Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

I don't "care" so much as I find it fascinating how much we, as a society, value people who essential play kids' games.  And how much that value has increased in a relatively short period of time.

I guess I'm the only one, which is cool.

Edit:  I guess it hits home for me because I remember how proud my dad was that he earned as much as Roger back then without a college degree.  I can't see that happening now.

See Dell, Michael

4 minutes ago, royiv said:

How do you become an architect without a college degree?

He wasn't an architect.  His company did architectural delineation.  Basically, they painted pictures of what the building would look like when it was finished.

It's all done by computers now, but they used to hand paint them back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

LOL. Don't poke the bear, Baker. Tom's petty enough to come out of retirement for your job.

Baker clarified but it don’t make a shit.  Tom Brady may be the only guy out there that carries a chip on his shoulder like MJ, even after winning at unprecedented levels.  

Ole Baker doing ok though.  Curse of Cleveland.  Was destined to do well after those clowns jettisoned him to give Houston all those picks for the right to give Watson the most guaranteed money ever.  LOL

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Baker clarified but it don’t make a shit.  Tom Brady may be the only guy out there that carries a chip on his shoulder like MJ, even after winning at unprecedented levels.  

Ole Baker doing ok though.  Curse of Cleveland.  Was destined to do well after those clowns jettisoned him to give Houston all those picks for the right to give Watson the most guaranteed money ever.  LOL

I can't hate Baker even with his dirty Sooner Longhorn trolling crap. After what happened in Cleveland, for him to follow Tom Brady in Tampa and persevere the way he is, good for him. I'm also a fan of him taking a contract that actually makes fucking sense for his skill level and not holding the team over a barrel.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I can't hate Baker even with his dirty Sooner Longhorn trolling crap. After what happened in Cleveland, for him to follow Tom Brady in Tampa and persevere the way he is, good for him. I'm also a fan of him taking a contract that actually makes fucking sense for his skill level and not holding the team over a barrel.

Baker is an over rated systems QB who folds like a lawn chair under pressure. 

43 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah man, our next game is vs ousux. I suppose one could fall into the camp of moving on...

I sure as shit don't and won't. Perhaps you should head to the fair in 2 weeks and ponder your position over a cup of beer and corn dog while experiencing the hate that is ousux and it's fans.

Pretty sure that will cure what ails you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Baker is an over rated systems QB who folds like a lawn chair under pressure. 

True.  But he’s still a top 20 QB.  There’s less than 10 guys at the QB position who aren’t coming with some serious knock like what you describe.  

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

True.  But he’s still a top 20 QB.  There’s less than 10 guys at the QB position who aren’t coming with some serious knock like what you describe.  

No doubt on the limited field of NFL QBs. Unfortunately for Baker every year 2-3 qbs that can actually read a defense first,  come to play. Many more now w his scramble skill set. Fields, Love, Stroud, Daniels to name a few are everything Baker wishes he was and then some. None of which were systems QBs which is why they can actually find open receivers before they take off. Mahomes was a systems QB but he actually does see the entire field and he is not fast enough to run out of trouble. That is who Baker should be trying to be.  I do not think Baker is fast enough, or powerful enough to get out of trouble, he just has not accepted that fact and has not changed his game to meet reality. Or maybe he can’t and this is all he is.

45 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah man, our next game is vs ousux. I suppose one could fall into the camp of moving on...

I sure as shit don't and won't. Perhaps you should head to the fair in 2 weeks and ponder your position over a cup of beer and corn dog while experiencing the hate that is ousux and it's fans.

Pretty sure that will cure what ails you.

Don't worry. I have 2 weeks to lock my Baker hate right in.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

No doubt on the limited field of NFL QBs. Unfortunately for Baker every year 2-3 qbs that can actually read a defense first,  come to play. Many more now w his scramble skill set. Fields, Love, Stroud, Daniels to name a few are everything Baker wishes he was and then some. None of which were systems QBs which is why they can actually find open receivers before they take off. Mahomes was a systems QB but he actually does see the entire field and he is not fast enough to run out of trouble. That is who Baker should be trying to be.  I do not think Baker is fast enough, or powerful enough to get out of trouble, he just has not accepted that fact and has not changed his game to meet reality. Or maybe he can’t and this is all he is.

I think all that is much easier said than done.  This is who he is.  It’s average for an nfl starting QB.  And that’s pretty damn good for where this little scrub came from.  

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I like Baker Mayfield. My older daughter met him at a party and talked crap with him, and he talked shit right back to her, and they both laughed about it. I'm glad he is having success now.

Still, that was pretty boneheaded, unnecessary comment, even for him about Brady, and Brady roasted him right back pretty good.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Signing Watson is the most Cleveland Browns thing of all time, and that's saying quite a lot.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Nah, fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Drafting Johnny Manziel on the advice of a homeless guy can't be any worse than tied for #1

Yeah, at least Watson can play quarterback at a high level.  And I'm not even sure all the public dick waving is considered uncouth in Cleveland.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I like Baker Mayfield. My older daughter met him at a party and talked crap with him, and he talked shit right back to her, and they both laughed about it. I'm glad he is having success now.

Still, that was pretty boneheaded, unnecessary comment, even for him about Brady, and Brady roasted him right back pretty good.

Yup, that was just dumb. I get what he was trying to say, but that's a foot in mouth moment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah but those guys aren’t insufferable twat goblins who eat smegma and bologna sandwiches while ‘batin to Sweating to the Oldies and snacking on nachos, Flanders style.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

The nfl QB has done nothing but non stop talk shit to current Texas players then says that? Texas lives rent free in your brain you fucking moron.

Yeah, Baker is a stupid motherfucker. Not much gets through a skull that thick. And now he can’t get Texas out of it. 

Here’s hoping for a career ending injury so people will stop giving him airtime. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Um Baker OU is our fucking arch-rival of course you live in our heads. We want pain and suffering and defeat for you and your shitty alma mater.

What Baker can’t come to grips with is that we didn’t want him. And we still don’t. And my guess is that his parents also hate him. 

Baker is a dickbag. He was in HS and he still is now. It’s ok to be a dick bag. Just don’t be shocked that no one likes you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck Baker Mayfield. Fuck OU. 

Yeah.  He’s good for the rivalry that’s gonna be one sided again.  For you all this time.  Wish Dallas would trade Dak for his ass.  At least Dak gave Jerry a good bday gift.  

On 9/30/2024 at 5:08 AM, Pam Cummings said:

I'm also a fan of him taking a contract that actually makes fucking sense for his skill level and not holding the team over a barrel.

yeah it was noble of him not to demand 55/year.  the bucs would’ve caved!  it would have really hindered their cap going forward. 

• Haha 1