Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

3 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Even if we go undefeated, he wins the Heisman, AND wins a NC? I don’t know, I would have to put him above Vince if he achieves all three

Yeah, it would be hard to argue. If he does all that, I would put him #1. And when Arch does the same,that'll  be incredible, especially if be does it in less time. 

I know this has been mentioned previously, but the removal of his commitment to LHN has been a blessing. The additional hours  on Mondays to work on his game plan is showing up on gameday. He seems to have optionality now in what he can execute on offense.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pinch me right now as I couldn't be happier with Sarkisian and his staff. It's a long season and we haven't really faced any adversity yet on the field, but I want to express my appreciation after we've been wandering the college football desert for the last 15 years. 

- I love that our Head Coach is also our OC/playcaller. There is so much turnover with coordinators around college football, and it can really stall a program when you the next guy doesn't work out. Look at OU's situation right now. Look at Kansas and others. We have the most player friendly and NFL ready offense in college football, and since Sark is the architect, the best HS QBs and offensive recruits will always want to play here.

- We are handling the timeline with Arch Manning perfectly. We stress DEVELOPMENT and PATIENCE.  And the public perception is important too. Nationally I think everyone respects how we're handing the QB situation. That rules. Haters wanted this to be a public debacle and controversy. Sorry, fuckos. 

- We have kept most of our staff together. My guess is Flood and Kwiatkowski are not guys looking for a HC job. Flood has been there done that, and it seems like PK is a lifer at DC. Maybe I'm wrong. Nansen looks like an amazing hire so far. We might lose Tashard Choice at some point and that will suck, but what a sweet job opening that Sark could easily fill. 

- Recruiting's been great. We used to lose out on the Ryan Wingos and Colin Simmons and Anthony Hills of the world. We actually develop our players, which is something we struggled with even during the Mack glory days.

Texas football at this moment feels actually good for my health. What a world. 

koolaiddrinker.gif.fc88f94972dc28ab03bb835dd5467985.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pinch me right now as I couldn't be happier with Sarkisian and his staff. It's a long season and we haven't really faced any adversity yet on the field, but I want to express my appreciation after we've been wandering the college football desert for the last 15 years. 

- I love that our Head Coach is also our OC/playcaller. There is so much turnover with coordinators around college football, and it can really stall a program when you the next guy doesn't work out. Look at OU's situation right now. Look at Kansas and others. We have the most player friendly and NFL ready offense in college football, and since Sark is the architect, the best HS QBs and offensive recruits will always want to play here.

- We are handling the timeline with Arch Manning perfectly. We stress DEVELOPMENT and PATIENCE.  And the public perception is important too. Nationally I think everyone respects how we're handing the QB situation. That rules. Haters wanted this to be a public debacle and controversy. Sorry, fuckos. 

- We have kept most of our staff together. My guess is Flood and Kwiatkowski are not guys looking for a HC job. Flood has been there done that, and it seems like PK is a lifer at DC. Maybe I'm wrong. Nansen looks like an amazing hire so far. We might lose Tashard Choice at some point and that will suck, but what a sweet job opening that Sark could easily fill. 

- Recruiting's been great. We used to lose out on the Ryan Wingos and Colin Simmons and Anthony Hills of the world. We actually develop our players, which is something we struggled with even during the Mack glory days.

Texas football at this moment feels actually good for my health. What a world. 

Robin Williams Thats The Good Stuff GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This part made me LOL. For the first 2 or 3 years this board hated that sark was the OC. He couldn’t handle doing both jobs, he was in over his head, sarklostagain needed to focus on being HC. I’m not saying you were one of those assholes but there were a lot of those assholes on here. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Re: VY being the greatest ever

the thing about that is the circumstance which he delivered. It's not something that's really fair to other QBs, because they don't get to pick their challenger, but VY had an all-time great foe to conquer, which is exactly why his heroics are so memorable. It's not just that VY was amazing at what he did, he did it against the "greatest of all time" USC. Arch and Quinn don't have a foe like that to vanquish, because USC's reputation wasn't built in a single year. It was a multi-year dynasty that was looking like the best ever. The closest you could get would be Quinn beating Saban in Tuscaloosa, but that wasn't for all the marbles. Georgia today doesn't have the mystique that 2005 USC had. There's simply no all-time villains for our current QBs to slay. Even if quinn or arch winds up winning the title and heisman, it still can't compare to what VY did because it felt like VY single-handedly dismantled a dynasty. USC has never been the same since that night.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Yessir. He was an alien. He could do things we haven't seen. I believe that every DC planned for him, and they were just helpless. 

