Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

Been watching the 2017 K-State game on the LHN app. My god those were dark times. Just wanted to voice my appreciation for what Coach Sark has done here. Is he perfect, no. But he has brought us back from shitty football to one of the few true contenders for a title. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Listened to him do Craig Way’s pregame show.  What a cool, personable, friendly, engaging guy.  We are indeed lucky to have him as a leader of the program. He’s done a masterful job at rebuilding the program and doing it the right way.  The team speed and depth are second to none.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EastHorn said:

He also rebuilt himself.  Which is my favorite part.  I wish he would lean into that more because it's cool stuff.  

He leans into it pretty substantially with the team. It’s part of working toward trust and the rest of the culture he wants. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

How many coaches will Sark get fired during his career at Texas?

He already kind of got Jimbo fired.  Probably 2-3 more at aggy

I think he got Sherrone Moore on the hot seat today

Venables definitely at some point

Probably Sam Pittman

Probably Brian Kelly at some point

he didn’t make Ryan Day’s life any easier today.

What others?

Edited by Horn Dogg

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Awesome gameplan by Sark vs michigan.  

Great Top 10 road win... 🤘

Michigan didn't know what to do.  Without the dumb penalties on the first drive, that game would have been out of reach by halftime.

Sark is good story.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This is legitimately the best part about Sark. He's actually inspiring. He was a flawed person who worked to get where he is from the bottom up. I have to think he's probably the most humble coach around given he lost it all before. I love a redemption story, Sark's is great.

I'm not an expert on recovery but I heard (you can check me on this)  that when you are sober you must not lie or do your best to not lie as it can lead to a relapse. Sark appears to be at complete peace with honesty and to me that's probably my favorite characteristic. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I was willing to give Sark a chance just because I hated Tom Herman. Had no strong opinion of him either way prior to the hire, but this dude is looking like he's going to go down as one of the best hires in school history. What a trajectory he has Texas on. That's our coach!

Tom Herman was dog shit and I was glad to be rid of him. When Sark was hired I didn't have much hope and expected more of the same.

But God damn!

This is Texas!!!!

texas-longhorns.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I'm not an expert on recovery but I heard (you can check me on this)  that when you are sober you must not lie or do your best to not lie as it can lead to a relapse. Sark appears to be at complete peace with honesty and to me that's probably my favorite characteristic. 

He should be honest about it, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Everybody stumbles, so long as you pick yourself back up you can gain from it. The worst parts of life can be turned into incredible strengths. There was a business man by the name of Jack Tramiel who started a company called Commodore that became the biggest home computer company around in the 80s. He was a Auschwitz holocaust survivor, and he said that during meetings when vendors or whomever would get tough with him, he'd stand up, roll up his sleeve, show him his serial number tattoo, and tell them nobody could bully him, and it'd shut up the entire room.

Sark's past is a strength. Any parent worth a shit would love to let their kid get an earful from someone who hit rock bottom and built themselves back up. When he talks about pitfalls and things to worry about, he's got the experience to back it all up. I can't imagine how much his team respects him right now.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I was willing to give Sark a chance just because I hated Tom Herman. Had no strong opinion of him either way prior to the hire, but this dude is looking like he's going to go down as one of the best hires in school history. What a trajectory he has Texas on. That's our coach!

All od this. 

Sark obviously used his time with Saban wisely — soaked up everything about building a juggernaut college football program.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I am not sure what the length of Sark’s contract is right now but I am in favor of an extension and pay raise for him and his assistants.

I think he’s at or near the top and has a healthy salary. I could support an assistant bump for sure. The longevity with assistants has been a godsend. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

So much about recovery is just geared to making you a better person that understands their place in the world, among fellow persons and among institutions.

Being honest with others and most particularly oneself is fairly essential to that.  Also, taking responsibility for one's actions while also understanding that for which one is not responsble are also keys.  The self-honesty, and honesty more generally leads to being a real, authentic person that accepts who they are and accepts their own flaws.  It's a progress not perfection thing, so they're not always going to be perfect in that regard, but likely always making progress.  I think a lack of self-honesty and the resulting inauthenticity is Tom Herman's problem.

I think there's a lot of pressure in the "coaching industry" that attracts and manufactures borderline psychotic control freaks.  Certain people are able to toe that line without turning into complete psycho control freaks and bringing down themselves and everything around them, sometimes fully sober, sometimes not.

Through recovery, Sark has the tools and a life plan to avoid that.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2