Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'm gonna have to disagree.  While it sucks, it's a service they provide right? 

I don't know about your Post Office, but ours is appointment only, and by doing so, they should be able to staff accordingly and account for the worker being diverted for half an hour or so.  It sounds like a management issue, not so much a selfish family of 5 screwing up everyone's day.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Common courtesy. McDonald's will serve you if you order 25 hamburgers in the drive through with 25 different iterations. But fuck you if you do it at noon.

Meh.  Getting passport pictures is kind of a big deal right? I get the McDonald's analogy, can be annoying as fuck, but I usually let that shit go.  Been a while since I did mine so I have no idea how long it takes.

Edited by closetohumping

It’s not up to the merchant how quickly you get the money back….
Yes. I assume it's one of the banks. But it's still a trivial annoyance.

Also petty thieves who get caught stealing and then act like assholes. Outside driver got called out for trying to steal dunnage. Then he wants to act funky. Nevermind the fact that he should have brought his own boards with him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

My neighbor keeps his light on the kitchen ALL THE TIME. I'll see it on during the day. When I go to bed at night (sometimes really late), the lights are still on.

It's obviously not my electricity bill, but it grinds my gears that he's using electricity that's generated by natural gas power plants, and that in turn is contributing to global warming.

5 minutes ago, Superhero said:

My neighbor keeps his light on the kitchen ALL THE TIME. I'll see it on during the day. When I go to bed at night (sometimes really late), the lights are still on.

It's obviously not my electricity bill, but it grinds my gears that he's using electricity that's generated by natural gas power plants, and that in turn is contributing to global warming.

Your icon is a perfect descriptor of your feelings on the subject. 

Dude’s light could burn for 1000 years and not budge the global warming needle as much as a single hour of private jets taking off after an F1 weekend! Your outrage is misdirected.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRqrvYMT/
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

On 11/29/2022 at 1:14 PM, Post Oak said:

I swear I'm the only one in my kid's school pick-up and drop-off line that knows what the fuck they're doing.

Everyone else waits till their car comes to a complete stop to have their kids unbuckle or waits for them to buckle up before they move out.  

There are hundreds of people waiting for you. grab em and go dumbass.

It's infuriating.

This is why I drop my daughter off at 6 am.

Are you upset about the abundance of high rise office buildings and office buildings in general who keep their lights on 24/7? How about the same people who tell you to do your part to stop global warming, are the main ones who pollute the earth with their lifestyles. One being the private jets they get around in. Corporations are the ones to blame in how they operate, not people keeping their lights on at home. Corporations always like to deflect blame to the peasants.
  • Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If you have a neurotic, dumbass dog with poor bowel control; you don't need to bring them to HEB during the busiest time of year when the store is packed to the gills.  Leave their ass at home.

*Unless it's a legit service animal of course.

**Dog friendly bar patios are an exception

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

People who bring dogs to the stores are the worst. Very rarely is it a legit service dog for someone in need.

I see ads every day for companies that will give you a letter from a doctor saying your dog/cat/pig, whatever is a service animal so you can take it into any store or restaurant, on a plane, and can have it in any housing situation regardless of their regulations. Just answer like 3 questions online, no training of the animal required. Makes me ragey because it gives a shit name to actual, trained service animals.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

I see ads every day for companies that will give you a letter from a doctor saying your dog/cat/pig, whatever is a service animal so you can take it into any store or restaurant, on a plane, and can have it in any housing situation regardless of their regulations. Just answer like 3 questions online, no training of the animal required. Makes me ragey because it gives a shit name to actual, trained service animals.

My understanding (at least for WA) is that stores can ask what kind of service the animal provides, and act accordingly. "Emotional support" isn't a recognized 'service' (the way that seeing eye dog and such are), and doesn't have to be accommodated in a store/restaurant/massage parlor. "Emotional support" animals are only protected under the Fair Housing Act. 

24 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

My understanding (at least for WA) is that stores can ask what kind of service the animal provides, and act accordingly. "Emotional support" isn't a recognized 'service' (the way that seeing eye dog and such are), and doesn't have to be accommodated in a store/restaurant/massage parlor. "Emotional support" animals are only protected under the Fair Housing Act. 

But it's one of those things where the risk likely isn't worth the reward. Making a wrongful accusation has a high risk of blowing up and going viral, and even if it's a valid challenge, there's still a frightening potential for the business to end up looking like shitheads regardless. 

