A story about a pathetic man's downfall [34 Felony Convictions]

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Reminds me of being a waiter and customers telling me how STUPID it was that they couldn't get the Friday special on Saturday. I guess I could have finagled it somehow if I really needed their $3.44 tip, but it was more fun to do like the French desk clerk in French Kiss, and just be faultlessly polite and utterly unhelpful.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Nope.  You ledge guys can step back.  

Trump is toast.  There's just too much going against him.  

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

spacer.png

Both of the above have truth. I think Trump is in trouble. I don't think that's enough take liquor and butt cushions off the ledge.

Trump going down doesn't eliminate the part of the electorate that is fucking crazy determined that the Dems are a threat to the survival of the country. Somebody will find a way to tap into that and become their hero. It won't happen through ordinary politics which is to say that the GOP nominee is gifted that bloc of deplorables.

Trump is the most prominent bubo on this plagued republic. He exploited the disease; he is not the disease.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m sure that’s nothing 

As a private citizen investigators will no longer be able to compel his testimony?

Uh.  Wut?

Peter Navarro and Steve Bannon, private citizens among many others, would like to know how this works.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As a private citizen investigators will no longer be able to compel his testimony?

Uh.  Wut?

As a private citizen, he still has to testify, he can just plead the 5th. As SS, he is not allowed to take the 5th, or he would lose his job, benefits, pension, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

As a private citizen, he still has to testify, he can just plead the 5th. As SS, he is not allowed to take the 5th, or he would lose his job, benefits, pension, etc. 

I read some more.  He was to be interviewed by DHS IG investigators.  As he is no longer employed, he cannot be compelled to meet with them, but claims an intention to do so.  Nothing to do with 1/6 Committee, where he has already been interviewed twice.

It does appear that his retirement, although possibly contemplated previously, may be an attempt to preserve his retirement.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Reminds me of being a waiter and customers telling me how STUPID it was that they couldn't get the Friday special on Saturday. I guess I could have finagled it somehow if I really needed their $3.44 tip, but it was more fun to do like the French desk clerk in French Kiss, and just be faultlessly polite and utterly unhelpful.

And I never got my water

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Uh.  Wut?

Peter Navarro and Steve Bannon, private citizens among many others, would like to know how this works.

Maybe he means can’t compel testimony without a subpoena. I think the committee is in recess and a subpoena fight would run out the clock on this Congress 

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Both of the above have truth. I think Trump is in trouble. I don't think that's enough take liquor and butt cushions off the ledge.

Trump going down doesn't eliminate the part of the electorate that is fucking crazy determined that the Dems are a threat to the survival of the country. Somebody will find a way to tap into that and become their hero. It won't happen through ordinary politics which is to say that the GOP nominee is gifted that bloc of deplorables.

Trump is the most prominent bubo on this plagued republic. He exploited the disease; he is not the disease.

I'm on the ledge because of the part of the electorate that is fucking crazy and incapable of giving a single shit about anything truthful. I disagree though that someone can just step in and be the new trump. He has a unique mix of pure stupidity, arrogance, celebrity, and ecosphere of yes men that have been filtering his information since well before he gave a shit about actual politics. Nobody is going to fit that mold. Twenty years from now their won't be a new trump, instead they'll still be talking about him and naming shit after him an venerating him like they did Reagan for a long time but x20. Hell, I don't think a religious sect is out of the question, or some evangelical denomination canonizing him as a saint whose body of work is infallible. I'm starting to turn a little bit whether he'll actually face any consequences. The evidence is just so goddamned overwhelming a part of my brain says there's just no way he just skates, but my logic and observation kicks in and I'm pretty sure nothing will happen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm on the ledge because of the part of the electorate that is fucking crazy and incapable of giving a single shit about anything truthful. I disagree though that someone can just step in and be the new trump. He has a unique mix of pure stupidity, arrogance, celebrity, and ecosphere of yes men that have been filtering his information since well before he gave a shit about actual politics. Nobody is going to fit that mold. Twenty years from now their won't be a new trump, instead they'll still be talking about him and naming shit after him an venerating him like they did Reagan for a long time but x20. Hell, I don't think a religious sect is out of the question, or some evangelical denomination canonizing him as a saint whose body of work is infallible. I'm starting to turn a little bit whether he'll actually face any consequences. The evidence is just so goddamned overwhelming a part of my brain says there's just no way he just skates, but my logic and observation kicks in and I'm pretty sure nothing will happen.

I think the window is too small for him to face any serious consequences. If the Rs take the house they will immediately start creating top cover to slow the DOJs work down.  If by some miracle he gets punished prior to 24 it’s pretty much a lock that the Desantis would win and immediately pardon him. Red legislatures have already laid the ground work for that to be a foregone conclusion, and this Supreme Court will look the other way. They could have video of him showing Russians humint that exposed operatives and informants and the Rs would brush it off or whatabout it.  It’s red versus blue, and the only thing that matters is winning. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The evidence is just so goddamned overwhelming a part of my brain says there's just no way he just skates, but my logic and observation kicks in and I'm pretty sure nothing will happen.

