A story about a pathetic man's downfall [34 Felony Convictions]

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, horn4life said:

I think it's funny that some of you actually think that the ramblings of a misinformed man are "policies." 

If that's the case Trump is in a fantastic position.  As he holds both sides of every single issue.  All you have to do is wait, and he will say nearly the exact opposite of what he said previously.  Some folks actually probably believe that Trump was going to unveil a Republican helthcare plan in two weeks.... 6 years ago.....

I think everything he says is pure bullshit. The problem is the 70+ million people do believe everything he says, even when it's the exact opposite of what he just said, and many of those live in states where the election may be decided by less than 100k votes. There is no sensible reason why he's still a viable candidate, other than people are fucking idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, horn4life said:

What is most interesting to me at this point in time is how Netanyahu is trying to tilt the scales in Trumps favor.  Like Trump Netanyahu must stay in power, or he is likely going to be convicted and incarcerated.  But Netanyahu's recent excalations are having an effect. In trying to help Donald Trump, in two ways. First he makes it impossible for the Biden/Harris administration to do much of anything before the election, to counteract Netanyahu's decision to push closer to a regional war.  Which in turn hurts Harris in Michigan, with it;s large Muslim population.  In essence it drives a wedge into turnout and support amoung this demographic.

Secondly instability and responsibility usually fall on the incumbent.  

If you doubt my assertions, look at the DJT stock price.  After heading towards this shitter, likes it's balance sheet, the stock is again rising.  Thanks Netanhayu.  

It's amazing that both Isreal and the United States we allowed be led by men as completely corrupt and amoral as Trump and Netanyahu.  But that's where we are today.  Trump is praying for a wider way in the Middle East to help sell chaos.  And he has a willing participant in Netanyahu, how will do anything and sacrifice every single hostage, to preserve his own personal freedom.  Everything and everyone else is collateral damage.  Exactly like Donald J. Trump.

Usually, having some kind of "existential enemy" galvanizes a country and keeps it sort of on its toes, see the Cold War and the fact that we've been sort of lackadaisical nationally since its end.

Trump has made up such an existential enemy in vague terms of non-whites, non-Christians, and Democrats as a whole.  Although Israel has real, but ineffectual, existential enemies, Bibi has exaggerated them and provoked and even lain behind the log to create a tail wags dog scenario.

But those who see clearly see that it is Trump himself that is the existential enemy.

Fuckers.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Usually, having some kind of "existential enemy" galvanizes a country and keeps it sort of on its toes, see the Cold War and the fact that we've been sort of lackadaisical nationally since its end.

Trump has made up such an existential enemy in vague terms of non-whites, non-Christians, and Democrats as a whole.  Although Israel has real, but ineffectual, existential enemies, Bibi has exaggerated them and provoked and even lain behind the log to create a tail wags dog scenario.

But those who see clearly see that it is Trump himself that is the existential enemy.

Fuckers.

Great post. Trump didn't make them up, though. The menace of liberals and the redefinition of that word to just mean evil doers was the creation of Rush and Ronnie. 

Liberals were/are the new Juden. In many ways, if not in all ways, it works even better than choosing an group that really exists. The illusory liberal looks like you and me! They may be anywhere! 

You lap up that vomit long enough and it gets into the bloodstream and the brain.

This is how they'd have it:

But I doubt enough of them have the stones in a heavily armed county to pull a Krystal Nacht.

Odd. The guns they want to protect family and county would be turned on them to actually fulfill that role.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Great post. Trump didn't make them up, though. The menace of liberals and the redefinition of that word to just mean evil doers was the creation of Rush and Ronnie. 

Liberals were/are the new Juden. In many ways, if not in all ways, it works even better than choosing an group that really exists. The illusory liberal looks like you and me! They may be anywhere! 

You lap up that vomit long enough and it gets into the bloodstream and the brain.

This is how they'd have it:

But I doubt enough of them have the stones in a heavily armed county to pull a Krystal Nacht.

Odd. The guns they want to protect family and county would be turned on them to actually fulfill that role.

Never forget that Roger Waters is now a fascist. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fuckers.

