Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

14 minutes ago, Superhero said:

When the flat sheet rides up while the comforter stays put.

Day 1: fold the flat sheet over the comforter. Fold over is ~12”. 

Day 3: folder over is now about 18”. Hoe does that even happen?

It’s the hoe. 

• Haha 3

Have people forgotten how to ride a fucking elevator…or get on one…properly?   

my God, at least twice/day I have to dodge some Karen trying to jump on the elevator as soon as the doors open when I’m trying to exit.

Or some idiot is on there by themself and hiding around the corner and takes their sweet ass time exiting, and looks at you like an idiot when you look at them and wonder why they wanted to hide on the elevator like a child.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

48 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Have people forgotten how to ride a fucking elevator…or get on one…properly?   

my God, at least twice/day I have to dodge some Karen trying to jump on the elevator as soon as the doors open when I’m trying to exit.

Or some idiot is on there by themself and hiding around the corner and takes their sweet ass time exiting, and looks at you like an idiot when you look at them and wonder why they wanted to hide on the elevator like a child.  

That post sounds like it’s two people complaining about the other’s elevator etiquette from the same encounter. 

• Haha 2

Universal bitch… Please make sure you arrive 15 minutes early for your Dr. appointment. Then we’ll leave you alone in a freezing cold examination room for a full 40 minutes after we take your BP and say the doctor will be right in. I’ve started playing the 5 more minutes game. “ I’m walking out if they don’t show up in 5 more minutes. Now, I’m leaving this MF’r if they aren’t here in 5 minutes!” Repeat.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 5

18 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Miles & miles of this shit on I-35 through Waxahachie at 11am this morning (posted sign: “No Trucks In Left Lane”)

A01C49AD-DE34-4225-A5E9-C523145BF56A.jpeg

Truckers who use the left lane while governed at or below the speed limit have their own chamber in Hell reserved.  Fuck those assholes.

We used to drive I-80 between Des Moines and Iowa City regularly, and that part of Iowa consists of long, gently rolling hills.  Two trucks would be side by side governed at the same rate of speed.  When they crest a hell, the heavier one would creep ahead, but never far enough to pass, and then they'd slow climbing the next long gentle hill.  There had to be times where if you had helicopter footage that there would be no one between the trucks and the next exit, and 10-15 miles of traffic stuck behind them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

Fuck you Microsoft Windows 11 for grouping icons on the task bar. I usually work with 2-3 Chrome windows (not counting the personal one). I used to be able to quickly see  and click which Chrome window to open. Now I have to hover my mouse over the fucking Chrome icon, see which one I want, and then click on that. It's not that I'm trying to save seconds (otherwise I wouldn't be fucking around on Surly), but it's just fucking annoying.

image.png.1d8933ae6b6e4b9b194f448fe44051f1.png

Looking at at Windows forum, people have been bitching about this since 11 was first rolled out, and Microsoft has done shit about it. My company IT won't let me download a 3rd party program to ungroup, so it's dealing with this bullshit until Microsoft gets its head out of its ass. Fuck!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

Fuck you Microsoft Windows 11 for grouping icons on the task bar. I usually work with 2-3 Chrome windows (not counting the personal one). I used to be able to quickly see  and click which Chrome window to open. Now I have to hover my mouse over the fucking Chrome icon, see which one I want, and then click on that. It's not that I'm trying to save seconds (otherwise I wouldn't be fucking around on Surly), but it's just fucking annoying.

image.png.1d8933ae6b6e4b9b194f448fe44051f1.png

Looking at at Windows forum, people have been bitching about this since 11 was first rolled out, and Microsoft has done shit about it. My company IT won't let me download a 3rd party program to ungroup, so it's dealing with this bullshit until Microsoft gets its head out of its ass. Fuck!

autogrouping is horrible.  does anyone actually like having it grouped?  never combine, two rows high, and show me all the icons in the system tray.  i promise you i have enough pixels to handle it, microsoft.

why is so much in windows 11 fucking unfinished?  they've been trying to remake control panel into settings since windows 8 and they're still not done (though the settings panel fucking blows, why can i only open one of them?)  multiple desktops kinda works well until outlook can't remember which desktops it was open on, something chrome manages to do just fine.  which is microsoft's cash cow and which is from a competing company? 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

autogrouping is horrible.  does anyone actually like having it grouped?  never combine, two rows high, and show me all the icons in the system tray.  i promise you i have enough pixels to handle it, microsoft.

