Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

On 6/8/2022 at 3:28 PM, elfenix said:

people at the office who don't restock cokes after taking the last one out of the fridge

or at my house.

I'm the only motherfucker who has the keys to the next case of bottled water...

I've posted before about hating t-shirts with the big design on the back, the wrong side. Well, we live in a bizarro world now and there's not much choice if all your shit has holes in it and you gotta wear something in public. So I finally got a few shirts with junk on the back.

Well, this shirt I have on today is driving me nuts. The big goofyass plasticy design is sticking to my back. I have to keep reaching back and pealing my shirt away from the skin on my back for temporary relief. What a bunch of bullshit. It feels like this all fuckin' day long.

operationannihilatehd304.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I've posted before about hating t-shirts with the big design on the back, the wrong side. Well, we live in a bizarro world now and there's not much choice if all your shit has holes in it and you gotta wear something in public. So I finally got a few shirts with junk on the back.

Well, this shirt I have on today is driving me nuts. The big goofyass plasticy design is sticking to my back. I have to keep reaching back and pealing my shirt away from the skin on my back for temporary relief. What a bunch of bullshit. It feels like this all fuckin' day long.

Look into TC Tuggers. So you don't wreck your shirt or hurt your hand.

10 hours ago, DougO said:

On 6/10/2022 at 9:32 AM, Underdog said:

This is a good looking shirt… except for that  shit on the back.  KISS.  

A2F7735D-DE54-4CA6-8B7B-CF3094676C7B.thumb.jpeg.c4e542c9c724e83faca1d1285aed58c2.jpeg

On 6/10/2022 at 10:33 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

For the second night in a row the KHOU weatherman tried to explain our current heat wave using Boyle’s Law.  

That's the Ideal Gas law. PV=nRT. 

If you are going to be a nerd, at least be a correct nerd. Fucking weathermen are like the chiropractors of physics.

Several things on my way from OC to Vegas:

SNA is a small airport with 3 terminals and probably 2 security screening locations. I showed up 50 minutes before my flight, and the line is probably 200+ deep. The TSA line was probably 20 deep*. Apparently they had shut down one of the screening locations, and everyone was going through one location. It look about 30 minutes to get to the front of the line.

* I'm still pissed at the TSA because they've been dragging their feet and not approving my extension. I submitted it electronically on 04/01, but apparently they didn't receive it until 3 weeks afterwards. I guess electrons move really slowly. I've been on 3 trips since 04/01, and have had to stand in line with the unwashed masses.  

So, apparently they want EVERYTHING in a bin, including suitcases and backpacks. I didn't go back to get a bin because the TSA dude had one by his feet. TSA took my backpack, put it in the tray, and I assumed he would put it on the same conveyer as my other stuff.  So I go through the x-ray machine, and saw my suitcase and stuff from my pocket stuff, but no backpack. I looked around to see if they had pulled my bag for addition screening, but nothing. The TSA agent had put it on a different conveyer belt and my backpack was sitting there for a several minutes. Someone could have just walked up and grabbed if off the line.

TLDR: TSA people are morons.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:47 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Credentials in signature blocks are bullshit. The following are acceptable in professional account blocks:

1. Must be directly relevant to your role.  A professor with “PhD”— fine.  PhD if you’re an administrator somewhere— fuck off.

2. Must be recognizable to a layperson. PhD, M.D., etc. 

If you sign personal emails with credentials or titles you’re really just a bit too precious.  

I am not at all in agreement with your stance. 

Dbeasy

W.S. (Woman Slayer)

B.F.D. (Big Fuckin’ Deal)

M.O.F (Master of Farts)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2022 at 7:44 AM, Tom said:

Super trivial but when podcasts decide to do "live in front of a studio audience" episodes.  It could just be coincidence, but it feels like these are happening more and more with the podcasts I listen to now that everything has opened back up.  

The entire chemistry of everyone on a podcast changes when it's live.  They're always playing to the crowd and trying too hard to be cute with the audience.  The audio mix is always off and there's always someone hard to hear over others or the crowd. 

If I read "live from" on a podcast description I'm tempted to just skip that episode for the week.

Caption: “Every podcasting duo”

The-Simpsons-Milhouse-Nelson-3-1.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Woke up freezing this morning.  It turns out my daughter turned the thermostats (both upstairs and downstairs) to 67 when she went to bed.  I now know both units are working great. It should be a fun electric bill this month 

That isn't trivial. That deserves a long talking to about multiple things. 

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Woke up freezing this morning.  It turns out my daughter turned the thermostats (both upstairs and downstairs) to 67 when she went to bed.  I now know both units are working great. It should be a fun electric bill this month 

This is the correct temperature for sleeping. Maybe too warm. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

comb.io - Death has a Shadow

37 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

People (my wife) who set clocks several minutes behind in an attempt to not be late.

Wait...even if doing a self-imposed jedi mindtrick, shouldn't the clock be set ahead?

FWIW, That shit drives me nuts too, including fucksticks at work who say something starts before it actually does.  No bitch tell me when i need to be there, and I will not be late.  Don't waste my time either...

People (my wife) who set clocks several minutes behind in an attempt to not be late.

Wait...even if doing a self-imposed jedi mindtrick, shouldn't the clock be set ahead?
FWIW, That shit drives me nuts too, including fucksticks at work who say something starts before it actually does.  No bitch tell me when i need to be there, and I will not be late.  Don't waste my time either...

Haha. Yes, that is what I meant. I’m not quite awake yet.

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Cracks me up when I see people fire up a MS Teams meeting 5-10 mins early...seems like they need more shit to do instead of showing up 10 mins early to a meeting that no one wants to be in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

the one small scratch on your watch glass. Most people would never notice it, but it drives me fucking insane every time I look to see what time it is. I've got to remember to break out the polywatch tonight

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, JSB said:

the one small scratch on your watch glass. Most people would never notice it, but it drives me fucking insane every time I look to see what time it is. I've got to remember to break out the polywatch tonight

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkBabXaQtIwPEi_zTNDc1

18 hours ago, JSB said:

I had a framed poster hanging on the wall and a little section of the glass broke and slipped underneath the rest of it. Nothing hit it. It just happened on its own. I have no idea what caused it.

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I had a framed poster hanging on the wall and a little section of the glass broke and slipped underneath the rest of it. Nothing hit it. It just happened on its own. I have no idea what caused it.

You have children don’t you?

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Coca Cola's complete ineptness, as it pertains to their inability to keep Topo Chico in stock, anywhere (especially lime and grapefruit, which are like crack for me).  JFC, how can the country's largest beverage maker and distributor be this lame?

A) I’ve never heard of Topo Chico. 
B) There are also distributors and grocers. It’s not necessarily the manufacturer’s fault. 

Motherfucker I can’t get out these two spots. Infuriating

e4c047d150060474f4294e895251a45d.jpg

36 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Took the kids to see the latest Jurassic Park movie.  Start time 1PM.  Movie actually started at 1:43.  43 mins of previews and ads.

i don't bother getting to the theater until 30 minutes after the published time anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A) I’ve never heard of Topo Chico. 
B) There are also distributors and grocers. It’s not necessarily the manufacturer’s fault. 

A) how is that even possible?

B) LOLz. If it is getting made, it is in the market these days…

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I stand corrected.  Whatever their fucking rank, they should be able to avoid oos issues that are becoming chronic with that brand.  I never had trouble getting it before CC bought them.  Shit makes me cranky. 

Can you not just order a bunch online? 

Sparkling water in general is hit or miss depending on the convenient store. So I do get your frustration. 

• Hook 'Em 1