A story about a pathetic man's downfall [34 Felony Convictions]

Francisco 2.0

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. I realize Trump went to Penn, but we all know how that happened and what his grades looked like while he was there. I have a hard time believing they couldn't find another relatively prestigious private school and possibly shoe-horned the kid into there. Northwestern, Brown, etc.

I'll be honest I'm shocked NYU even accepted the kid. 

It doesn't matter where the kid goes. If it's an elitist school he's going to get bullied anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I just like the idea of all that trash running around that place and destroying it.  Though one could argue there is already plenty of trash running around in there now.  

Oh no, I love the idea but, to be honest, I was just looking for an excuse--any excuse really--to post the gif of Aubrey Plaza being her delightfully devilish self and you gave me that excuse. I could've been more clever with my commentary to make it clearer or funnier, but I suspect watching her cute reaction to that stalk-o-sticky-icky momentarily left me without access to my full vocabulary.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I'm not sure how you could do this, but it would be fricking great if the Maga loons could be convinced that their orange hero is a hostage in Mar-a-lagoo and that they have to storm the place to "free" him.  

The HBO Original documentary STOPPING THE STEAL, directed by Emmy®- winning filmmaker Dan Reed (HBO’s “The Truth vs. Alex Jones”), debuts TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17 (9:00-10:29 p.m. ET/PT) on HBO and will be available to stream on Max. 

Synopsis: STOPPING THE STEAL is an inside account of President Trump’s challenge to the results of the 2020 presidential election as told by former White House staff and appointees, including former Attorney General William Barr, and elected Republican officials in Arizona and Georgia who resisted pressure to change the results of the vote in their states. 

Spoiler

Recounted in detail by former staff members of the Trump Administration, Republican political appointees, and elected state officials, STOPPING THE STEAL tracks the evolution of the movement to discredit the American election starting as early as July 2020 when the legitimacy of the election process began to be publicly questioned. Unfolding chronologically through to January 6, 2021, when an angry mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, the film explores the debunked claims of a stolen election including accusations of ballot tampering, alleged voting by illegal immigrants and deceased individuals, and hacking or malfunction of Dominion Voting Systems’ electronic ballot machines. As President Trump’s supporters pressure officials in Arizona and Georgia responsible for ratifying the count, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger recalls when he was told to find 11,000 additional votes for Trump, and Arizona Speaker of the House of Representatives Rusty Bowers describes getting a call from the White House urging him to further investigate the Maricopa County vote results despite any proof of malfeasance. STOPPING THE STEAL is a clear-eyed account of Republican officials who stood firmly by their principles often at great personal cost.

Featured Participants: Former U.S. Attorney General, William Barr (2019-2020); Vice President Mike Pence’s Chief of Staff, Marc Short (2019-2021); White House Director of Strategic Communications, Alyssa Farah Griffin (2020); Counsel to Mike Pence, Greg Jacob (2020-2021); Maricopa County Board of Supervisors appointees Clint Hickman, Steve Gallardo, and Bill Gates; Maricopa County recorder, Adrian Fontes (2017-2021); Trump campaign and White House official, Stephanie Grisham (2015-2021); Arizona Attorney General, Mark Brnovich (2015-2023); Arizona Representative, Mark Finchem (2015-2023); Arizona House of Representatives speaker, Rusty Bowers (2019-2023); Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger; Georgia Election Operations Manager, Gabriel Sterling; Trump attorney Dr. John Eastman (2020-2021); “QAnon Shaman,” Jacob Chansley; Arizona resident and videographer, Marko Trickovic. 

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hide contents

Recounted in detail by former staff members of the Trump Administration, Republican political appointees, and elected state officials, STOPPING THE STEAL tracks the evolution of the movement to discredit the American election starting as early as July 2020 when the legitimacy of the election process began to be publicly questioned. Unfolding chronologically through to January 6, 2021, when an angry mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, the film explores the debunked claims of a stolen election including accusations of ballot tampering, alleged voting by illegal immigrants and deceased individuals, and hacking or malfunction of Dominion Voting Systems’ electronic ballot machines. As President Trump’s supporters pressure officials in Arizona and Georgia responsible for ratifying the count, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger recalls when he was told to find 11,000 additional votes for Trump, and Arizona Speaker of the House of Representatives Rusty Bowers describes getting a call from the White House urging him to further investigate the Maricopa County vote results despite any proof of malfeasance. STOPPING THE STEAL is a clear-eyed account of Republican officials who stood firmly by their principles often at great personal cost.