Fucking this! Screens are more than 1024x768 now!

• Rage+1 1

On 4/21/2023 at 10:16 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Truckers who use the left lane while governed at or below the speed limit have their own chamber in Hell reserved.  Fuck those assholes.

We used to drive I-80 between Des Moines and Iowa City regularly, and that part of Iowa consists of long, gently rolling hills.  Two trucks would be side by side governed at the same rate of speed.  When they crest a hell, the heavier one would creep ahead, but never far enough to pass, and then they'd slow climbing the next long gentle hill.  There had to be times where if you had helicopter footage that there would be no one between the trucks and the next exit, and 10-15 miles of traffic stuck behind them.

And I always have a sneaking suspicion they're inside their cabs chuckling to themselves.

Edited by gofuckyourself
Fat fingers. Old eyes.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 9:26 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

When two of the six preset radio stations in my car are both playing Hotel California. 

the-big-lebowski-hate-the-fucking-eagles

On 4/22/2023 at 10:28 AM, mininghorn88 said:

Reminds me of the ‘70s and early ‘80s trucker movies where the truckers block the police from catching the “Bandit”.

3c1a11ee-8afc-4d62-bb51-e0ffa2575b52_tex

On 4/24/2023 at 6:17 AM, slorch said:

When all 6 local presets are talking about greasy stools or 96* month car notes.

*only slightly exaggerating 

Read “presets” as priests, only realized my mistake when the car notes didn’t make sense. Think I need a third cup of coffee.

Freaking American Airlines. We’re in San Diego for a wedding.  We were booked on a 7:15 am flight this morning back to DFW. At the reception last night we got the notification the flight had been canceled. Not delayed, outright cancelled. 

The wait time to talk to an agent was 2.5-3.5 hours.  And I have platinum status. What a joke. They force you to DIY, on the app or website.

I’m severely claustrophobic, so have to have an aisle seat. When rebooking, it won’t let you check the seat situation before booking the new flight. Of course the flight I choose has nothing but center seats. I had to go through 4 different re-bookings until I found one with an aisle seat. Instead of getting in at noon today we get in at 6:30. 

My claustrophobia also makes me very surly. I hate it. It’s getting worse as I get older too, like my dad.  Can’t sit in a center or a window seat on an airplane. Can’t sit in the back seat of any car. Couldn’t go into the tunnels when we went to Israel last year. 

Edited by nnm

36 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

85fbefea3a9744f1fe93f71af899b28e.jpg

Fuck this worthless invention. Whoever invented these should be in jail. They peel effectively maybe 1% of the time before i end up using my thumb.

That’s what a pocketknife is for. 

• Like 2

Wasp and Hornet spray is not as effective as it once was.

I remember spraying wasps and they would die instantly. Now I spray them and they wiggle around until they die.

Either the spray has changed or there is a new killer wasp invading my house.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nnm said:

Freaking American Airlines. We’re in San Diego for a wedding.  We were booked on a 7:15 am flight this morning back to DFW. At the reception last night we got the notification the flight had been canceled. Not delayed, outright cancelled. 

The wait time to talk to an agent was 2.5-3.5 hours.  And I have platinum status. What a joke. They force you to DIY, on the app or website.

I’m severely claustrophobic, so have to have an aisle seat. When rebooking, it won’t let you check the seat situation before booking the new flight. Of course the flight I choose has nothing but center seats. I had to go through 4 different re-bookings until I found one with an aisle seat. Instead of getting in at noon today we get in at 6:30. 

My claustrophobia also makes me very surly. I hate it. It’s getting worse as I get older too, like my dad.  Can’t sit in a center or a window seat on an airplane. Can’t sit in the back seat of any car. Couldn’t go into the tunnels when we went to Israel last year. 

I've never done this myself, but it's not uncommon for FFers to arrange alternate flights themselves (ie outside of the ticketing carriers default options), and then getting it reimbursed later.  In case of irrops, it's within the bounds of carriers to go outside the partner network, so it wouldnt be a "tough" fight to get the money back.

Get yourself to where you need to be first, and let them sort it out later. 

• Like 1