Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

If you are scheduling a meeting with someone at a specific time, you should know what time zone that person is in and schedule based on that time zone, not yours.

If you ask if we can meet at 2:00pm, don't send me an invite based on Fuckwad Standard Time which makes the meeting at midnight my time.

• Rage+1 2

If you are scheduling a meeting with someone at a specific time, you should know what time zone that person is in and schedule based on that time zone, not yours.
If you ask if we can meet at 2:00pm, don't send me an invite based on Fuckwad Standard Time which makes the meeting at midnight my time.

Living in the west and working for an east coast company is great
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Classic Rock said:

The business of yelling "Lets Go!!" 40 friggin times when a good play is made has gotten out of hand and we will be lucky to live through it.

In Formula 1, the trademark cheer for Lewis Hamilton is "GET IN THERE, LEWIS"... and it sounds so awkward

1 hour ago, Classic Rock said:

The business of yelling "Lets Go!!" 40 friggin times when a good play is made has gotten out of hand and we will be lucky to live through it.

I occasionally try to remember what sports were like before "let's go" became so omnipresent, and have had a surprising degree of difficulty remembering what the default celebratory/self-hyping/time-killing refrain used to be. 

50 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Dazzle Camo: hipbreaking edition 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

In Formula 1, the trademark cheer for Lewis Hamilton is "GET IN THERE, LEWIS"... and it sounds so awkward

Strange, last race I went to the cheer seemed to be "fuck you Lewis!" every time he came around. From a group of very drunk Aussies seated a few rows down.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Strange, last race I went to the cheer seemed to be "fuck you Lewis!" every time he came around. From a group of very drunk Aussies seated a few rows down.

Which is extra funny because he robotically compliments “wow this is the greatest crowd ive ever seen” everywhere he races

• Rage+1 1

Got dang rabbit hole says the term “Let’s Go” stems from a 1962 surf music hit by a group called The Routers,(#19 on the charts). The clap and let’s go was picked up by cheerleaders of the time and has been a staple ever since.

Purely trivial but douchebag walking through otherwise quiet hotel lobby/ atrium area talking loud AF on their phone call on earbuds/ whatever.

Dude, you aint that fucking important- and if you were, you would be professional enough to find a private space.

Fuck you, public phonecall dude. 

Purely trivial but douchebag walking through otherwise quiet hotel lobby/ atrium area talking loud AF on their phone call on earbuds/ whatever.
Dude, you aint that fucking important- and if you were, you would be professional enough to find a private space.

This goes for anywhere in public. Not just quiet areas. Fuck those people.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

May I introduce you to that guy, but in a public bathroom stall on speaker phone...    

If I'm at the wall urinal, and I am because who shits in a public restroom if they can help it, I wait till this guy is saying something then flush so the other party knows without a doubt what's happening. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

When people are on phones talking loud in public I always think how unimportant they and their call must be.

I'm not important, but in my job I do talk internally and with customers about deals, sometimes larger multi-million dollar deals.  From both a professionalism and negotiation/competition standpoint I don't want anyone hearing what I say except the people I am talking with.

If you and or the topic are really important, you should not be sharing it with the world.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

I'm particularly irked by those who hold the phone like it's some sort of lip plate or something... I understand the purpose, but when they don't have earbuds or anything, it means they are both shouting into it and cranking the volume so they can hear what's being said.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

And fuck these people who stand in the middle of aisles while they chat. Get the fuck out the way. a1933e84fc001419779bde1f8cfd909f.jpg

In the store yesterday, and ran into a woman with her kid in one of those huge racecar carts. She blocks half the aisle with that monstrosity and then stands next to it hunting for god knows what blocking the entire aisle. 

Fucking people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 hours ago, slorch said:

This goes for anywhere in public. Not just quiet areas. Fuck those people.

Sometimes it’s entertaining.  The self checkout at the grocery store was a little backed up the other day.  Guy in front of me was on the phone.  Big guy with a really deep voice.  Anyone within 30 feet of him could hear every word he said.  I only heard one side of the conversation he was having, but I’m pretty sure he was getting laid when he got home.

21 hours ago, ABSR said:

When people are on phones talking loud in public I always think how unimportant they and their call must be.

I'm not important, but in my job I do talk internally and with customers about deals, sometimes larger multi-million dollar deals.  From both a professionalism and negotiation/competition standpoint I don't want anyone hearing what I say except the people I am talking with.

If you and or the topic are really important, you should not be sharing it with the world.

I was in the Delta Lounge last week in the ATL airport.  There was a guy that was occupying one of the three-sided cubicles that you sit at facing inward.  He is on a call with a headset on.  Instead of sitting at the cubicle and talking into the space he is standing up with his back to the cubicle talking for all to hear in the lounge.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Saw one for May last week.  

I’m grateful for those people.  Passed one a few months ago, probably doing 50 in a 40.  Cop was hiding in an alley, hits the lights, and pulls out in pursuit.  I was like, fuck me, now I get to contribute $250 toward the police department’s latest purchase of tactical gear.  Instead, he pulled over the person I just passed with the raggedly looking paper plates.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I attended UT from 93-98.  Was friends with a very attractive young lady whose car hadn’t been inspected since 86. 

That's pretty good.  I'm sitting on 07/20 right now.  Can't pass inspection and going to buy a new car in the next year probably, so seeing if I can ride it out a bit longer.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's pretty good.  I'm sitting on 07/20 right now.  Can't pass inspection and going to buy a new car in the next year probably, so seeing if I can ride it out a bit longer.

She sweet talked her way out of the ticket every time.  How do you get away with that with the license plate scanners the cops have now?  I went a year and a half when I had a car that couldn’t pass and the repairs were more than the car was worth.

Why can I not have my AM and FM presets together at this point in time. I listen to basically 4 stations - the three "sports" FM ones (96.7, 105.3, 97.1) and the AM news traffic station (1080). I have the hands free on the steering wheel that I can use, but have to manually change it to the AM.

Seems like you should just be able to have 6 preset stations and it can figure when to switch to XM, sirius, AM all by it's self.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

She sweet talked her way out of the ticket every time.  How do you get away with that with the license plate scanners the cops have now?  I went a year and a half when I had a car that couldn’t pass and the repairs were more than the car was worth.

Guess I don’t look suspicious enough to scan?  I don’t really drive it that much either. 

I dropped 3 grand last year to “fix” the catalytic converter, since that was throwing the check engine light. That didn’t fix it, so I’m just throwing caution to the wind now.  220k miles. 2004 4Runner.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Guess I don’t look suspicious enough to scan?  I don’t really drive it that much either. 

I dropped 3 grand last year to “fix” the catalytic converter, since that was throwing the check engine light. That didn’t fix it, so I’m just throwing caution to the wind now.  220k miles. 2004 4Runner.  

What would it cost to disable the light?
  • Like 1

People in row 29 of a 32-row 737, who spring out of their seats like it's a starter gun when the unfasten seatbelt ding is heard getting into the gate. If you don't have a connection to meet, which most don't, just sit your ass down and wait like everyone else. It's not going to make that much of a difference.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1