Featured Participants: Former U.S. Attorney General, William Barr (2019-2020); Vice President Mike Pence’s Chief of Staff, Marc Short (2019-2021); White House Director of Strategic Communications, Alyssa Farah Griffin (2020); Counsel to Mike Pence, Greg Jacob (2020-2021); Maricopa County Board of Supervisors appointees Clint Hickman, Steve Gallardo, and Bill Gates; Maricopa County recorder, Adrian Fontes (2017-2021); Trump campaign and White House official, Stephanie Grisham (2015-2021); Arizona Attorney General, Mark Brnovich (2015-2023); Arizona Representative, Mark Finchem (2015-2023); Arizona House of Representatives speaker, Rusty Bowers (2019-2023); Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger; Georgia Election Operations Manager, Gabriel Sterling; Trump attorney Dr. John Eastman (2020-2021); “QAnon Shaman,” Jacob Chansley; Arizona resident and videographer, Marko Trickovic. 

No one who needs to see this will see it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Evidence in January 6 case against Trump could be released before election under new schedule

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/05/politics/january-6-case-evidence-release

This is gonna be fun.  Because of the immunity ruling, there will have to be an evidentiary hearing where the government essentially brings forth all of its evidence, ahead of trial, so that it can be examined to see if it wanders into immunity territory.  Trump is going to wind up hating the fuck out of that, as likely would any defendant.

Roberts really fucked the dog on that one.  Big. Time. Bro.  Possibly objectively the worst SCOTUS decision aspect of my lifetime.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is gonna be fun.  Because of the immunity ruling, there will have to be an evidentiary hearing where the government essentially brings forth all of its evidence, ahead of trial, so that it can be examined to see if it wanders into immunity territory.  Trump is going to wind up hating the fuck out of that, as likely would any defendant.

Roberts really fucked the dog on that one.  Big. Time. Bro.  Possibly objectively the worst SCOTUS decision aspect of my lifetime.

It's terrible to be sure.  But we have a SCOTUS that cranks out dogshit decisions faster than a dog cranks out actual dogshit, so....yeah, I'm still sticking with Bruen, which is perhaps the most tortured, unsupported and unsupportable pieces of legal "reasoning" I've ever read.  It creates the dumbest of all possible standards out of whole cloth, and THEN proceeds to utterly ignore the standard, taking a prooftexting approach that ignores any evidence of historical regulations that don't fit with the SCOTUS's pre-ordained outcome.  It's breathtakingly bad.  Like, it will be this century's Dred Scott-level bad.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

marvel-is-it-though.gif

There is quite a wide assortment of possible contenders: Dobbs, Bruen, Loper Bright Enterprises, Citizens United, etc., etc.

(ETA how could I have missed Bruen?!?

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he’s a complete fucking idiot ….

He can spew his idiocy to the Cletuses at his rallies and they eat it up.  The people at the NY Econ Club must just be sitting there going "this guy is the dumbest person in this room by a factor of 10."

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

He can spew his idiocy to the Cletuses at his rallies and they eat it up.  The people at the NY Econ Club must just be sitting there going "this guy is the dumbest person in this room by a factor of 10."

And yet, the vast majority will vote for him (and probably contribute to his campaign).

• Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

marvel-is-it-though.gif

There is quite a wide assortment of possible contenders: Dobbs, Bruen, Loper Bright Enterprises, Citizens United, etc., etc.

It is. Those decisions are all horrible, but the decision to give the president immunity from crimes is special and belongs all by itself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

And yet, the vast majority will vote for him (and probably contribute to his campaign).

Because, as smart as they are, their vote only boils down to one thing: 

Dax Shepard Money GIF

If they think a Trump tax cut for the rich will save them $1000, that's more than good enough to say fuck everyone and everything else. Shit, they'd do it for a $20.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

marvel-is-it-though.gif

I don't mean ideologically.   Set aside for a moment whether you want Trump to have any kind of immunity.  

