Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

In a similar vein, people that leave 1+ car lengths in front of them at lights. I used to work out of a house on Bull Creek and 45th and would watch this happen all day. Sometimes 2-3 car lengths, which would ultimately fuck over at least 5 cars from getting through the light. I’m not asking people to be right up on the bumper of the car in front of them, but you don’t need a 15 foot gap. 

People who do this in the drive thru lane should be hung. 

~~~~~

When I'm at a stoplight that includes occupied left turn lanes on both sides, I'm continually amazed by how many people first in line and heading straight begin inching forward when they see the light turn yellow for the cross street traffic. 

How do you not understand that you're still going to have to wait for the people turning left before it turns green to go straight? 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

So, I follow the "Houston Heights Foodies" group on FB that's actually quite useful for news about restaurant openings and reviews of new places. However, there are lots of simpletons on there that ask extremely broad, dumb questions.

"Looking for a good place to eat inside the Beltway that serves alcohol" Oh, that narrows it down!

Or the morons in the comments that didn't read the original post. 

Somebody will be like "Tried (restaurant) on (street) in (neighborhood). Really loved the fajitas and the margaritas were strong but tasty!"

In the comments: "Looks good, what restaurant and where is it located?"

On 5/2/2023 at 6:06 AM, GoPokes83 said:

I’m a Pepsi guy. For some reason Buc-ees has stopped carrying all Pepsi products. It’s the only decent c-store in this town.

Probably because the Coke products sell more.  I'd rather go in a store and box of tampons for the wife than go buy a pepsi.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Haha 1

Heading into work, there's a light that is roughly a 5 minute cycle.  Coming up to the left turn lane, there's maybe 10 cars in front of me.  9 of them follow each other pretty tightly to get through the light, and I'm stuck behind the dolt that leaves a 10 car gap between her and the car in front of her.  She's three car lengths from the light, and it turns yellow.  She stops at a solid yellow and makes me and three behind me miss the light.  5 minutes of precious twitter / surly time I missed due to her most likely texting and driving.

Edited by PvilleStang
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I'm stuck behind the dolt that leaves a 10 car gap between her and the car in front of her.

I've seen a bunch of people doing that lately. Asking around I get "if you are too close tot he car in front of you and you get rear ended, you'll get hurt worse".

Ok. Probably true, but 3 car lengths? Are you planning on getting hit from behind by a train?

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know who needs to hear this, but whoever is in charge of sizing mens polo's etc.

WTF are you doing?

As a pretty standard sized male human, I fully expect to be relegated to the kids section soon.  Got a polo from work, it fits great.  It's a fucking M.  I haven't worn a Medium anything since middle school.

Found a Large Adidas golf polo at Marshalls, it might as well have been a 3X.

C'mon man.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I don't know who needs to hear this, but whoever is in charge of sizing mens polo's etc.
WTF are you doing?
As a pretty standard sized male human, I fully expect to be relegated to the kids section soon.  Got a polo from work, it fits great.  It's a fucking M.  I haven't worn a Medium anything since middle school.
Found a Large Adidas golf polo at Marshalls, it might as well have been a 3X.

C'mon man.

Sizing in footwear and clothes in general. Why isn't there any consistency from brand to brand? There is brands of shoes that run smaller or bigger than others.
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

WTF are you doing?

Not only that, but brands fucking with their established sizing and fits! Ralph Lauren managed to push me away by adjusting, adding, and removing random fit options every few years to the point where I now don't know wtf size actually fits me, and gave up on trying. Custom Fit, Custom Slim Fit, Slim Fit, Regular Fit, but a Regular M is not the same size as a Regular M from 5 years ago is not the same as a Regular M from 10 years ago. I can somewhat forgive lack of standardization across different brands, but within a brand???

WTF are you doing?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Not only that, but brands fucking with their established sizing and fits! Ralph Lauren managed to push me away by adjusting, adding, and removing random fit options every few years to the point where I now don't know wtf size actually fits me, and gave up on trying. Custom Fit, Custom Slim Fit, Slim Fit, Regular Fit, but a Regular M is not the same size as a Regular M from 5 years ago is not the same as a Regular M from 10 years ago. I can somewhat forgive lack of standardization across different brands, but within a brand???

WTF are you doing?