I think someone forgot to tell Russia they lost the cold war.  I think the US has been celebrating a win up 16-10 while the GRU has been running the HUNH deep in the forth.  And "conservatives" are chasing the coach around with the Gatoraide bucket whilst he's trying to get the team to finish the game.

tl/dr  - Mission Accomplished.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Never forget that Roger Waters is now a fascist. 

Yep, bitched about rich people and authoritarians and I guess gazing into that abyss too long turned him into the monster.

Lesson learned - don't be a Roger, be a Dave, Nick, or Rick.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Co-sign.  and if you told me to pass calculus or my sons would die I would just kiss them and say “goodbye. Daddy loves you.”

I made higher grades in three levels of calculus, differential equations and applied mathematics than accounting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I made higher grades in three levels of calculus, differential equations and applied mathematics than accounting. 

10 minutes ago, G650 said:

Calculus was pretty easy except DiffEq. Fuck that noise

The harder the math got, the easier it was for me. Same with accounting weirdly enough.

8 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Fuck all this math shit.  Math and numbers are why this UT business major became a history major.  I can't count past 10 unless I take my shoes off. 

My wife has a bachelors in meteorology, a masters in meteorology and was 3 hours from having a double major in math.  That's all I have. She helps the kids with their math homework.   

I stay in my lane.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

My wife has a bachelors in meteorology, a masters in meteorology and was 3 hours from having a double major in math.  That's all I have. She helps the kids with their math homework.   

I stay in my lane.

I was always good in algebra, geometry, trig, whatever...but calculus ended my college career.  Maybe I should have met that movie character who taught the L.A. ghetto kids to be calculus experts.

Hey, you're talking to a fellow English major, and one who barely passed his pass/fail Accounting for Non-Accounting Majors course my last semester of undergrad. 
In all fairness, I got early-admitted to UT Law the prior December, and by the time my Spring semester senior year rolled around, I was in full fuck-off mode.  Still, to this day I can't really tell you what a balance sheet is, or why, for some reason, it always balances.  

Unscientific survey -
How many lawyers here were also English majors?

[raises hand - English/Spanish]
  • Hook 'Em 1

Co-sign.  and if you told me to pass calculus or my sons would die I would just kiss them and say “goodbye. Daddy loves you.”

I started at a math and science school. I promptly realized those around me were all gifted in such a way that all the studying in the world would never close the gap between my struggles and their natural mathematical abilities. I also realized there was like one woman in the room and I was clearly too dumb for her, never mind what my standards at the time may have been.
  • Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Fuck all this math shit.  Math and numbers are why this UT business major became a history major.  I can't count past 10 unless I take my shoes off. 

Is that you Jason Pierre-Paul? 

12 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Unscientific survey -

Major in poli-sci and a minor in Environmental Studies.  No math was involved in the latter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just finished The Situation Room book by George Stephanopoulos. The differences between the chapters on Obama and Biden vs. Trump are frightening. It really illustrates how much of a reactionary moron Trump is. I wish every undecided voter could read just that chapter and then decide which choice is better. The man is nothing but chaos.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Just finished The Situation Room book by George Stephanopoulos. The differences between the chapters on Obama and Biden vs. Trump are frightening. It really illustrates how much of a reactionary moron Trump is. I wish every undecided voter could read just that chapter and then decide which choice is better. The man is nothing but chaos.

Thanks.  Just ordered this.

4 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

My son's roommate is transferring from McComb's to Liberal Arts next semester to major in history.  But not because of calculus.

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Unscientific survey -

English Major, here.  BA 96, JD 99

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

BA 95, JD 00

We probably had classes together. 

Most memorable I had were taught by Bump, Graham, and, the GOAT, Adams.

But I feel like I would have remembered having a Mr. Fuck in my class.  Then again . . .

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, dcbc said:

My son's roommate is transferring from McComb's to Liberal Arts next semester to major in history.  But not because of calculus.

That's what I did (Pre-McCombs though).  Went from Business to History and then spent my entire career in... Business.

• Hook 'Em 2

Most memorable I had were taught by Bump, Graham, and, the GOAT, Adams.

But I feel like I would have remembered having a Mr. Fuck in my class.  Then again . . .

