A story about a pathetic man's downfall [34 Felony Convictions]

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

lot of punchable faces here and dumb cunts 

he loves absentee voting now !!!!

Only for him though. All absentee votes for Biden need to be thrown out!

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

THE ART OF FOLLOWING DONALD TRUMP’S POLICIES

Q: How do we know what to do?

A: Just go with the last thing that he said!

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

They are all gone in Georgia, pretty much replaced by 5 Guys (home of the $20 burger).  In hindsight, it might have been myopic to tie your company's future to the mall at a time when malls were in fact in the process of dying.  

Yeah 5 Guys is a tad high, but you can get handfuls of peanuts and sweep the shells and dust all around you to create a protective cloud that make all those special-ass young families avoid you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

THE ART OF FOLLOWING DONALD TRUMP’S POLICIES

Q: How do we know what to do?

A: Just go with the last thing that he said!

What’s the saying, “every accusation is a confession”?   He never fails to find a new way to use the word ‘Swamp’.   When he has perpetual swamp-ass.  A crack filled with old shit, orange tanning fluid, bits of old diaper, sweat, and half a classified document.  

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Well who's gonna support the employees at the Times Square Olive Garden, Penelope?  You ever think of that?  They can't all brunch at your fancy Chelsea joints.  

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What, you think Penelope is NOT all-in on "bottomless salad and breadsticks?"  She's a woman who understands living well, and if Olive Garden bottomless salad and breadsticks ain't livin' well....shit, I don't wanna live in that world.

I spent the last two New Year's Eve at that Olive Garden in Times Square.  It is actually a whole lot of fun, and endless salad and breadsticks are not bad.  I should call my friend and one random day for lunch we should do that for lunch...with Rose.  Cause it is summer.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Somebody told him how many olds vote by mail.  I’ll be saving this for the next time somebody bitches about mail in voting, and I can ask them why they hate Donald Trump, because if he says it’s secure, I believe him!

Yeah, I always felt like that didn't get enough national coverage.  It's basically a lake with no current/tide.  There's another photo of a guy jumping off a jet ski with a drowning woman in the foreground.  And the drunk dude is clearly swimming towards the flag that fell of his Sea-Doo instead of trying to help the lady in peril.  Perfect imagery for Trump's approach to females suffering.  But I guess it's local bias.  

When we used to have an office in Lakeway, there was a boat dealer out there that at least gave it the old college try.  He had a line of I think it was Boston Whalers or Regals.  And he'd have like 5 of 'em outside.  And like Ford did with Eddie Bauer or King Ranch...they were decked out already with a "trump" package with MAGA flags and shit already pre-painted on the side and the center console was painted gold.  And some other goofy shit.  This was after the Lake Travis debacle but I wonder if he ever moved any of that product.  

Remember the movie "Carlito's Way" where Sean Penn and Al Pacino take Penn's big boat out to rescue that felon (IIRC it was Riker's).  There's gotta be a sequel in here somewhere which also ends in the felon drowning. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

There used to be a fuddruckers, a pluckers, and a shuck ‘n jive in the same center on north Greenville in big D. 

Shuck N Jive was and remains across the street.  Also a Texadelphia, which I think still remains.  Shake Shack in its place.

Friend of mine chowed down on crawfish and a few oysters at Shuck N Jive one night and then proceeded to shart himself at Stan's Blue Note on a very crowded night.

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Shuck N Jive was and remains across the street.  Also a Texadelphia, which I think still remains.  Shake Shack in its place.

Friend of mine chowed down on crawfish and a few oysters at Shuck N Jive one night and then proceeded to shart himself at Stan's Blue Note on a very crowded night.

Texadelphia is gone. The Thai place is still there I don’t know how they stay open

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Always preferred blue goose across the street

For sharting yourself?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Texadelphia is gone. The Thai place is still there I don’t know how they stay open

For sharting yourself?

For any and all weekend activities. 

mikes tree house or lone star oyster bar for the $1 beer Wednesdays 

Fuddruckers is one of those places we all have fond memories of from the 80's/90's but all stopped going to at some point. And now that it's gone, we lament its loss. Like seeing the fresh ground patties and cheeze whiz

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Man. Stan’s Blue Note. What a dive. 