Modern Fit, Athletic Fit, Tailored Fit, New York Fit…

• Rage+1 1

Where's fat ass fit?  Beer drinkers' fit?  Extra-ball-room fit?  

But honestly, Polo t-shirts seem to get smaller vertically as of late.  I'm not a big and tall guy, but when I wear a polo, I'd expect to raise my arms and my belt or belly button not make an appearance.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Where's fat ass fit?  Beer drinkers' fit?  Extra-ball-room fit?  

But honestly, Polo t-shirts seem to get smaller vertically as of late.  I'm not a big and tall guy, but when I wear a polo, I'd expect to raise my arms and my belt or belly button not make an appearance.

Dad bod fit?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I get this call at work almost every day:

"I have questions about the paperwork you sent me"

Ok, what's the ID number on the paper?

"Uhh, hang on. I'm driving and it's hard to read this, ha ha".  Or  "I don't have the forms in front of me, I'm currently driving"

Who the fuck decides they have important questions about shit and then immediately jumps into their car and drives around?????

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Sandman said:

I get this call at work almost every day:

"I have questions about the paperwork you sent me"

Ok, what's the ID number on the paper?

"Uhh, hang on. I'm driving and it's hard to read this, ha ha".  Or  "I don't have the forms in front of me, I'm currently driving"

Who the fuck decides they have important questions about shit and then immediately jumps into their car and drives around?????

Related- dumb motherfuckers cannot navigate our reporting systems and data( see also: set bookmarks/ favorites,) but this behavior is compounded by the utter lack of respect they have by calling me while in the market as if I should walk them through it over the phone( blind.).  Just fuck you, you lazy, inconsiderate motherfuckers.  The old guy(me) shouldn’t be the tech guru.  Put in your own work, assholes. I’m not a fucking helpdesk. 

Edited by slorch

I ordered some pants from a store online and it was the wrong size so I went to the store to swap it. 

Wasnt sure if the other sizes would fit, so I decided to do a return first, instead of an exchange, and try on the other sizes later while perusing the store.

When I got home I realized the online order was bought during sale at half off, and the replacement I bought back was for full price. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I ordered some pants from a store online and it was the wrong size so I went to the store to swap it. 

Wasnt sure if the other sizes would fit, so I decided to do a return first, instead of an exchange, and try on the other sizes later while perusing the store.

When I got home I realized the online order was bought during sale at half off, and the replacement I bought back was for full price. 

You learned that shit from my wife didn't ya?

People who text work related shit like an infantile idiot who thinks I share their brain.

"John Smith is coming!"

Ok, is he bringing x, y or z? Is Jane Smith coming who provides similar services and was there the previous week?

I text back.

No answer.

Motherfucker you had your fucking phone in your hand 3 seconds ago, unless you scheduled that text like a fucking lunatic. So answer and give the required details.

People who text work related shit like an infantile idiot who thinks I share their brain.
"John Smith is coming!"
Ok, is he bringing x, y or z? Is Jane Smith coming who provides similar services and was there the previous week?
I text back.
No answer.
Motherfucker you had your fucking phone in your hand 3 seconds ago, unless you scheduled that text like a fucking lunatic. So answer and give the required details.

You work with my wife? So to speak.

4 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

My wife does this and it drives me nuts.

"I'm going to run to grab dinner, you want something"?

Me: "Where are you going?"

Silence...

They don't care what you have to say. They just HAVE to get their words out to someone. The text is just a way for her thoughts to reach the universe. 

6 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

My wife does this and it drives me nuts.

"I'm going to run to grab dinner, you want something"?

Me: "Where are you going?"

Silence...

She’s going to drive your nuts. Not sure what you’re complaining about. 

• Haha 1

Not so trivial.
Left the place I was staying in Dakar, Senegal at 11:30 am Texas time Thursday. After a long layover in Brussels and a short one in Newark, I just enjoyed a 5 hour delay because of weather at DFW, during which we got diverted to Houston. I finally arrived at DFW at 10:00 pm Friday.

After getting my truck and driving home to ETX, I should be home around midnight. 36+ hour trip. 
Oh, and as mentioned in the shart thread, the squirts on the planes and in the airports were fun too. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 3