A story about a pathetic man's downfall [34 Felony Convictions]

Francisco 2.0

Posted (edited)

Time for another hush-money-reimbursement-with-campaign-funds-during-election-season scheme.  Make sure to document it with lots of text messages, Donald.  I'd bet that some of the lickspittles who showed up to support him at trial would be glad to play the bag man in this sequel.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Time for another hush-money-reimbursement-with-campaign-funds-during-election-season scheme.  Make sure to document it with lots of text messages, Donald.  I'd bet that some of the lickspittles who showed up to support him at trial would be glad to play the bag man in this sequel.

I'm sure we will get to prosecuting by 2032

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Here's the producer's article in Slate that the above references:

https://slate.com/culture/2024/05/donald-trump-news-2024-trial-verdict-apprentice.html

It's longcat, but worth it.

We are taken around the rest of the club’s property and told what to feature on camera and what to stay away from. The clubhouse is a particularly necessary inclusion, and it is inside these luxurious confines where I have the privilege of meeting the architect. Finding myself alone with him, I make a point of commending him for what I feel is a remarkable building. The place is genuinely spectacular. He thanks me.

“It’s bittersweet,” he tells me. “I’m very proud of this place, but …” He hesitates. “I wasn’t paid what was promised,” he says. I just listen. “Trump pays half upfront,” he says, “but he’ll stiff you for the rest once the project is completed.”

“He stiffed you?”

“If I tried to sue, the legal bills would be more than what I was owed. He knew that. He basically said Take what I’m offering,” and I see how heavy this is for the man, all these years later. “So, we sent the invoice. He didn’t even pay that,” he says. None of this will be in the show. Not Trump’s suggested infidelities, nor his aversion toward paying those who work for him.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

tom arnold has been talking about this tape for 8 years.  it won't matter even if it comes out.  he admitted to sexual assault on tape and it didn't matter.  nothing he says means anything to the cult.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 4th&Five said:

tom arnold has been talking about this tape for 8 years.  it won't matter even if it comes out.  he admitted to sexual assault on tape and it didn't matter.  nothing he says means anything to the cult.

It might mean something to a lot of people in Georgia. 

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It might mean something to a lot of people in Georgia. 

Yeah - I think this might be enough to counter Trump's "pardons for any rapper defendant that endorses me" program ...

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

maga hates black people, they’ll be cheering this on. Blacks for Trump are already paid for, they do not care 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Except when he says something they want to hear. Those things are the reasons he has to be elected!  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall [34 Felony Convictions]

What’s with the cult folks asking what the crime was and that they never specified the crime? My niece said this and I’ve seen it repeated.

The entire transcript is online. There are 1000’s of articles detailing and explaining the charges and the law / laws broken. I can’t figure out where this “not stating the crime” is coming from.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

What’s with the cult folks asking what the crime was and that they never specified the crime? My niece said this and I’ve seen it repeated.

The entire transcript is online. There are 1000’s of articles detailing and explaining the charges and the law / laws broken. I can’t figure out where this “not stating the crime” is coming from.

It's a load of shit is what it is.  It is being deliberately obtuse to the fact that this statute is on the books, has been there a long time, and is routinely prosecuted.  

Trump was afforded due process at every turn and lost because he's guilty as sin.

Fairly insightful article concerning why the feds didn't bring similar (not identical) charges.  https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article/why-did-federal-prosecutors-drop-trump's-hush-money-case

Notable:  Most of the investigating and trial attorneys in the DOJ are non-political civil servants, even if their masters are political appointees.  These civil servants spent years being deterred in their investigations by Barr and other Trump appointees.  That gave them some inertia that was hard to overcome once the DOJ became mostly apolitical again under Biden.  This is apart from any notion on the part of Biden/Garland/newly apolitical DOJ that being apolitical required avoiding inherently political prosecutions.

Also notable:  the federal election crime has more stringent requirements for the mental state necessary to prove the crime than the NY statute, thus making it necessary to prove that Trump both knew of the scheme and intended to violate election laws.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Just repeating what they hear on Fox News. It’s very easy to be a Republican voter. You watch Fox News, repeat what you hear, and consider yourself informed. It takes very little effort and no actual thinking. 

And lots and lots of bias.  Because they're spouting what their supporters want to hear, especially the hits. 

• Like 1

Because Trump keeps saying it.

4 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

If you ask them they won't be able to articulate this, but It relates to the fact that falsifying business records, by itself, is a misdemeanor.  For this case to be considered a Felony, there needed to be an underlying crime. In the Judge's instructions, he specified to the Jury that they didn't need to be in unanimous agreement about what the exact underlying crime was, but only whether it fit into one of the 3 choices available.  

image.thumb.png.ab018a96464820a0cfcea737ab4ac3ee.png 

Of course the sheepherders jumped all over this and twisted it for the galactically stupid, but that's where it comes from.

