Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What's with the lobster season thing?

They added a single day season (if you are a Florida resident with a permit) to take lobster before the normal 2 day "mini season" that comes prior to the commercial and regular seasons.

Mini season is a shit show, because everyone with something that can float will descend from Dade/Broward to be out on the water fighting for lobster...  and I do mean fighting.   People will get run over, shot at, left behind, and arrested.  The boat ramps are swamped, the reefs and coral heads have thousands of boats on them.  Think Floridaman + coolers of beer + free lobster + Bumper boats.  The Keys are JAMMED with people and boats for a wild west style lobster grab.   The locals (who are also insufferable) are pissed because their towns are overrun with people just "raping their" natural resources!  

So the GOP decided to spring an extra day of mini season on them, unleashing the hoard with no real economic benefit to the locals.   The Keys are basically populated with salty blue collar rednecks and rich folks from parts north.  

tl/dr

It's a conflict generated by good ole fashioned Florida overtourism and the Keys evolving into exclusive playground for the rich.

Edited by locodos
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 minutes ago, locodos said:

Mini season is a shit show, because everyone with something that can float will descend from Dade/Broward to be out on the water fighting for lobster...  and I do mean fighting.   People will get run over, shot at, left behind, and arrested.  The boat ramps are swamped, the reefs and coral heads have thousands of boats on them.  Think Floridaman + coolers of beer + free lobster + Bumper boats.  The Keys are JAMMED with people and boats for a wild west style lobster grab.   The locals (who are also insufferable) are pissed because their towns are overrun with people just "raping their" natural resources!  

So the GOP decided to spring an extra day of mini season on them, unleashing the hoard with no real economic benefit to the locals.   The Keys are basically populated with salty blue collar rednecks and rich folks from parts north.  

tl/dr

It's a conflict generated by good ole fashioned Florida overtourism and the Keys evolving into exclusive playground for the rich.

This sounds awesome.

Sounds like an opportunity for a variation thread of the Lulz forum’s Hood fights and hood shenanigans thread.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Why does a hospital need to sell alcohol ?

I don't think they need to, but having lived in an area of Florida that is mostly retired folks, they don't do anything unless it involves cocktails. Guys at the dog park used to call 10:30 am the cocktail hour. If you happen to be a single male and end up in one of these communities it probably isn't a bad life. I know it is God's waiting room, but there are a lot worse ways to spend your time than playing golf, pounding cocktails, and chasing tail. 

Edited by Thrawn

3 hours ago, locodos said:

They added a single day season (if you are a Florida resident with a permit) to take lobster before the normal 2 day "mini season" that comes prior to the commercial and regular seasons.

tl/dr

fucking incredible.

3 hours ago, Thrawn said:

I don't think they need to, but having lived in an area of Florida that is mostly retired folks, they don't do anything unless it involves cocktails. Guys at the dog park used to call 10:30 am the cocktail hour. If you happen to be a single male and end up in one of these communities it probably isn't a bad life. I know it is God's waiting room, but there are a lot worse ways to spend your time than playing golf, pounding cocktails, and chasing tail. 

I spent a couple of weeks in the keys (Marathon, to be specific) last May.  There's not much to do there except drink, eat, fuck, and watersports/fishing.  And BTW, living on the West Coast is much better than the East for a sports fan.  When I hit the bar in the afternoon here, there's always a game on TV.   Happy hour here=game time in the East.  Out there, there's dick to do except stare at people. 

4 hours ago, Thrawn said:

If you happen to be a single male and end up in one of these communities it probably isn't a bad life. I know it is God's waiting room, but there are a lot worse ways to spend your time than playing golf, pounding cocktails, and chasing tail. 

We aren’t too far off from Surly tailgate parties at The Villages.

• Like 1