Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

Slow walkers, especially in a work or school setting. Sure if you’re at the beach take it easy, but otherwise get a fucking move on!

And you can tell the people who do it at work so they don’t have to work as much. We had a few of those on the farm growing up. Walked and drove slow everywhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

When someone is crossing the street slowly and realizes you’re in a car waiting on them, and they just glare over their shoulder and continue walking slow like they’re some kind of important badass.

That makes me rage as well. When I am leaving a store and somebody waves me on I always speed up to a trot.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jofus said:

When someone is crossing the street slowly and realizes you’re in a car waiting on them, and they just glare over their shoulder and continue walking slow like they’re some kind of important badass.

Or when you're trying to make a turn at a stop sign and people walk in front of your car. 

The top of my mom’s chimney collapsed this morning while I was picking her up for church.  I was standing on her sidewalk and about half of what collapsed landed 5 feet behind me.  Now I have to climb up on her roof and clean the rest of it off and see if there is any roof damage and then find someone to come out and give me an estimate for rebuilding the chimney.

image.thumb.png.6c2da8891a4ca43f7bc3ebe0aeceb5c1.png

5EE81A8B-F073-446B-BE44-B9DCACB527E9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The top of my mom’s chimney collapsed this morning while I was picking her up for church.  I was standing on her sidewalk and about half of what collapsed landed 5 feet behind me.  Now I have to climb up on her roof and clean the rest of it off and see if there is any roof damage and then find someone to come out and give me an estimate for rebuilding the chimney.

If Houston, PM me

57 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Not trivial. Or cheap. 

On 2/4/2022 at 9:42 AM, Butch Had Not said:

Fuck. Turn the water on in the kitchen sink and the water hits the spoon at the bottom perfectly causing a splash back right into your shirt.

People who don't 1) put their dishes in the dishwasher or 2) wash their dishes right then.

Yeah, the sink ain't a holding area until somebody wants to clean their dishes.  Common misconception...

6 hours ago, slorch said:

People who don't 1) put their dishes in the dishwasher or 2) wash their dishes right then.

Yeah, the sink ain't a holding area until somebody wants to clean their dishes.  Common misconception...

I'm not the woman in the house.  The dishes are there until she can do her god given job.

10 hours ago, slorch said:

Sheeeit. I wish the dishes would end up in the sink. Ours seem to migrate only to the counter right above the dishwasher and right next to the sink 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okie State said:

There were two dogs in Lowes yesterday for seemingly no reason. I don't get it.

Few years ago when my oldest was just old enough to walk around stores outta the stroller...we took her to home depot.  Wife and I multi-tasked, I got some shit on one end of the store, she got the other side with the munchkin.  Some oakley-wearing guy had a doberman in there with him.  Dog was leashed but guy just dropped leash to grab some shit with two hands off the shelf and dog made a beeline for my daughter.  Wife got between dog and daughter and yelled. 

Guy acted like a dick when I made my way over there after recognizing the yell, like we were anti-dog assholes.  And of course he said what every asshole dog-owner has said since the beginning of time, "Oh, he's never bitten anyone."  Yeah, no shit dude.  No dog has bit anyone for at least a part of their life, until they finally bite somebody.  It would be weird if you said, "Oh yeah, look out...he bites people all the time...he's kind of an asshole.  Not even sure why I take him into public."  I haven't bitten anybody in 40 years.  Doesn't mean I won't start tomorrow with your face.  

I'm guessing it was a Service Dog in that it serves to notify the general public that the owner is a fucking small-dicked asshole.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Few years ago when my oldest was just old enough to walk around stores outta the stroller...we took her to home depot.  Wife and I multi-tasked, I got some shit on one end of the store, she got the other side with the munchkin.  Some oakley-wearing guy had a doberman in there with him.  Dog was leashed but guy just dropped leash to grab some shit with two hands off the shelf and dog made a beeline for my daughter.  Wife got between dog and daughter and yelled. 

Guy acted like a dick when I made my way over there after recognizing the yell, like we were anti-dog assholes.  And of course he said what every asshole dog-owner has said since the beginning of time, "Oh, he's never bitten anyone."  Yeah, no shit dude.  No dog has bit anyone for at least a part of their life, until they finally bite somebody.  It would be weird if you said, "Oh yeah, look out...he bites people all the time...he's kind of an asshole.  Not even sure why I take him into public."  I haven't bitten anybody in 40 years.  Doesn't mean I won't start tomorrow with your face.  

I'm guessing it was a Service Dog in that it serves to notify the general public that the owner is a fucking small-dicked asshole.  

a22c643f-4e66-4177-833a-02be2059c446_tex

So there I was, inside the amazing palace of the barbarian king of the jungle as his honored guest. Led to my chambers, outfitted with a huge bed, a fireplace, a large hot bath (we'd been traveling for weeks) and, of course, my very own chambermaid, wearing nothing but a skirt and an ivory necklace. Of course, she's not just there to help wash me, but to service any other needs that might arise. She helps me to undress, begins bathing me, head to foot. And now she's taking off her BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

the goddamn alarm goes off waking me up just as it was getting good

• Haha 1

we had an ancient set of world books that my dad picked up at a thrift store.  in the mid 90s my mom started buying funk and wagnall's volume by volume from randall's.  my dad caught her about halfway thru and told her to stop buying that crap, so when they went expat goodwill ended up with half an encyclopedia

/tldr: and then i found $5

…the fact that in British English, “vomit” is “sick”, which is both a noun and a verb. 

“He was sick all over the car seat, and then his dog licked the sick clean”

It worse for piss…he was pissed so he went outside to piss while it was pissing . The neighbors were pissed and he was all “I’m just having a piss”.

One of these days, Home Depot is gonna get sued & lose a shitload of $$.

The sign on the door *clearly* says "only service dogs permitted", but not only do they not enforce that, there are employees who routinely have dog treats in their aprons & hand them out.

I will admit guilt in bringing OUR Doberman (Major) & later Corgi (Scout) into H.D., however that was as a puppy that would always remain in the basket.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1