One of the initial problems with the case was whether they actually had to prove the FECA offense, which was believed to be the only "predicate" crime raising it to a felony.

It became clearer as things progressed that the statute, according to pretty settled law, only required proof of intent to commit the "predicate" crime. or to conceal it, not actually have committed the crime.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

If you ask them they won't be able to articulate this, but It relates to the fact that falsifying business records, by itself, is a misdemeanor.  For this case to be considered a Felony, there needed to be an underlying crime. In the Judge's instructions, he specified to the Jury that they didn't need to be in unanimous agreement about what the exact underlying crime was, but only whether it fit into one of the 3 choices available.  

image.thumb.png.ab018a96464820a0cfcea737ab4ac3ee.png 

Of course the sheepherders jumped all over this and twisted it for the galactically stupid, but that's where it comes from.

You expect me to believe that the erudite voter that makes up the Trump base does not have the capacity to understand a simple concept like this?

Or would fall for such brazen tomfoolery to muddy what is not all that difficult to understand?

No sir. 

This is a bridge too far.

• Haha 1

Serious question:

When this fucktard croaks his last Orange-Jabba breath, what happens to:

-the GOP (locally, state orgs, nationally)

-his sycophants who have attached themselves to him in DC

-the brainless, brainwashed cult-members in our families and communities 

Is there a risk there’s someone fills that power vacuum who is even more dangerous to The Republic?  Someone who has the ability to galvanize the dumbasses like Trump?

I think he only took advantage of what was simmering so I don't think we get a reprieve from the phenomenon only from seeing his ugly face and hearing his putrid rhetoric that everything is rigged. he may have been the best at taking advantage so maybe the GOP won't be as forceful but the movement is not built by trump only taken advantage by trump so we still have to deal with christian nationalism, Q conspiracy theories, gun fanatics, climate change deniers (though this seems to be fading some).

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

Serious question:

When this fucktard croaks his last Orange-Jabba breath, what happens to:

-the GOP (locally, state orgs, nationally)

-his sycophants who have attached themselves to him in DC

-the brainless, brainwashed cult-members in our families and communities 

Is there a risk there’s someone fills that power vacuum who is even more dangerous to The Republic?  Someone who has the ability to galvanize the dumbasses like Trump?

At the national level, it’s going to be one helluva fight between the various Republican factions/would-be leaders as they try to get control of the RNC.  At the state level, lines will be drawn over various issues (think school vouchers here in Texas).

As for our families/communities, these people will keep on being distracted by whatever Fox News churns out and will go back to being what they were before.  Some, maybe even many, will claim they weren’t Trump supporters depending on any stigma from others pointing out how he’s such a loser.

I’m not worried about somebody galvanizing the masses like Trump did.  He was extremely unique and suited for the time, and he connected with the morons in a way that no other Republicans have been able to do.  Anybody who comes now will be more focused on rebuilding the GOP by necessity, because Trump is gutting the very infrastructure/resources that would help anybody not named Trump. He’s willing to completely sacrifice the future of the GOP for his short-term gain, and it will be a pain in the ass to rebuild, given the loss of institutional knowledge. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m not worried about somebody galvanizing the masses like Trump did.  He was extremely unique and suited for the time, and he connected with the morons in a way that no other Republicans have been able to do.  Anybody who comes now will be more focused on rebuilding the GOP by necessity, because Trump is gutting the very infrastructure/resources that would help anybody not named Trump. He’s willing to completely sacrifice the future of the GOP for his short-term gain, and it will be a pain in the ass to rebuild, given the loss of institutional knowledge. 

I think the unity the GQP/GOP currently has goes away. He's been able to unite the party as well as anybody could in this climate. It goes away when he does IMO.

At that point, the GOP will slide back toward their pre-Trump normalcy and the wackos will slowly fall off. Time will tell how much damage the alt-right, Christofascists can do before Dotard disappears.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

And what's your name, little boy?

All I want for Christmas is your gold-plated chair and hair.  And for my uncle to quit doing so much coke off that glass table right there.  I don't even care if you remember my name.  Hell, I don't even think Eric knows my name.  

These unfortunate children.  They'll have to grow up and realize what a complete and utter piece of shit grandma was and almost drowned the country.  Their only sin was being born into a family that never should have happened.  

50 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

These unfortunate children.  They'll have to grow up and realize what a complete and utter piece of shit grandma was and almost drowned the country.  Their only sin was being born into a family that never should have happened.  

i am guessing these are Eric's children, but Jared and Ivanka's children get to double dip; both their granddaddies are felons.

pretty common, eh?

18 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i am guessing these are Eric's children, but Jared and Ivanka's children get to double dip; both their granddaddies are felons.

pretty common, eh?

Didn’t one grandpa pardon the other one too? Totally normal family stuff. 

• Haha 1