Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

34 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Someone needs to head to Choice’s house with a Brinks truck, imo. 

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fucking this. I think he’s gone after this year. 

If Choice moves on, I trust Sark and CDC to find a suitable replacement.

54 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I am not sure what the length of Sark’s contract is right now but I am in favor of an extension and pay raise for him and his assistants.

he’ll be getting calls this offseason for sure

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

If he has NFL aspirations, there may not be much that can be done, ultimately [crosses fingers and hopes this is a "lesson" he has learned from Saban]. If he likes the college game, I am cautiously optimistic that he ends up staying quite a while in Austin.

Sark?  He’s here until we ask him to leave

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

If he has NFL aspirations, there may not be much that can be done, ultimately [crosses fingers and hopes this is a "lesson" he has learned from Saban]. If he likes the college game, I am cautiously optimistic that he ends up staying quite a while in Austin.

I don’t think his approach is as suited to the NFL. He may not see it that way. 

It’s hard to imagine he’d get away to another school if Texas wanted to keep him, given that his alma mater isn’t a destination school. Anything is possible, I suppose. 

On 9/8/2024 at 10:51 AM, tx 3 putt said:

he’ll be getting calls this offseason for sure

I propose the following for Sark's new contract:

• A $75M contract buyout guaranteed
  • 25% of his deal, or about $19.25 million, to be due in a lump sum within 60 days of effective termination
  • Another roughly $7 million within 120 days of effective termination. This starts his annual clock through the rest of the deal, which lasts through ’31. There are no offsets in the deal if he takes another job.
  • A national championship trophy with an open date of 20__ __ engraved into it  
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

On an OTF podcast during the offseason, Gerry Hamilton said he thinks Choice would only leave for a HC job. 

I saw this previous offaeason that choice got a minimum pay raise or something. I took that to mean he was going to look around this off season. Would love to lock that up long term. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I saw this previous offaeason that choice got a minimum pay raise or something. I took that to mean he was going to look around this off season. Would love to lock that up long term. 

I don't think that ever happens with position coaches.  Anyone know of a position coach, anywhere, with a long term contract?   Curious if any school does that. 

Choice is a witch.  Love the dude.  With that said, Sark can basically recruit any RB he wants.  The dude churns out 1000 yard rushers like nothing.  Honestly, outside of needing a badass OL coach, I'm not worried about skill players.  Those dudes are coming to play for Sark and play in his schemes, not the position coaches.  Now having elite recruiters there only helps but if Choice leaves, we will bring in the next dude.  Sark is very hands on when it comes to recruiting skill guys and his QBs.

13 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't think that ever happens with position coaches.  Anyone know of a position coach, anywhere, with a long term contract?   Curious if any school does that. 

I don't either to be honest, but it doesn't mean he's not worth it.

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:
  • A national championship trophy with an open date of 20__ __ engraved into it  

My buddy is now claiming that he had a trophy shop make the "fake" plaque at Dirty's and donated it for a laugh. I have no reason to doubt him, other than I really wish I had thought of it first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I know when Mack was coach that none of the assistants, not even the coordinators, had contracts at all.  They were just at-will employees who could be terminated at any time.  I'm sure that's not the case any longer.  I know this for a fact because I once requested a copy of Greg Davis' contract under FOI, and they sent me a redacted copy of his pay stub with the explanation above.

• Haha 1

Steve Sarkisian uses Notre Dame as example of what his Texas team cannot do

JOHN BRICE            2 HOURS AGO

Coaches cannibalize coaches.

They seek edges in preparation and planning in any possible element.

For Texas coach Steve Sarkisian, he pointed to the misfortunes of Marcus Freeman's Notre Dame program Monday when he addressed the Longhorns.

Notre Dame had climbed to No. 5 in both major national polls after it won last week at Texas A&M but crashed back to earth Saturday in a galling, 16-14 home loss to MAC resident Northern Illinois. 

Texas is coming off a statement win in its 30-12 domination of defending College Football Playoff champion Michigan inside the Big House. 

"Twofold, I think one is we try to hold ourselves to our standard," Sarkisian told reporters. "We have a saying around here, 'The standard is the standard.' A jersey, a helmet, a stadium doesn't dictate how we prepare.

"We dictate how we prepare. I think that's the first part."

But ... 

"But the second part is human nature is human nature," said Sarkisian, whose squad climbed to No. 2 this week after the win at Michigan. "So what did I do this morning? I walked them through the Notre Dame scenario of them going into College Station a week ago and winning that game and being anointed a top-five team and going to the College Football Playoff and a week later losing to Northern Illinois. So I showed that clip of the field goal, and I showed that clip of Northern Illinois storming the field this morning as a good reminder.

"We are entitled to nothing. We're capable of anything; we've got a really good team. But we're entitled nothing and we're going to earn everything we get. We're going to have to earn the victory here Saturday night."

The Horns host a UTSA squad coming off a blowout-loss at rival Texas State.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

On an OTF podcast during the offseason, Gerry Hamilton said he thinks Choice would only leave for a HC job. 

This is what I figured, but, just based on head coach roles that position coaches have taken recently, hopefully he's looking more at the Syracuse level roles vs Marshall/Temple (RIP Drayton)/Charlotte level ones 

15 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Steve Sarkisian "We are entitled to nothing. We're capable of anything; we've got a really good team. But we're entitled nothing and we're going to earn everything we get. We're going to have to earn the victory here Saturday night."

blimey-outward.gif

Wasn’t sure where to post this. My take on Sark. 

One of the most satisfying thing to see with Sarks Offense is the ability to get the ball into space and a ton of one on ones to our playmakers.  

Thinking back over the years , even back to GDGD, we have never seen our speed guys in space like we are seeing now that Sark has the team offensive speed like he has now.  All the throws to the backs are majority guys catching the ball in front of them and moving forward.  The screen game is amazing, the reverses , throws to TE, the scheming is outstanding and allows our guys to make plays.  

one thing we have not done all this year , and I can’t say im Disappointed, is the long horizontal throw to a WR standing still.  Seems like a high % throw but it’s almost entirely based on one or 2 WR blocks to be successful.  x housed it a couple years ago but it’s such a low % play.  

Ramonce, DJ Monroe , daje, all had speed but I don’t recall our OC ever maximizing the speed advantage like Sark. 

OU under all those exceptional OC’s ate our lunch with it in Dallas. How many times did their rb catch the ball in the flat and have a one on one.  They killed us on short 3rd down and Distance nice to see this on our side 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Thinking back over the years , even back to GDGD, we have never seen our speed guys in space like we are seeing now that Sark has the team offensive speed like he has now.  All the throws to the backs are majority guys catching the ball in front of them and moving forward.  The screen game is amazing, the reverses , throws to TE, the scheming is outstanding and allows our guys to make plays. 

I think the sheer number of weapons this year helps too. The last two seasons, teams could try to stop Bijan or Worthy and take their chances with the other guys. Now there are 2-5 mismatches on every play and Ewers has reached the level where he will consistently find them.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Sark has built a team where the second string could would be a significant upgrade to most teams first string. Pay the dude everything.

I mean I think he’s making plenty but compared to the Strong and clown Herman years this is pretty epic.  Are there still clown Herman apologists, literally if we kept him one more year the talent would have been so bad. No one wanted to play for him.   Not sure we have seen a more complete roster since early Mack years.   Also f the Mack haters, he did build the best team of all time.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1