A story about a pathetic man's downfall [34 Felony Convictions]

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

So, not saying that every company on the stock exchange should be valued solely at a revenue multiplier or somesuch.....but when you have enterprises like DJT and Tesla where the massive valuation is completely decoupled from actual performance, it's fucking nonsense.

Not only that - it's a very real source of inflation. If elmo is able to secure loans against his paper valuation and then he spends that money, he's spending money that didn't exist in circulation before. It drives up asking prices for products because there's more fluid cash available 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, 'stache said:

I was a grill jockey, those were for the carhops, the cute ones especially. Downside was it's sort of awkward flirting when you smell like a deepfryer.

I worked at McD's   Blue Polyester unis.  It was guaranteed that if I had to make a stop on the way home.  I'd run into some girl I knew or REALLY wanted to know.  Embarrassed, grease covered, tired, and hat hair ... every time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I was a grill jockey, those were for the carhops, the cute ones especially. Downside was it's sort of awkward flirting when you smell like a deepfryer.

Counterpoint....the way you ended up smelling all day after eating lunch at Mike's Pub was magical.  You could walk by someone's office, and tell where they went for lunch.  It smelled so good.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint....the way you ended up smelling all day after eating lunch at Mike's Pub was magical.  You could walk by someone's office, and tell where they went for lunch.  It smelled so good.

Man, that place was the best. For a while there, it was my go-to Friday lunch spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Because it's all fake and imaginary....see below.

So much this.

And a dangerous amount of this.

Valuation in the stock market shouldn't be materially different than any other "business valuation."  I've litigated multiple cases where the value of a closely held enterprise was at issue.  Valuation is almost always done as some function of a revenue or earnings multiplier, or a discounted cash flow, something like that.  Yes, there can be some adder in there for "good will" or reasonable future potential....but it shouldn't be THE source of value, because that's just fucking imaginary bullshit.

So, not saying that every company on the stock exchange should be valued solely at a revenue multiplier or somesuch.....but when you have enterprises like DJT and Tesla where the massive valuation is completely decoupled from actual performance, it's fucking nonsense.

Yes, anything is worth what people will pay for it (so, DJT stock has been "worth" what people would pay -- today, that's apparently $12.40), but when you see such a decoupling from all performance and fundamentals, that highlights the "meme stock" vulnerability of any stock market.  If enough buyers are delusional, they can boost the share price of "We sell baggies of rancid shit, Inc., but nobody has yet bought a single baggie, and nobody is likely to do so" to $1,000 per share.  In that respect, stocks share the same vulnerability of tulip bulbs, beanie babies, crypto, etc.  Sure, it's worth $1,000 because enough of you say so....but if enough of you stop saying so, then it craters, and there are no fundamentals behind it as a backstop.  If you're holding DJT when it craters to $.02 per share, you aren't going to be bailed out by a liquidation of its assets, or a dividend based on its annual profits.  There's nothing there.  Zero.  It's all smoke and hocus pocus.

Counterpoint: We sell bags of shit Inc, offers discreet shipping anywhere,  anonymously, with a personalized note with every delivery.

I've purchased two this week.

One note said "Karma Motherfucker" and the other "fuck you."

Worth every penny. Business is booming.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Not only that - it's a very real source of inflation. If elmo is able to secure loans against his paper valuation and then he spends that money, he's spending money that didn't exist in circulation before. It drives up asking prices for products because there's more fluid cash available 

This is how bubbles are made.  

People with inflated home values cashing out collateral en mass to buy vacation/rental investment property driving up the price of every house.

Tech Boom

Enron

22 minutes ago, The Dog said:

guy on reddit bragging about making 60 grand US shorting DJT (and some weed stocks):

image.thumb.png.99e3f0e720b3e52792e562574247e2fd.png

who knows what he's having to pay to short though, that's the stupid shit about shorts is they never show you what you have to pay to short a stock. A lot of people aren't just gonna let you short the fuck out of it for free right now hell there's short sellers probably selling to other short sellers now it's a mess. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Because it's all fake and imaginary....see below.

So much this.

And a dangerous amount of this.

Valuation in the stock market shouldn't be materially different than any other "business valuation."  I've litigated multiple cases where the value of a closely held enterprise was at issue.  Valuation is almost always done as some function of a revenue or earnings multiplier, or a discounted cash flow, something like that.  Yes, there can be some adder in there for "good will" or reasonable future potential....but it shouldn't be THE source of value, because that's just fucking imaginary bullshit.