You give him some, you give him a lot, but the notion that EVIDENCE of immune acts can't be used to prove, say motive or intent to commit non-immune crimes is astonishing.  Without precedent in sovereign immunity law.

And leads us to this:  forcing the government to reveal all of its evidence pre-trial.  Which sucks for the government, big time, but is also quite embarrassing for the defendant who has no opportunity at that point to vindicate him or herself.  

Dumb. Unnecessary. Unprecedented.  Unworkable.

Breuen is up there, though.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So, walked home from work today, which took me right up 5th by Trump Tower. Post "assassination attempt" there are tons of barricades there. Trump is a real fucking tough guy. Cannot wait for everyone associated with the orange shitgibbon to leave New York City permanantly. Fuck the whole family.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, walked home from work today, which took me right up 5th by Trump Tower. Post "assassination attempt" there are tons of barracades there. Trump is a real fucking tough guy. Cannot wait for everyone associated with the orange shitgibbon to leave New York City permanantly. Fuck the whole family.

Was hoping you'd say you copped a squat in the near vicinity or upper-deckered a toilet somewhere inside, but that would be unladylike.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't mean ideologically.   Set aside for a moment whether you want Trump to have any kind of immunity.  

You give him some, you give him a lot, but the notion that EVIDENCE of immune acts can't be used to prove, say motive or intent to commit non-immune crimes is astonishing.  Without precedent in sovereign immunity law.

And leads us to this:  forcing the government to reveal all of its evidence pre-trial.  Which sucks for the government, big time, but is also quite embarrassing for the defendant who has no opportunity at that point to vindicate him or herself.  

Dumb. Unnecessary. Unprecedented.  Unworkable.

Breuen is up there, though.

I was speaking jurisprudentially but ideologically works too. 

It’s like a Rogue’s Gallery and choosing the worst is virtually impossible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

marvel-is-it-though.gif

You forgot Heller, Shelby County v. Holder, NFIB v. Sebelius, Trump v. Hawaii, Janus, and a whole pile of shit that I can't even think about right now. 

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Because, as smart as they are, their vote only boils down to one thing: 

Dax Shepard Money GIF

If they think a Trump tax cut for the rich will save them $1000, that's more than good enough to say fuck everyone and everything else. Shit, they'd do it for a $20.

Oh, you’ve met my sister and BIL?

Trump was not doing his duty on January 6. Beyond being negligent in his constitutional duty of protecting this country from insurgents, he orchestrated efforts to remain in power even though he knew he lost. He encouraged the insurgency. We know this. The GOP know that we know. But we make-believe that we don't know and the GOP make-believe that they believe that we don't know, but know that we know. Everybody knows.

14 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Man I didn't even know that subway stops had colleges in them. 

That would be the Cortlandt station. I’m pretty sure there was a Trump University campus there, though.

When I was at Cortland the university, the bars had dime drafts and 25 cent pitchers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, respectively. 

14 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

marvel-is-it-though.gif

So many years later I’m still amazed that Leegin isn’t at the top of these lists. That’s when everyone should have seen what the Roberts court would be. They got the judges they wanted, and started lining up cases, and the entire power structure and pricing logic of the consumer economy gets upended, out of nowhere, with the stroke of a pen. 
All the bitching about producers role in inflation the last couple years and it seems like nobody recalls what made it possible. 
Insane.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, GopherRock said:

You forgot Heller, Shelby County v. Holder, NFIB v. Sebelius, Trump v. Hawaii, Janus, and a whole pile of shit that I can't even think about right now. 

I said etc., etc.

IMG_1566.gif.df51d4ed22b54b165fda81fad248089c.gif

RIP Lobo/YGIFS

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

8 hours ago, GopherRock said:

And don’t forget Haley v. United States. Haley 7, United States nothing!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Morning Joe is listening in on the appeal hearing in the E. Jean Carroll case.  D. John Sauer is dotard's mouthpiece and sounds like he's been taking vocal lessons from JFK Jr.  and the fast talker from the old FedEx commercials. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof