Fishing Megathread: Looking For Big Girls Who swallow

Mac8111

Not great for the kind of fishing trips I do but if I ever had to run a center console that would be the one. Amazing boat man. Congrats.

Yeah, definitely a different type of fishing. I don’t get to spend as much time on the coast as I’d like, so getting out there fast is important. Also, my kids don’t have a huge attention span for trolling at this point, but are usually fired up for a snapper trip.

Can’t wait for the fall to get it out to Perdido.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, tequila said:

Yeah, definitely a different type of fishing. I don’t get to spend as much time on the coast as I’d like, so getting out there fast is important. Also, my kids don’t have a huge attention span for trolling at this point, but are usually fired up for a snapper trip.

Can’t wait for the fall to get it out to Perdido.

I fish on a buddy's 38 foot cat hull with twin 250s.  We leave in the evening and kind of slow roll out 100 to 130 miles from Freeport to conserve fuel.  And it's a good opportunity to bullshit on the way out.  Troll most of the day.  On the way back, we haul ass back outside of hitting a couple snapper spots.

On 6/16/2024 at 9:45 AM, tequila said:

My 12 year caught a nice Cobia on our second trip out on the new (to us) Freeman out of Port Aransas. 

Coincidentally, i specialize in tequila, amazing true stories, exceptional tall tales, and have a plethora of damn fine dirty jokes you have never heard before!  That one day you are gonna go out solo to fix, mount or test something and everyone is busy at the last second think of the sentence above! 😉

Hey! Can't hurt to at least make a pitch! 

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

Coincidentally, i specialize in tequila, amazing true stories, exceptional tall tales, and have a plethora of damn fine dirty jokes you have never heard before!  That one day you are gonna go out solo to fix, mount or test something and everyone is busy at the last second think of the sentence above! 😉

Hey! Can't hurt to at least make a pitch! 

But how are you at washing and waxing 40’ of catamaran? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, MalibuSheriff said:

My son and I are headed out to Wyoming this week on rambling trip fly fishing and camping in pursuit of the Wyoming Cutt-Slam:

IMG_4297.thumb.jpeg.fba107dbbae27450e62be428af44a38d.jpeg

Hopefully no grizzly bears in our future as both Snake River and Yellowstone cutt streams are in serious grizz country.

I did this recently with my family.  It was an absolute blast. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the watersheds. Hopefully the water levels aren't too high for y'all.      

• Like 1

11am to 1pm with a little time to kill.  Usually not the best time mid summer but I guess the full moon underfoot was helpful.  Two twin reds right at 20 and a nice fat trout at 19.  

IMG_2440.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zwylde said:

11am to 1pm with a little time to kill.  Usually not the best time mid summer but I guess the full moon underfoot was helpful.  Two twin reds right at 20 and a nice fat trout at 19.  

IMG_2440.jpeg

You are under arrest! Clearly that trout is over 20 inches! 😉

On 6/23/2024 at 7:05 PM, Zwylde said:

IMG_2440.jpeg

Well done.  I talked myself out of leaving the canal all weekend. 

not uncommon.   That’s a lot of fiberglass pushing on a lot of aluminum.  

If you can afford that boat you can afford two more tires on the back of your truck. I’d stay way the fuck away from that guy on the road in traffic.

I had a 250 searay back in the day with an aluminum trailer and it weighed 9k with fuel and all my shit on the boat. Towed it with a 7.3 f250. Had a few tards cutting me off or braking hard. No way I would tow that thing with a single rear axle.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

If you can afford that boat you can afford two more tires on the back of your truck. I’d stay way the fuck away from that guy on the road in traffic.

I had a 250 searay back in the day with an aluminum trailer and it weighed 9k with fuel and all my shit on the boat. Towed it with a 7.3 f250. Had a few tards cutting me off or braking hard. No way I would tow that thing with a single rear axle.

Im not in disagreement, just noting it’s not uncommon. I’m sure the trailer has some good brakes, but bags and duals on the back would be ideal.   I’m guessing it sits in a canal on a lift more often than not?  Either way, lots of potential for tail wagging the dog there 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 1