Fishing Megathread: Looking For Big Girls Who swallow

Mac8111

On 8/26/2024 at 7:46 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Have a buddy who owns one of these and swears it's stable enough to stand up in and claims to do so frequently.

https://www.nrs.com/nrs-pike-inflatable-fishing-kayak/p64e

I floated the San Marcos with a few people, one of which was in an inflatable kayak.  He was able to stand up and cast his fly rod - however, he was a little fella.  I'm 6'4", 245 and it will take an exceptionally stable kayak for me to stand up and cast.

Another guy was fishing from a combo paddle board / kayak thing.  He's a big guy, so no standing.  It did fine in the flat water, but he dumped right over in the rapids because he couldn't keep it pointed down hill.

Great win today, didn’t watch but will watch the replay tomorrow.

Decided to fish again tomorrow. Wasn’t planning on it but made that call after getting to the dock this evening. Late in the day we found some really good water and bait. And got this footage. Best we’ve ever had, even the drone guy was pumped up and he droned a million dollar marlin on the 4th of July. Had a few people say they can’t see our uploaded videos, so here’s YouTube. Overall 5/7 sails, 1/2 blue marlin so a little slower than it has been this summer, but enough to make us want to wake up in 6 hours and get back at it again.

Longer version

Edited by justhookit
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 2:36 PM, TexasHooch said:

That's a pretty fish.  My pumpkin seed was caught on Pelican Lake in central Minnesota.  We were targeting walleye with a slip bobber and leach setup, but my fish was actually in the middle of a school of crappies.  

The record is apparently 10.25 Inches.  Mine was exactly 10.0.  I wish I would have gotten a weight cause he was fat.

I've fished Pelican Lake. Central Minnesota is generous. You can hit Fargo with a rock.