Markets still falling like whoa

1 hour ago, Henry Hill said:

Big earnings release on Wednesday for NVIDIA. Will we see a triple lindy? The beginning of the end of the massive bull run for AI? Or, will this be a nothing burger?

Anyone have any exposure aside from mutual funds and ETFs?

Yes I own shares outright.

1 hour ago, Henry Hill said:

Big earnings release on Wednesday for NVIDIA. Will we see a triple lindy? The beginning of the end of the massive bull run for AI? Or, will this be a nothing burger?

E6mNFe.gif

On 8/26/2024 at 12:31 PM, Henry Hill said:

bout a hundred in it, plus thru VOO (6.2%) and SPMO (12.2%) 

LFG!

Sons of Gondor!

Of Rohan!

My brothers.

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of our 401Ks.

A day may come when the price of NVDA fails, when we forsake the Nasdaq and break all bonds of FAANG, but it is not this day.

An hour of deleveraging and selloffs when the AI boom comes crashing down, but it is not this day!

This day we HODL!

Super Micro seems super fucked.  Dodging sanctions selling to Russia, related party transactions all over, looks like Hindenburg picked a solid short this time.  If you’re short NVDA good luck, it’s probably solid, but just like TSLA can you outlast the market?

• Hook 'Em 1

10Y-2Y treasury yield spread is flat again, from having been inverted (due to more demand of long term bonds over short term bonds), which was historically a “signal” of a recession. 

crisis averted everyone. 

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

inverted since June of 22

I put it in airquotes because i always found that notion ridiculous, as is its popular corollary that the “bond market is smarter”. 

there was a ton of chatter when the yields crossed the last time…but today, crickets

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, tomahawk dunk said:

Any of you that follow the market closely have any takes on Berkshires cash level (close to 300 billion) and Ajit Jain selling over half of his class A shares? Don't know if they're prepping for a correction or I'm probably reading more into than there is.

What if Uncle Warren's is sick, the cash accumulate is to opportunity buy on the Warren croaks dip, and Jain is tax selling before tax rates go up. 

Or it could all be random. full disclosure I'm holding my BRK.b and plan on buying when that doe occurs.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, tomahawk dunk said:

Any of you that follow the market closely have any takes on Berkshires cash level (close to 300 billion) and Ajit Jain selling over half of his class A shares? Don't know if they're prepping for a correction or I'm probably reading more into than there is.

their cash and equivalents havent changed, its always been $30-40B level.

since the new year they've shifted most of their holdings in equities to 6mo/1yr T-Bills.  a part of that is likely a view/bet of rates dropping (it did!), and even if not, 5% yield at the start of the year is pretty nice guarantee at maturity.

any correction anticipated, they couldve made on the company books itself using derivatives.  berkshire has done that before.

• Hook 'Em 1