Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

9 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Brenen Thompson's mom is a Sark hater.

"Plus everybody knows Sark is a hypocrite!"

image.png

Any truth to those numbers? I have no knowledge of anything Texas NIL. 

I have no knowledge either, but I’m going to say with 99% certainty that these numbers are utter bullshit.
Absolute bullshit. Let's just say by some outside chance he was offered a few NIL opportunities and it does come close to that number, who tf leaks that?

His dad is an ex NBA player and knows better, (I mean they could be trying to increase his value, but doubt it) Sark and everyone associated with the program aren't involved in NIL beyond directing recruits to people who can help them. I don't think one single business or whatever offered a high school soph that kind of money for anything, but even if they did would they really brag about it? That shit "leaked" almost immediately after his visit which reeks of aggy or some other scared SEC fanbase.

On 6/19/2024 at 9:57 AM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

the correct mode of thinking at Texas is that the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the one on the back.

I wouldn't mind if we extended this tradition to all of our sports:

image.thumb.png.e7285fd365e4c744abdafe681f6cda0e.png

• Drool 1

15 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Brenen Thompson's mom is a Sark hater.

"Plus everybody knows Sark is a hypocrite!"

image.png

Even if true, a QB is going to get more NIL $$$ than a D-lineman. A lot more. So comparing Dia Bell to Damonic Williams is idiotic.  

On 4/23/2024 at 5:51 PM, LTtxfan said:

Since Sark hired him... 

Torre Becton Texas’ Director of Football Performance on Building a Winning Culture 

3rd & Longhorn        38 minutes ago

Torre asked her to come to Texas... part of the "High Performance Team"

Sam Contorno (Assoc. Director of Applied Sports Science) on What Sets Texas Apart 

3rd & Longhorn

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Sark gets it, we are the hunted...

EMBRACE THE HATE🤘

🏈 Will TEXAS become the SEC’s most hated team?

Bwahahahahhah!

Buncha fuckin' crybabies, gotta love it.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/4/2024 at 2:19 PM, LTtxfan said:

EMBRACE THE HATE🤘

I hope so, bc that means we're beating up on some rednecks and hillbillies.

We ain't here to make friends. Fuck 'em all.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Ah...the old "Texas is going to try to tell everyone what to do" narrative. Love it. Rent free and we haven't even played a down. 

The Texas brass will make suggestions on what to do. And I am sure they will be heard.

Who doesn’t pay attention to the richest guy in the room? It would be moronic not to listen.

That guy annoys the hell out of me.  The idea that Sark was a reach because he was being hired as Texas HC from Bama OC completely ignores his HC experience at UDub and USC, and while he didn't set the world on fire at either place, he did well, and was fired for non-football reasons.  Just ignoring that is an editorial felony.  He barely mentioned anything about his "personal problems" and how that changed the narrative and career arc.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

That guy annoys the hell out of me.  The idea that Sark was a reach because he was being hired as Texas HC from Bama OC completely ignores his HC experience at UDub and USC, and while he didn't set the world on fire at either place, he did well, and was fired for non-football reasons.  Just ignoring that is an editorial felony.  He barely mentioned anything about his "personal problems" and how that changed the narrative and career arc.

Pate is the worst of the college football commentators, except for all the others.

• Hook 'Em 4

Red Zone scoring is key for 2024 Offense

"To get Texas where he wants it to be, Steve Sarkisian has to get the football across the goal line"

ZACH BARNETT       JUL 17, 2024

Texas famously enjoyed a breakthrough season in 2023, but that season ended before it could have because of a deficiency that was a problem until the bitter end. As in, literally the last snap of the entire season.

The Longhorns finished 120th in red zone touchdown percentage last season. Texas moved into the red area 61 times across 14 games, which tied (ironically, with Texas A&M and Texas State) for 12th nationally. But they converted only 31 chances into six points, which tied for 48th in raw numbers but was 13th from the bottom in percentage -- 120th out of 133. This, after ranking fourth in 2022. 

Texas accomplished that abysmal number despite sporting a lineup sent three wide receivers, a tight end and two running backs to the NFL draft last spring, and returns a quarterback and a left tackle anticipated to go highly in next spring's draft. 

How is that possible, Steve Sarkisian? 

"I think that's probably the byproduct of a few things," he said at SEC media days Wednesday. "Any time you lose a top-10 (draft pick) at running back, that's probably going to affect your play. We lost Roschon Johnson, too, who was a great player. Every year is different. We missed some opportunities that I thought we could have taken advantage of. The play-caller, me, probably tried too hard."

Texas's losses to Oklahoma and Washington came by four and six points apiece. Texas came away empty in red zone trips at one point in both contest.

Against Oklahoma, Texas was staked with a 1st-and-goal at the 1-yard line trailing 27-20 early in the fourth quarter, but failed to move the required three feet in four chances. 

Texas eventually took a 30-27 lead, but lost the game 34-30 on a Sooner touchdown pass with 15 seconds remaining. Oklahoma also snared an interception at its own goal line in the first quarter of the game. 