Yes, anything is worth what people will pay for it (so, DJT stock has been "worth" what people would pay -- today, that's apparently $12.40), but when you see such a decoupling from all performance and fundamentals, that highlights the "meme stock" vulnerability of any stock market.  If enough buyers are delusional, they can boost the share price of "We sell baggies of rancid shit, Inc., but nobody has yet bought a single baggie, and nobody is likely to do so" to $1,000 per share.  In that respect, stocks share the same vulnerability of tulip bulbs, beanie babies, crypto, etc.  Sure, it's worth $1,000 because enough of you say so....but if enough of you stop saying so, then it craters, and there are no fundamentals behind it as a backstop.  If you're holding DJT when it craters to $.02 per share, you aren't going to be bailed out by a liquidation of its assets, or a dividend based on its annual profits.  There's nothing there.  Zero.  It's all smoke and hocus pocus.

GameStop?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Anyone mentioned that Dotard came out and said that people that criticize the Supreme Court should go to jail?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-supreme-court-people-who-criticize-jailed-1235110537/

It was a minor story for a few minutes yesterday. Already forgotten (would be the biggest gaffe by a democratic presidential candidate since the time Howard Dean made a funny noise and dropped out in disgrace). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It was a minor story for a few minutes yesterday. Already forgotten (would be the biggest gaffe by a democratic presidential candidate since the time Howard Dean made a funny noise and dropped out in disgrace

This just shows how far have fallen 45-50% of the US population... there is no bottom (as brisket says).

And just how the US media have fallen. Ex: using terms like "far right" and "extremism" and "weird" to normalize Christian fascism and their outspoken call for a violent Biblical tyranny. They let MAGA and the GQP off easy far too much of the time. And the idiot world of Christianity gets a free pass all the time. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

It was a minor story for a few minutes yesterday. Already forgotten (would be the biggest gaffe by a democratic presidential candidate since the time Howard Dean made a funny noise and dropped out in disgrace). 

If the consequences weren’t so dire, I would love to see Kamala come out and just repeat word for word entire paragraphs said by Trump the same day and watch the media have a meltdown about how disqualifing her statements are, all while completely ignoring Trump.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Anyone mentioned that Dotard came out and said that people that criticize the Supreme Court should go to jail?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-supreme-court-people-who-criticize-jailed-1235110537/

2 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

This just shows how far have fallen 45-50% of the US population... there is no bottom (as brisket says).

And just how the US media have fallen. Ex: using terms like "far right" and "extremism" and "weird" to normalize Christian fascism and their outspoken call for a violent Biblical tyranny. They let MAGA and the GQP off easy far too much of the time. And the idiot world of Christianity gets a free pass all the time. 

That's because Dotard and Leon Musk both think of the concept of "free speech" and the 1st Amendment as whatever stupid shit they believe in that moment.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, South Austin said:

There's a reason why I didn't go into finance, but after operating at a loss for quite a while, how can this company even be valued at $2.5 billion.  Is it the office furniture?

It possesses the personal information of hundreds of thousands of morons, as well as hundreds of thousands of bots.  Now I doubt that information is worth $2.5B.  But it might be worth, say, tree-fiddy.

/signed, and English Major

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dcbc said:

/signed, and English Major

Hey, you're talking to a fellow English major, and one who barely passed his pass/fail Accounting for Non-Accounting Majors course my last semester of undergrad. 

In all fairness, I got early-admitted to UT Law the prior December, and by the time my Spring semester senior year rolled around, I was in full fuck-off mode.  Still, to this day I can't really tell you what a balance sheet is, or why, for some reason, it always balances.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I gave y'all two whole days, come back and still talking about burgers.

Would you like to hear about a great burger? The Champions Grill at Trump Doral does a pretty great deconstructed bunless burger called the “naked burger.”

It’s a half-pound chuck patty, more of a chopped steak really, topped with pesto, served with arugula salad, heirloom tomato lightly dressed with balsamic and olive oil, and a lump of burrata the size of a woman’s fist. 
It’s legit delicious, great for a hangover, and so good I ate it twice a day for two days in a row when I was there in 2017.

feast your eyes, people:

image.thumb.png.c669c5877bd2a688b42a8bed6c543510.png

IMG_8832.gif

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Hey, you're talking to a fellow English major, and one who barely passed his pass/fail Accounting for Non-Accounting Majors course my last semester of undergrad. 

In all fairness, I got early-admitted to UT Law the prior December, and by the time my Spring semester senior year rolled around, I was in full fuck-off mode.  Still, to this day I can't really tell you what a balance sheet is, or why, for some reason, it always balances.  

