Florida Gators

Zeus

Viral Napier quote:

"If we can focus on those things and not necessarily what some guy in his basement is saying in rural Central Florida on social media, then we got a chance to get better."  

In Central Florida, UCF's collective The Kingdom started selling T-shirts repping Rural Central Florida to troll Napier... 

Screenshot_20240903-212945_kindlephoto-4194604.png.b834f9f7da50e8a27de9b932867451e5.png

Also CFB fans laughing at this after Gata loss

The Swagger is back at The U - Here's a few angles of Miami players chirping to the Florida recruits section after their dominant win over the Gators in The Swamp, and Florida staffers were ushering them away and telling them to "shut up"

On 9/3/2024 at 1:50 PM, DDD Dad said:
On 9/2/2024 at 5:26 PM, gatormarc said:

The heat/humidity was probably the second worst I've experienced in that stadium. Lots of people spent significant time in the Purple Porpoise concoursesto get out of the sun.

RIP Purple Porpoise and halftime passes.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 10:32 PM, LTtxfan said:

Viral Napier quote:

"If we can focus on those things and not necessarily what some guy in his basement is saying in rural Central Florida on social media, then we got a chance to get better."  

In Central Florida, UCF's collective The Kingdom started selling T-shirts repping Rural Central Florida to troll Napier... 

Are they trying to claim that they have all of the Rural Central Florida fans or something?

I'm not sure I get what they are going for.

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

I think they’re going for the win/win of making money and mocking Napier. 

Sure but it doesn't make any sense.

It's like a real life version of the "jokes on them, I was only pretending to be retarded" meme.

3 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

Sure but it doesn't make any sense.

It's like a real life version of the "jokes on them, I was only pretending to be retarded" meme.

It makes sense to me — low key, self-deprecating humor that makes money and brings attention to Napier’s attempt at deflection — but I don’t have a dog in that fight. 

How did Napier massage not starting Lagway right away? By all accounts, signing the kid saved his job. 

Surely starting Lagway doesn’t change the outcome of the Miami game, but Napier could have used the  freshman quarterback, first start excuse. And then chased it with sunshine pumping: he showed a lot of promise, the future is bright. 

22 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

How did Napier massage not starting Lagway right away? By all accounts, signing the kid saved his job. 

Surely starting Lagway doesn’t change the outcome of the Miami game, but Napier could have used the  freshman quarterback, first start excuse. And then chased it with sunshine pumping: he showed a lot of promise, the future is bright. 

You sound like you’re in a basement in rural central Florida. 

• Haha 2

On 9/6/2024 at 8:51 AM, gatormarc said:

Mertz has done well at Florida. I think most expected/hoped that we would see Lagway in some fashion this year to let him ease into it.

We may not have much of a choice if our OL is not going to be capable of protecting the QB.

Mertz is fucking terrible. 

A&M by 21+ this saturday no matter who is at QB for UF. What a dumpster fire.

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Gonna be interesting to watch gata vs aggy 

HaHaHaHa😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

image.thumb.jpeg.2714517a7661c4ea3ab75e13b5640650.jpeg

That crazy bastard still wants to start Mertz. What’s the story here? Some Tom Herman level assholery where he doesn’t want the boosters/NIL Collective to tell him what to do, so he’s willing to watch it burn so he maintains control? 

8 minutes ago, Best served cold said:

They posted a stat today that this is the first time UF and FSU both had losing records after 3 games since 1955.

12 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

When was the last time UF and FSU were a combined 1-5? What a train wreck!

I piggy-backed off that fact and did a little internet sleuthing. It is their worst combined start since 1947-- the inaugural year for FSU football.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it would have been funny to see both fan bases rooting for their team to lose so the coach can get fired.

I think Norvell just signed an extension lulz 

I mean, I get it, I guess, but for a guy who is too reliant on the transfer portal and not HS recruiting should not be getting an extension. JMO. Now the warts are showing, and it's not pretty. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think Florida should wait until after the season to evaluate the head coach situation. Let's not be too hasty and give Coach Napier a chance to right the ship.

Or at least until after November 9th.

Honestly, do you think it will matter who is the head coach on November 9th?  Rip that band-aid off.

• Hook 'Em 1