Had Graham for Life and Literature of the Southwest and WWII in Literature and Film. Talked my way into the second as I was not a Normandy Scholar. Looking around the class that was a huge fail on my part because it was full of hotties who gave zero fucks about WWII and were just looking for someone else to pay for their junket to France.
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Had Graham for Life and Literature of the Southwest and WWII in Literature and Film. Talked my way into the second as I was not a Normandy Scholar. Looking around the class that was a huge fail on my part because it was full of hotties who gave zero fucks about WWII and were just looking for someone else to pay for their junket to France.

Is that so?

tumblr_nkjfizN8Xf1rblxsdo1_400.gif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Unscientific survey -

No English major, but I took E316K in '96 and somehow made an A. The professor was old as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Bookman said:

No English major, but I took E316K in '96 and somehow made an A. The professor was old as fuck. 

Sounds like Kaulbach (sp)? If it was I might have been in that same class and the grading was 1/3 attendance, 1/3 a paper you could re-write until you were satisfied with the grade and 1/3 a test. He told the whole class the first day that if you didn't get an A on the test you were a fucking moron.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, strangulation! said:

Sounds like Kaulbach (sp)? If it was I might have been in that same class and the grading was 1/3 attendance, 1/3 a paper you could re-write until you were satisfied with the grade and 1/3 a test. He told the whole class the first day that if you didn't get an A on the test you were a fucking moron.

I think there were a couple 316Ks. This was British Lit. He specifically said we had to read Chaucer in Middle English only and I gave up on that shit after a couple hours. I felt sufficiently bad about it at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I think there were a couple 316Ks. This was British Lit. He specifically said we had to read Chaucer in Middle English only and I gave up on that shit after a couple hours. I felt sufficiently bad about it at the time. 

I'm sure there were multiple 316Ks. Kaulbach was awesome, albeit incredibly politically incorrect, even at that time.

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

I took his SW Lit class.  Lots of fantastic reading in that one.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Bookman said:

In History of the English Language, we had to recite 40 lines or so of Canterbury Tales in Middle English.  That was, by far, the worst English class I took.  I should have taken grammar instead.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

That was posted 36 hours ago and I still haven't heard anyone in the media raise a question about his fitness for office.  Hmmm

Oh, c'mon. They're just being balance and fair. 

Trump is a constant and malign liar who declares Kamala lied about a job she had as a youth.

Which is the bigger story? Of course, it's did Kamala really work the fry machine? It's a presidential election and we can't have dishonest people running for that high office. Waddaya know, Kamala did work where she said she did (what an odd thing to lie about that would be! Turns out Trump was lying making unsubstantiated claims or mistatements of fact.

There are likely a dozen repeated quotes from Trump about setting aside the Constitution, jailing the press, imprisoning persons who speak against a (MAGA) Supreme Court judge, denying election results, laying down 100% tarriffs on targeted companies, befriending and admiring dictators, oh and generated a treasonous mob attack on the Capitol while Kamala hasn't included enough details from her 80 page policy stance into her speeches to satisfy the baseless charge that she's too vague.

Which is the bigger story. You get the picture.

Now that the Dems have come to life, the other bastion against abuse of power and purely wicked intent remains lazy and narrow-minded. At least the news media are proving something I've said for a long time: most news outlets are not politically prejudiced. They're just shitty at their jobs.

It's okay to report what you actually see and hear. There is no doubt whatsoever that Trump wants to turn a republic into a fiefdom. That's not a campaign issue. It doesn't require "balance" if it is obviously true to begin with. This and likely climate catastrophe are the biggest stories since WW2. Give reporting about them a shot. Please.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, dcbc said:

He was probably my favorite professor of all times.  After I'd graduated, at least once a year I'd stop by the coop and peruse the shelves just to see what he had on the syllabus.  I'd usually wind up buying a bunch of books.  So I'm sure there were several times when he thought he'd actually ordered the right number, but he hadn't because he didn't know I was buying them and some students came up short.  Oh well? 

That all ended when it all went electronic. Sad Chad.

[Shakes fist and shouts at clouds]

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

Given your username, ye shouldst feel bad.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, dcbc said:

yeah, i believe that's where i was introduced to the grand Cormac McCarthy via Blood Meridian and i've never been the same since lol

• Hook 'Em 3