It's like confronting an apparently able-bodied person using a handicapped parking spot. Sure, you might have caught an asshole in flagrante delicto, but you might also be the asshole for calling bullshit on someone with a legitimate medical need. And either way, unless you're handicapped and need the spot yourself, it's kind none of your business anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 3

It’s been brought up about tree fiddy times, but fuck you if you think you own the road and left lane specifically. If I’m driving and clearly passing the cars on the right of me there’s no need to get so close you can touch my asshole. I 10000% percent agree if you aren’t passing get over. However, use your brain for half a second and give me time to get out of your way at my pace. Not yours.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

We went skiing this past weekend and... first of all, if you're not wearing a helmet on the slopes, you're a fucking idiot.

Second. I took a tumble, slid about 10',  and now have whiplash. My neck has full range of motion, but it's a little tender. It now hurts more than my knees which have been fucked up for over a year now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

We went skiing this past weekend and... first of all, if you're not wearing a helmet on the slopes, you're a fucking idiot.

Second. I took a tumble, slid about 10',  and now have whiplash. My neck has full range of motion, but it's a little tender. It now hurts more than my knees which have been fucked up for over a year now.

Sounds like a fun trip. 

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

Are helmets on the slope really a thing now?  I haven’t been skiing in about 20 years and it sure was t a thing back then.  Last time I went skiing I got blond sided by a kid screaming down the slope on a snowboard.  I spent the rest of the day in the bar drinking coffee with a shot of bourbon.  That finally made my body quit aching.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Superhero said:

I thought Superheroes on got hurt by stuff like kryptonite or something fancy made by a diabolical mad man?

Only morons don’t wear helmets now. You might see 1 out of 100 or 200 not wearing one.

I’m with NMAS. Haven’t been in forever, grew up 4 hours from the Mew Mexico slopes and went many a Friday night after the bar closed with whatever ladies we could pick up. Never saw anyone ski with a helmet that wasn’t on the Olympics.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Only morons don’t wear helmets now. You might see 1 out of 100 or 200 not wearing one.

Actually a higher percentage of people weren't wearing helmets. But this is SoCal where extreme sports probably started.

Helmets weren't really a thing until a few years ago, and I only got mine last year. Thankfully I had it because I hit my head pretty hard and would have ended up in the hospital with a concussion.

I'm preaching it like the gospel. Wear a freaking helmet if you're going on the slopes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Are helmets on the slope really a thing now?  I haven’t been skiing in about 20 years and it sure was t a thing back then.  Last time I went skiing I got blond sided by a kid screaming down the slope on a snowboard.  I spent the rest of the day in the bar drinking coffee with a shot of bourbon.  That finally made my body quit aching.

In the Rockies even just 10 years ago, helmets seemed like a 50% thing, and mostly on snowboarders 

Kinda crazy how fast the trend turned

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yeah, quit skiing/boarding about 20 years ago b/c of my hip.  Up until then, probably went 30xs and never wore or recall even seeing helmets.  Then started seeing friends' posts from resorts and errrbody is looking like an olympic down-hiller. 

On 12/23/2022 at 4:31 PM, BearMace said:

Having to fish a drawstring back through some pants is making me quite surly. 

Do you own a bodkin? The type I'm talking about looks like this and it's what I use on our family's drawstrings. It makes the task a little easier than the way I learned with a safety pin. You clip the two tongs to one end of the string and then slide the loop down to tighten. Using the blunt end at the top, thread through the hole and push through the waistband 'tunnel' while scrunching up the fabric until the other open hole is reached. You can find them in most sewing notions areas at stores or on the web.

5 Pcs Bodkin Elastic Strap Rope Easy to Insert Sewing Accessories Tool ...

On 12/23/2022 at 4:08 PM, Fudbelty said:

It’s been brought up about tree fiddy times, but fuck you if you think you own the road and left lane specifically. If I’m driving and clearly passing the cars on the right of me there’s no need to get so close you can touch my asshole. I 10000% percent agree if you aren’t passing get over. However, use your brain for half a second and give me time to get out of your way at my pace. Not yours.

No kidding. We have been shuttling folks back and forth to to airports this week and while hanging out in the right lane (two lane divided highway) watched someone being subjected to the behavior you described. It was dark and a souped up muscley type car was vibrating it was so impatient to haul on down the road. In a rare case of karma, once the other car was able to move over, the left lane asshole floored it and disappeared...only to reappear a little while later along the side of the road courtesy of a DPS trooper. Bazinga!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1