My brother!  I ended up taking accounting (to finish my business foundations "minor") at HCC after I walked.  I barely was hanging on and have never grade-grubbed in my life.  But I remember talking to the professor before our last exam that summer and telling him I had been accepted to law school and I needed this credit to graduate.  I promised him that I never would do any accounting or bookkeeping for anyone or any business if I just could squeak by in his class.  I did . . . barely.  And I've been true to my word since then.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was blissfully attending a wedding held on the Northern California coast enjoying the cool air and astonishing beauty of the place. I only heard vaguely of the golf course assassin. I saw about two minutes of FOX News howling about calling Trump a threat to democracy is putting his life in danger. 

Of course, they're absolutely right about labeling Trump a threat to democracy. He's made it clear that he's an enemy of democracy by:

• Denying fair election results.
  • Inciting an attack on the Capitol.
  • Publicly supporting Project 2025.

We won't stop speaking the truth because a villain worries about the backlash.

I caught wind of the McDonalds huge dire horrific story where a constant liar accuses his opponent with a baseless lie.

I'm so glad I missed this. I know the template. You know the template. I might have taken up arms.

13 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

They don't see the new paradigm. They're hide bound and lazy. They don't know how to be real journalists and report what they see and hear without running it through the template of presidential race coverage.

Every fucking story becomes, "Thanks, Dana. We'll be back in a minute with our panel to discuss how this might impact the polls."

Lazy. Stupid. Now dangerous.

12 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

whats all this bullshit about kamala saying she worked at a mcdonalds?

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

She worked at one. But trump and is insinuating she’s lying because she didn’t put it on her adult resume. 

Pete B. put an icepick through the eye of the media with his concise retort published above. He shames the media. He's fucking right. He's a great man that his country needs in any number of high level responsibilities including the White House.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

20 minutes ago, dcbc said:

My brother!  I ended up taking accounting (to finish my business foundations "minor") at HCC after I walked.  I barely was hanging on and have never grade-grubbed in my life.  But I remember talking to the professor before our last exam that summer and telling him I had been accepted to law school and I needed this credit to graduate.  I promised him that I never would do any accounting or bookkeeping for anyone or any business if I just could squeak by in his class.  I did . . . barely.  And I've been true to my word since then.

Co-sign.  and if you told me to pass calculus or my sons would die I would just kiss them and say “goodbye. Daddy loves you.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

What is most interesting to me at this point in time is how Netanyahu is trying to tilt the scales in Trumps favor.  Like Trump Netanyahu must stay in power, or he is likely going to be convicted and incarcerated.  But Netanyahu's recent excalations are having an effect. In trying to help Donald Trump, in two ways. First he makes it impossible for the Biden/Harris administration to do much of anything before the election, to counteract Netanyahu's decision to push closer to a regional war.  Which in turn hurts Harris in Michigan, with it;s large Muslim population.  In essence it drives a wedge into turnout and support amoung this demographic.

Secondly instability and responsibility usually fall on the incumbent.  

If you doubt my assertions, look at the DJT stock price.  After heading towards this shitter, likes it's balance sheet, the stock is again rising.  Thanks Netanhayu.  

It's amazing that both Isreal and the United States we allowed be led by men as completely corrupt and amoral as Trump and Netanyahu.  But that's where we are today.  Trump is praying for a wider way in the Middle East to help sell chaos.  And he has a willing participant in Netanyahu, how will do anything and sacrifice every single hostage, to preserve his own personal freedom.  Everything and everyone else is collateral damage.  Exactly like Donald J. Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

I think it's funny that some of you actually think that the ramblings of a misinformed man are "policies." 

If that's the case Trump is in a fantastic position.  As he holds both sides of every single issue.  All you have to do is wait, and he will say nearly the exact opposite of what he said previously.  Some folks actually probably believe that Trump was going to unveil a Republican helthcare plan in two weeks.... 6 years ago.....

No shit. He's devolved into a candidate telling whatever his audience wants to hear at that particular time and then promising the exact opposite to the next group.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No shit. He's devolved into a candidate telling whatever his audience wants to hear at that particular time and then promising the exact opposite to the next group.

that was the norm back in the day.  McCullough’s excellent biography of Truman talked about him going to rural areas of Missouri and saying one thing - and then going to the big cities and saying the opposite.   They did not allow unfriendly reporters to accompany them, and there were no cell phones to record stump speeches.   To a great extent that was always normal politics - at least until we had the ability to record every word out of a politicians mouth, no matter where he or she went.