The only thing that will cause Trump's influence to diminish is if he succumbs to health issues or if the left wing media stops covering his every move and starts covering actual, truthful news and news makers.

Everyone on this board or who has Trumpy shit coming up regularly on their apps is guilty of keeping him more relevant than he should be. 

We'd all be better off if we let/encourage the DOJ do their business, and focus on the fucking midterms.  If you know someone who can vote and might not, you should already be working on them.

Elections give me a chance to contact all my millennial nieces and nephews and tell them not to waste the opportunity.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I think the window is too small for him to face any serious consequences. If the Rs take the house they will immediately start creating top cover to slow the DOJs work down.  If by some miracle he gets punished prior to 24 it’s pretty much a lock that the Desantis would win and immediately pardon him. Red legislatures have already laid the ground work for that to be a foregone conclusion, and this Supreme Court will look the other way. They could have video of him showing Russians humint that exposed operatives and informants and the Rs would brush it off or whatabout it.  It’s red versus blue, and the only thing that matters is winning. 

Wouldn’t a President DeSantis want to at least wait to pardon Trump until he himself had won a second term? Loyalty and gratitude aren’t things Trump gives to others. If he were eligible to seek the presidency after being pardoned, he’d do it. Trump would be a threat if he was pardoned during DeSantis’ first term.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Wouldn’t a President DeSantis want to at least wait to pardon Trump until he himself had won a second term? Loyalty and gratitude aren’t things Trump gives to others. If he were eligible to seek the presidency after being pardoned, he’d do it. Trump would be a threat if he was pardoned during DeSantis’ first term.

I think the goodwill it would earn him would be worth the risk that Trump would run again at that point. He would be 82 in 2028, and running would just open him to more potential legal fuckery. He can do just as much damage to his enemies through elected loyalists and his mob anyway. 

52 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I disagree though that someone can just step in and be the new trump. He has a unique mix of pure stupidity, arrogance, celebrity, and ecosphere of yes men that have been filtering his information since well before he gave a shit about actual politics.

I want to agree with this but Trump’s movement is much bigger than he is. This is a fundamentalist movement that will never ever vote for democrats. 

What I’m trying to say is this movement is more anti-Democratic than it is in love with Trump.  

Something to watch for in the upcoming GOP primary is the stupid notion of “electability” and how it’s deployed by the media against Trump.

Expanding on my last post, I don’t see any way Desantis could get into office and then drag his feet on pardoning trump for 4 years. The maga mob would burn the fucking White House down if it took longer than 4 months. The bigger worry will be how far Desantis and company will take their reprisals. Based on his ready fire aim approach to election fraud stuff on Florida, it’s going to be rough for any D who has had their name uttered during a trump rally. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I want to agree with this but Trump’s movement is much bigger than he is. This is a fundamentalist movement that will never ever vote for democrats.

Sure, but a lot of them didn't vote, period. Because they were disillusioned that no politicians or parties were speaking to the angry, white nationalist. Trump gave them a voice. They're not just going to blindly follow the next GOP candidate (which is why you see Desantis mimicking Trump's rhetoric and mannerisms), and could return to being disillusioned non-voters with the wrong candidate (god willing).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I think the goodwill it would earn him would be worth the risk that Trump would run again at that point. He would be 82 in 2028, and running would just open him to more potential legal fuckery. He can do just as much damage to his enemies through elected loyalists and his mob anyway. 

Just trying to think like a dictator.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Yep.  Not just anybody can be Donald Trump.  There’s elements of his narcissistic personality disorder that serve him very well in the role he fills.  Like complementing literally anyone that flatters him and talking shit on anyone who dares question him.  Not just anyone can pull that off.  It’s a very rigid good/bad structure that fits perfectly for very stupid people.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep.  Not just anybody can be Donald Trump.  There’s elements of his narcissistic personality disorder that serve him very well in the role he fills.  Like complementing literally anyone that flatters him and talking shit on anyone who dares question him.  Not just anyone can pull that off.  It’s a very rigid good/bad structure that fits perfectly for very stupid people.  

I agree with this. I think MANY of those folks who have been mobilized to vote for him won't be quite as excited by anybody that isn't Trump or from his immediate universe like Junior or Eric or Ivanka, etc. They'll just go back to not voting.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s a catalyst, though. He definitely exacerbated the affliction.

No doubt. But the affliction was malignant before he arrived to take it out of near latency.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

He is destinctive in ways that other megalomaniacs can surely improve on. His main trait was that he was a celebrity outsider who said the quiet parts out loud and doesn't give a rat fuck that we're a (declining republic).

If the Pillow Guy were mildly intelligent, he might be a possibility, but it's hard to say who the next would-be tyrant will be in the same way it was unimaginable that Trump would get a major party nomination and then actually be elected despite constantly emerging stories proving his unfitness.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What I’m trying to say is this movement is more anti-Democratic than it is in love with Trump.  

Something to watch for in the upcoming GOP primary is the stupid notion of “electability” and how it’s deployed by the media against Trump.

Well said. They're energized and will likely turn to another pretender if Trump is taken out.

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I agree with this. I think MANY of those folks who have been mobilized to vote for him won't be quite as excited by anybody that isn't Trump or from his immediate universe like Junior or Eric or Ivanka, etc. They'll just go back to not voting.

I think this is an intelligent take, but you can see how I disagree with it by what I wrote above.

I think it's more likely that the deplorables embrace someone more cunning and dangerous. That I can't name that person doesn't mean that person (likely persons) isn't out there. Again, who thought we'd ever have something so absurd as a President Trump?

It's still weird to write and say President Trump. It's a shame he couldn't have been a laughable failure instead of what we have all witnessed.

Sorry to keep using this gif, but it's so apt.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

No doubt. But the affliction was malignant before he arrived to take it out of near latency.

He is destinctive in ways that other megalomaniacs can surely improve on. His main trait was that he was a celebrity outsider who said the quiet parts out loud and doesn't give a rat fuck that we're a (declining republic).

If the Pillow Guy were mildly intelligent, he might be a possibility, but it's hard to say who the next would-be tyrant will be in the same way it was unimaginable that Trump would get a major party nomination and then actually be elected despite constantly emerging stories proving his unfitness.

Well said. They're energized and will likely turn to another pretender if Trump is taken out.

I think this is an intelligent take, but you can see how I disagree with it by what I wrote above.

I think it's more likely that the deplorables embrace someone more cunning and dangerous. That I can't name that person doesn't mean that person (likely persons) isn't out there. Again, who thought we'd ever have something so absurd as a President Trump?

It's still weird to write and say President Trump. It's a shame he couldn't have been a laughable failure instead of what we have all witnessed.

Sorry to keep using this gif, but it's so apt.

spacer.png

I don't really disagree with any of this.  But it still would be really nice and refreshing to see justice for just one of his many crimes.

Agree it wouldn't change his followers or the rot at the root of all this.  But it would still be a glorious day.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I don't really disagree with any of this.  But it still would be really nice and refreshing to see justice for just one of his many crimes.

Agree it wouldn't change his followers or the rot at the root of all this.  But it would still be a glorious day.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not one of the naysayers regarding Trump's potential prosecution. His flailing right now is shrill and off-balance. He calmly lied and rabble-roused his way out of any number of impeachable and jailable crimes. He's squealing and thrashing like a harpooned feral hog.

Bringing him to justice is a separate issue from my dim opinion of the future of the republic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/philadelphia/biden-speech-philadelphia-democracy-pennsylvania-20220829.html

Biden will give a primetime speech in Philly about democracy

Spoiler

Elevating Trump could also help draw attention to his divisive predecessor ahead of the election homestretch, as Trump continues dominating the news in a way that few former president can, most recently after an FBI raid found classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort home in Florida.

Could Dark Brandon be prepping the country for an imminent indictment and arrest? I have a feeling that if the arrest happens, it will be on a Friday. Probably early morning, in time to dominate (pre-empt) the morning shows and drive-time radio.

• Like 1

I agree with this take. Trump is unraveling and it looks legit like he’s terrified of actual consequences. The DOJ brief will be interesting today. 

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/philadelphia/biden-speech-philadelphia-democracy-pennsylvania-20220829.html

Reveal hidden contents

Elevating Trump could also help draw attention to his divisive predecessor ahead of the election homestretch, as Trump continues dominating the news in a way that few former president can, most recently after an FBI raid found classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort home in Florida.

Could Dark Brandon be prepping the country for an imminent indictment and arrest? I have a feeling that if the arrest happens, it will be on a Friday. Probably early morning, in time to dominate (pre-empt) the morning shows and drive-time radio.

They’ll never arrest. They’ll coordinate a surrender and release 

7 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I don’t think an indictment is “imminent,” at least not as in it happening soon. I’m not sure how long before an indictment the DOJ would notify POTUS of its imminence. But in no way should the timing of an arrest be affected by political concerns. Whenever they’re ready to move they should move and not be concerned about how it plays in the media.

I guess I should add that an arrest shouldn’t happen after business hours on a Friday which would make it look like they’re specifically trying to avoid notice, as if they’re trying to hide their actions. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall [34 Felony Convictions]