr. Flynt is alive and well, and is as perverted as ever, I'm pleased to say. 

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Pretty sure he could get them for free.

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Hell she’d probably send them to you herself for a grand

9 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Have to admit I was pretty bummed out a couple of years ago when my company said I was being transferred back to Texas.  And I was living in a west African shithole at the time.  I hate it here and can't wait for things to pick up again so I can leave.

I'm not saying that the Whiggins family has some sort of negative karma going on or anything, but since we've moved here there was a record setting drought, the economy tanked on more than one occasion, the great hurricanes, floods, and plague have happened but maybe we need to wait til the kids leave home and then go ruin Idaho or something.