Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

11 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

No.  But they can't get a D&C to remove embryonic or fetal material unless related to a spontaneous abortion or for a "medical emergency."

I read the article. If what is described happened there is absolutely no defense  for waiting 2 hours from when she hit the door in the ambulance to perform D&C, much less 20. She was objectively critically ill and in danger of dying. They fucked up and are blaming the abortion ban

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I read the article. If what is described happened there is absolutely no defense  for waiting 2 hours from when she hit the door in the ambulance to perform D&C, much less 20. She was objectively critically ill and in danger of dying. They fucked up and are blaming the abortion ban

Why not both?  Yes, they clearly fucked up.  But you're okay with asking doctors to find the exact right time when something's a "medical emergency" as a patient becomes septic and then enters septic shock?  Just because the doctors also fucked up, doesn't mean the government should be legislating this crap.  Maybe the Georgia legislature could write a law that doesn't allow the doctors to use the law as an excuse for their malpractice.

Just now, lemonlime said:

Why not both?  Yes, they clearly fucked up.  But you're okay with asking doctors to find the exact right time when something's a "medical emergency" as a patient becomes septic and then enters septic shock?  Just because the doctors also fucked up, doesn't mean the government should be legislating this crap.  Maybe the Georgia legislature could write a law that doesn't allow the doctors to use the law as an excuse for their malpractice.

Of course I’m not ok w it don’t be fatuous.

12 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I think the abortion ban is to blame when doctors aren’t performing what used to be routine procedures for fear of being imprisoned over the GOP’s draconian new anti-abortion laws. I’ve heard countless stories from women saying doctors wouldn’t treat them because they weren’t sick enough yet so treatment was withheld because of legal concerns. Would you want to be the first doctor to test the legislation in court with your personal freedom and livelihood on the line?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think the abortion ban is to blame when doctors aren’t performing what used to be routine procedures for fear of being imprisoned over the GOP’s draconian new anti-abortion laws. I’ve heard countless stories from women saying doctors wouldn’t treat them because they weren’t sick enough yet so treatment was withheld because of legal concerns. Would you want to be the first doctor to test the legislation in court with your personal freedom and livelihood on the line?

Which is very obviously the entire point of writing the "exceptions" the way they have. There's what is in effect implied law in the gaps between what is written, how it is understood, and how it is enforced that results in the following implication being the actual law: "poor black and brown women have to die, but you better fucking save the white women." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Would you want to be the first doctor to test the legislation in court with your personal freedom and livelihood on the line?

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Which is very obviously the entire point of writing the "exceptions" the way they have. There's what is in effect implied law in the gaps between what is written, how it is understood, and how it is enforced that results in the following implication being the actual law: "poor black and brown women have to die, but you better fucking save the white women." 

Yep.  That's exactly it.  The calculus that the GQP has INTENTIONALLY FORCED UPON US is one that weighs the Dr's life against the patient.  Bottom line, it is this:

"IF YOU ADMINISTER ABORTION CARE TO A WOMAN, YOU BETTER GET IT EXACTLY RIGHT, 100%, BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, OR I WILL END YOUR LIFE."

We're not talking about a malpractice risk, or an upset patient risk.  We're saying "doc, if you perform this procedure, and a politically motivated prosecutor or AG (cough cough, Ken Paxton) decides that you chose incorrectly, they will end your fucking life.  You will rot in a prison for the rest of your days."

So, yeah, the law is 100% intended to intimidate doctors into not providing life-saving medical care.  Put another way, the GQP is perfectly happy to murder women to score political points.  They have already done so, they will continue to do so, and they will keep doing it as long as a single GQP fuckstick holds any position of power.  Killing women is the fucking GOAL, not just a side-effect.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Really shameless, even for Ted.

Good. Get these shit birds on record so their opponents can use it against them.  C'mon Allred, use this to make another milquetoast ad asking people to chip in $3 while you tell them about how you used to play football! 

Republicans: We're weren't going to vote for this performative bill. The courts already protected IVF

Also Republicans: we're going to shut down the government unless you pass this bill that says illegals can't vote (even though illegals can't vote by the existing laws of the land). 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4