"You just get back to the drawing board," Sarkisian said. "Every year you have places you want to work on. We've definitely done that. I think we've got enough versatility in our offense to be effective in the red area, and we're going to need to be. We work way too hard to get ourselves all the way down there, not to put the ball in the end zone."

The issues started before UT's annual midseason rivalry game, and extended long after. The national average was a shade above 60 percent in 2023; Texas finished below that number nine times in 14 games. Lowlights included 2-for-5 vs. Rice, 0-for-3 against Oklahoma; 2-for-5 vs. BYU; 1-for-4 in a double overtime survival of Kansas State; and a baffling 3-for-8 in an otherwise emphatic demolition of Texas Tech. 

"Any time you don't score on the goal line, two groups get criticized," Sarkisian said. "One is the offensive line, two is the play-caller. Our offensive line takes a lot of pride in their work. Coach Flood does a great job. I thought we were a lot more effective in those situations wore on, later in the year, and it showed. We got a lot more creative." 

Texas was a respectable 4-for-6 in the Sugar Bowl loss to Washington, but the two they missed were the most painful of the entire lot. Trailing 37-28 in the final two minutes, Texas couldn't convert a 3rd-and-4 at the Washington 7 and settled for a 25-yard field goal. After improbably getting the ball back and racing down the field, Texas's earlier failure to find pay dirt meant the Longhorns needed a touchdown upon securing a 1st-and-10 at the Husky 12 with 15 seconds to play. 

Texas got four shots from that point, every one of them unsuccessful. There, failure can be placed at the feet of three different Longhorns who trekked to Dallas on Wednesday. Sarkisian's play calls did not put Washington's defenders into compromise or conflict. Quarterback Quinn Ewers fired incomplete to Adonai Mitchell. And left tackle Kelvin Banks surrendered a pressure on third down that could have ended the game. 

The simplest way for any team to improve in the red zone is just bulldoze the ball across the goal line -- or at least give the appearance it has the ability to do so -- and there Sarkisian credited his continuity up front as a key to improvement. 

"Kelvin's no longer the young freshman, sophomore left tackle," Sarkisian said. "He's going into his third year and he exemplifies everything you want a Longhorn to be." 

To his right, Texas returns left guard Hayden Conner (27 career starts), center Jake Majors (41 starts), right guards DJ Campbell and Cole Hutson (27 combined starts) and right tackle Cameron Williams (a new starter, but a third-year player).

Texas is one of four teams nationally to return both coordinators, its strength coach and its starting quarterback for the past three seasons. Sarkisian said Wednesday his depth at wide receiver is stronger than it's ever been, and the running back room returns CJ Baxter, who started before Jonathan Brooks's emergence, and Jaydon Blue, who shined after Brook's November season-ending injury.

After a 5-7 debut three years ago -- “I’ll tell you this much — 5-7 in Austin, Texas, sucks" -- Texas has come a long way in a short time, a place where they're now weeks away from the SEC commanding genuine respect. One could say they've worked hard to move the entire program down to the red zone.

To get the program where he wants it to be, Sark's most urgent task is to put the football where he wants it to be -- across that thick, white line in front of the end zone. 

https://footballscoop.com/news/steve-sarkisian-texas-red-zone-goal-line-offense-2024-sec

image.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

On 7/17/2024 at 11:07 AM, LTtxfan said:

Josh Pate On The Future Of Steve Sarkisian & Texas (Late Kick Cut)

July 17th

Never forget this is the moron who said aggy would be top 4 after their 2022 class and they lost to App St. He's an aggy mouthpiece and Looch's butt friend. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/4/2024 at 2:19 PM, LTtxfan said:

EMBRACE THE HATE🤘

the number one reason why we will be hated is because we don't give a fuck and will never be an SEC homer program. I actually think CDC will operate as a peer and not try and "tell the SEC how it's gonna be" but I also think he's going to ask for things that no other school would dare challenge Alabama for as the conference center is now a little further west. and if Texas wins it will only get worse.

as for how the hate will play out, you actually don't look to A&M you look to Arkansas. Their schtick is tried and true (and tired) ... if Texas wins, of course they have the most resources (and so they don't win enough), and if Texas loses, you can't find a program that does less with more. There is no compliment, only shit. so fuck 'em. I ain't no SEC means more shit, it can't mean anymore than it already does at Texas. did I say fuck 'em? fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Never forget this is the moron who said aggy would be top 4 after their 2022 class and they lost to App St. He's an aggy mouthpiece and Looch's butt friend. 

so the good things he said about sark are shit? i'm confused.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, troph said:

so the good things he said about sark are shit? i'm confused.

As said elsewhere elsewhen, I like Josh. All but the aggy fellation, but I understand piper payers call the tune, so...

His schtick is corny as can be - I compare him to HeeHaw, which was every bit as country corny, but with damned good musicians (well, and those HeeHawHoneys). He's definitely interesting, right about a lot (other than aggy), and he pretty much eats that crow when he fucks up. 

I like Joel Klatt better, but Pate's not at all bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/17/2024 at 12:47 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Why do people even bring up Sark's time at USC?  He was there for only 18 games while USC was still overcoming NCAA penalties. He wasn't there long enough to even make a judgement on his time there.

• Hook 'Em 2