The best thing is that everybody in the fucking country knew what was coming on that 4th and 5 play in the Rose Bowl. Fucking everybody. And nobody could stop it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

the thing about that is the circumstance which he delivered. It's not something that's really fair to other QBs, because they don't get to pick their challenger, but VY had an all-time great foe to conquer, which is exactly why his heroics are so memorable. It's not just that VY was amazing at what he did, he did it against the "greatest of all time" USC. Arch and Quinn don't have a foe like that to vanquish, because USC's reputation wasn't built in a single year. It was a multi-year dynasty that was looking like the best ever. The closest you could get would be Quinn beating Saban in Tuscaloosa, but that wasn't for all the marbles. Georgia today doesn't have the mystique that 2005 USC had. There's simply no all-time villains for our current QBs to slay. Even if quinn or arch winds up winning the title and heisman, it still can't compare to what VY did because it felt like VY single-handedly dismantled a dynasty. USC has never been the same since that night.

He did it against one of the GOATS and 2 Heisman winners. Just unbelievable. I don't think I've ever gone into such a huge game and never worried. He was a freak. 

9 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

thank fucking god for that booster

Imagine heading into the SEC with Sonny Dykes. 

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

The best thing is that everybody in the fucking country knew what was coming on that 4th and 5 play in the Rose Bowl. Fucking everybody. And nobody could stop it.

It didn't matter what play was called. If it wasn't there, VY was going to run it in. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Nobody that big should run that fast.  He was Forrest Gump in the book version.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Incidentally that intro from Keith Jackson is the best intro to a college football game I've ever heard, it perfectly sets up the situation and how epic it all was. A year-long story line for a single game.

Immediately after the game, on the broadcast, there's actually a follow up to the intro where they play the rest of the song that played in the background during that intro, where they recap how Young beat the shit out of USC. Watching the intro and ending back to back is glorious on the Rose Bowl DVD.

• Hook 'Em 1

CSB VY story:

I went to the Texas michigan rose bowl. Pregamed with some Michigan fans, had a good time.

I can’t remember when it was, maybe the 3rd quarter? But VY spun out of a certain sack and trotted into the end zone.

Michigan fan in front of a bunch of us Texas fans (and say this in your best Michigan accent) says:

“Awww mhaaaaaan, Awwwww mhaaaaan, what do you guyyyyys do, do you put axle grease on him before every ghaaame?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

VY made one of the most stacked teams of all time look like a one man show. That team would have mud holed plenty of others without him. But when it was needed, he had another gear that CFB had never seen before. 

To say he inspired confidence almost understates it. VY was inevitable. We knew it, and others eventually learned in the most satisfying way. 

Just look at this fucking G next to a couple legit hall of famers who were nothing more than poseurs by comparison. 

image.jpeg.0d80fad54b02a3ccb0f97064ffec40e4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

That was one of the greatest games of all time. Would-be Nat'l Title three-peater USC, with two star RBs, was up 38-26 with six min left in the game. Before the final drive, I recall a critical stop had to be made around our 35 yard line. On 4th and two or so instead of giving Reggie Bush, they went with big Lyle (?) White. One of our star safeties, or was it the Cornerback came thru the line and with some help, stopped him within inches of a first down. Also, on that final drive, tight end Thomas (Dave ?) had to drag two tacklers about five yards to get out of bounds and stop the clock. (It might have been a critical first down as well.) We had just enough time left for VY to work his magic. He was phenomenal. Pure storybook.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

VY made one of the most stacked teams of all time look like a one man show. That team would have mud holed plenty of others without him. But when it was needed, he had another gear that CFB had never seen before. 

To say he inspired confidence almost understates it. VY was inevitable. We knew it, and others eventually learned in the most satisfying way. 

Just look at this fucking G next to a couple legit hall of famers who were nothing more than poseurs by comparison. 

Say what you may, but those two guys to VYs left both carried a wallet in college that said Bad Mother Fucker.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

That was one of the greatest games of all time. Would-be Nat'l Title three-peater USC, with two star RBs, was up 38-26 with six min left in the game. Before the final drive, I recall a critical stop had to be made around our 35 yard line. On 4th and two or so instead of giving Reggie Bush, they went with big Lyle (?) White. One of our star safeties, or was it the Cornerback came thru the line and with some help, stopped him within inches of a first down. Also, on that final drive, tight end Thomas (Dave ?) had to drag two tacklers about five yards to get out of bounds and stop the clock. (It might have been a critical first down as well.) We had just enough time left for VY to work his magic. He was phenomenal. Pure storybook.

Lendale White

The call : "He got it!" shortly thereafter clarified that Lendale got the carry but did not get the 1st down

• Hook 'Em 1

This is the pic I remember…Vince being Vince and USC Douchebags (except PC) being too cool for school…..
e86e21639663c1a636e04f3449f715f6.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1