53 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I was a Dubliner guy myself. Lived on llano around the corner for a year. Good times. 

On 6/3/2024 at 12:35 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

First I’ve heard that. I just know he’ll be an asshole because his whole family are assholes. 

It's been widely speculated that he's autistic. 

It's said that he doesn't like crowds, among other things.   So Trump played baseball in prep school, and was decent, according to reports.  To here him tell it, he would have been drafted but he told all the teams he was going to Wharton and wouldn't consider pro ball, so they passed on him.

Anyway, Trump goes to the world series, Trump considers himself a baseball guy, and Trump doesn't take his teenage kid with him.  I found that really weird. 

17 hours ago, Pancho said:

That’s fake.

However, his star has been smashed at least once, and vandalized repeatedly, such as being accessorized with poop.

image.jpeg.b45e799310de507c14043dac0ff43eee.jpeg

The best way to prevent damage is to put a barrier over it like this.

image.jpeg.1d2d8a82d669a472ef95345692dcfe16.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 7

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Csb the owner of Blue Goose (RIP) lives across the street from me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That one's gone now. Replaced by an upscale (i.e. more expensive) bistro style restaurant. 

10 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Good Lord, if I hang around this thread long enough, I’m gonna see you guys waxing sentimentally about not being able to go to the Ache and Stale anymore

We already covered the gloriousness of Steak & Ale - as well as Bennigans - in another thread.  Keep up, man.

• Drool 1

11 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Fuddruckers is one of those places we all have fond memories of from the 80's/90's but all stopped going to at some point. And now that it's gone, we lament its loss. Like seeing the fresh ground patties and cheeze whiz

Fudd's isn't gone.  There's one on Slaughter in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuddruckers conversation not going away.

It’s been more than 25 years since I ate a 1/3 pound burger smothered in cheese. (Was there a location off of 183?). I think my LDL went up 20 points just from that meal. 

15 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Fuddruckers conversation not going away.

It’s been more than 25 years since I ate a 1/3 pound burger smothered in cheese. (Was there a location off of 183?). I think my LDL went up 20 points just from that meal. 

There was one on Anderson Lane.  I know because I once got asked to leave the premises after getting into a food fight in the condiment line.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Sorry about putting my "mayonnaise" in your eye.  

Yeah, I hit that one up a couple times whilst working in the Arboretum.  I loved 'em as a kid in Chicago.  But moved to Texas and felt they were overrated.  I did love the do your own condiments bar thing back when.  I'm not anti-chain, it's just hard to feel sorry for closures of places that over-lease their spaces in a time when the model is dying.  Everybody laments the closure of their childhood favorite spots and then realizes they hadn't gone there in 20 years.  Such is the cycle.  

Also, imagine what Donald Trump would do with that massive self-serve ketchup dispenser.  It would end up looking like a bad episode of "Dexter."  

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:57 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

He has lost a presidential election, 60 cases related to that loss, a sexual assault civil trial, and now a criminal trial. He’s been proven a loser for years now, they just hand wave it away as all rigged because he said so. 

He’s a LOSER just like us!

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Fond memories of taking my daughter there when she was a toddler.  Pretty good burgers from what I remember.

It was one of our go-tos when our kids were young.  They knew us and took good care of us there.  When the Anderson location closed several years ago, that was pretty much the end of our Fuddrucker's days, as no other location was nearby.  

I did eat at the one in Kerrville a few years ago.  It was great.

• Drool 1

Posted (edited)

Just like the aftermath of the 2020 election, he’s acting like someone that knows there is supposed to be a fix and the outcome is predetermined. And 2016 actually.   I know that’s how he thinks and the narcissism requires that he knows he will win anything he participates in, but it’s jarring how little his campaign cares that he isn’t campaigning. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Fond memories of taking my daughter there when she was a toddler.  Pretty good burgers from what I remember.

my lasting memory of fuddrucker's was being there with my 4 year old when the newtown story broke.  it was hard to go back after that.  it was a usual friday lunch place for a while because she'd entertain herself on the video games even though i rarely put a quarter in,  great malts too.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Totally normal alpha male macho man genius financial wizard world’s greatest golfer billionaire ….

“Diggin’ the scene with a gangster lean…ohohoh”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1