Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Can you not just order a bunch online? 

Sparkling water in general is hit or miss depending on the convenient store. So I do get your frustration. 

posrep

It's something I usually buy when I stop in a convenience store, didn't even think of going online...I guess b/c I'm an old fuck.  

Just went to my Prime account and ordered two cases.  Apparently, Coca Cola knows its way to the Amazon warehouses. 

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2022 at 9:10 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Took the kids to see the latest Jurassic Park movie.  Start time 1PM.  Movie actually started at 1:43.  43 mins of previews and ads.

Not doubting you but that's not normal.  I'd find a better place to start seeing movies.  

I saw a 6:00pm showing last weekend and looked at my phone as I was walking to my car and it was 8:45.  At a run time of 2 hrs 27 min that's 18 minutes of trailers and commercials.  Not too bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Me wearing a team hat and some schlub asking me if I’m a fan of that team.

It's a reasonable question. About 1/3 the time with my friends, someone is wearing a team hat for another team because they lost a bet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not doubting you but that's not normal.  I'd find a better place to start seeing movies.  

I saw a 6:00pm showing last weekend and looked at my phone as I was walking to my car and it was 8:45.  At a run time of 2 hrs 27 min that's 18 minutes of trailers and commercials.  Not too bad.

Not a big deal.  I'm a teacher.  I've got plenty of time to kill at the moment.  I used to enjoy the trailers; however, most of the movies don't appeal to me anymore AND one can see specific trailers at home.

• Hook 'Em 1

When people refer to a derivative measurement as the obvious and immediate effect, rather than the effect itself.

Used to read all forms of "replacing your car's factory wheels with lighter wheels will increase its performance, because it improves the power-to-weight ratio."

No, being lighter in and of itself improves the performance.  I don't need a ratio to show that.

Kinda like saying "if you add more throttle, you will arrive at your destination sooner, because you improve the miles-per-hour".  No, because you go faster, dummy.

you should correct them by getting far into the weeds on wheels. start talking about how saving rotating mass is similar to saving 3x the amount of non-rotating mass but if your lighter wheels are a larger diameter you could actually make it worse because rotational moment of inertia has the radius as a factor

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

I think I need a whole bottle of Valium just to deal with the claustrophobia induced by just looking at these pictures. I would need propofol to actually travel in them. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/06/15/double-decker-airplane-seats-could-make-flying-coach-hell/amp/
double-decker-airplane-seats-comp-2.thumb.jpg.c597b7c9ab21d0bd0778ecdcf1fb3901.jpg

I think you’ve just hit on a great business idea. If there was an onboard CRNA or anesthesiologist to administer propofol inflight, I would pay for that upgrade every time. Also a big win for the flight attendant’s union as they wouldn’t have to serve drinks and get abused by passengers.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Would you like a Fart Smelling or Non Fart Smelling seat?

Aren’t they all fart smelling?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/3381319/flight-attendants-fart-crop-dusting-planes?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/3595151/do-planes-fart-flying/

Edited by nnm
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 9:05 AM, nnm said:

I think I need a whole bottle of Valium just to deal with the claustrophobia induced by just looking at these pictures. I would need propofol to actually travel in them. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/06/15/double-decker-airplane-seats-could-make-flying-coach-hell/amp/
double-decker-airplane-seats-comp-2.thumb.jpg.c597b7c9ab21d0bd0778ecdcf1fb3901.jpg

Detail-slave-ship-British-broadside-manner-children.thumb.jpg.cd39cffd3e616fe923e067373e68dddb.jpg

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Scattershooting while wondering why the fuck Popeye's no longer serves Cajun rice.

Yeah, take the one side you make that differentiates your secondary menu...and offer mac & cheese.

WTF people?

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I get the sentiment, but what are folks supposed to do?

This. I hate it if there's an infant in the cabin with me (and I had one in fucking business class last year who wailed about 7 hours of an 11hr flight - flight crew came and apologized multiple times), but I also understand the political incorrectness of drugging the baby to sleep for the flight, like can be done with carryon animals. I bring earplugs.

2 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

This. I hate it if there's an infant in the cabin with me (and I had one in fucking business class last year who wailed about 7 hours of an 11hr flight - flight crew came and apologized multiple times), but I also understand the political incorrectness of drugging the baby to sleep for the flight, like can be done with carryon animals. I bring earplugs.

Whenever we had a road trip or plane flight when our now-grown kids were young, they had to take their vitamins before departure. Yep, children’s Benadryl. Worked like a charm. 
They’re all fine now, not a druggie among them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Parents who let their kids roam around the airplane without supervision…

Oh wait, that was my kid. On his first trip to Hawaii, he wandered down the aisle a few rows, smiling, waving and saying hi to the ladies. I’m 99% sure he went up to one and stroked her leg.

He’s a good looking kid with dimples, and I’m pretty sure when he’s older, more ladies would let him stroke their legs. 

• Haha 5

Spirit Airlines: "why you wasting all that real estate?"

Screenshot_20220622-003209_Chrome.jpg.59cab3dac185104621ff72d7f72a34eb.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I would honestly be okay with that if it was significantly cheaper, like half price, but it'll be like "wanna save five bucks?"

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, elfenix said:

people who ask you how your weekend was just so that they can talk at you for 10 minutes about all the dumb pointless shit they did over their weekend. 

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5