Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

Recently purchased two pairs of Vans sneakers at a shoe store.  Both the same size.  Decided to buy a third pair online in a color that I wanted of the same size. The third pair ordered online, of the same size, were too small.  Did not fit at all like the other two pair.

Another reason why I rarely buy shoes or clothing online.

Ugh.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Okie State said:
37 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:
Nothing makes me more surly than people talking on here and in real life about their fantasy football teams. 

Let them have it. Their life is already sad if they're into that bullshit.

Eh, I have zero issue with other people being into fantasy sports, it is no less lame than other hobbies. But people who talk to others about their fantasy teams, poker hands, or sports bets need a kick in the ass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

I have seen exactly 0.0000 seconds of Yellowstone itself. However, I watched 1883 and actually enjoyed it.

Interesting. I thought 1883 was ridiculous on so many levels. One of the first was when this teenage farm girl from Tennessee who probably grew up riding plow horses or oxen goes out and rounds up wild Texas Longhorns in the brush. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Can’t spell.
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Interesting. I thought 1883 was ridiculous on so many levels. One of the first was when this teenage farm girl from Tennessee who probably grew up riding plow horses or oxen goes out and rounds up wild Texas Longhorns in the brush. 

And then she slept her way across the west. Humping the dude in a buffalo wallow while the twister passed directly over them was the high point of idiocy. I’ve never rooted as hard for a character to die. And the slow, painful death she got was what that character deserved. 
I don’t care if I spoiled it for you. 1883 is dumb. 
1923, on the other hand, was good. The British chicky is annoying and Harrison Ford can’t act his way out of a paper bag, but it’s a good show. Harrison Ford is Harrison Ford in every movie and show he’s in. This is a good casting of him. And Helen Mirren is outstanding. 

Edited by nnm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

And then she slept her way across the west. Humping the dude while the twister passed directly over them was the high point of idiocy. I’ve never rooted as hard for a character to die. And the slow, painful death she got was what that character deserved. 
I don’t care if I spoiled it for you. 1883 is dumb. 
1923, on the other hand, was good. The British chicky is annoying and Harrison Ford can’t act his way out of a paper bag, but it’s a good show. Harrison Ford is Harrison Ford in every movie and show he’s in. This is a good casting of him. And Helen Mirren is outstanding. 

The main issue I have with 1923 is that the stupid girl from 1883 is the narrator. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The last few times I've had to buy coffee at chains or gas stations they've been hot as the surface of the sun. Like had to have been boiling moments earlier. Did the McDonalds case in the 90's mean nothing?

p.s. I'm a coffee house guy, I'm talking about airports, small towns, etc., when there's nothing local.

Edited by 'stache

On 10/23/2023 at 8:30 AM, PvilleStang said:

Websites that block copy / pasting passwords into a new account form.  I want to generate a ridiculously hard password that I store.  But alas, I have to type it, so it's just discouraging password complexity.

Brave browser has a Force Paste option in the right-click menu if you're willing to switch browsers.

force-paste.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:32 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

People who complain when McDonald's serves their coffee at dangerously hot temperatures (despite repeated warnings on the issue) and who nevertheless spill their coffee and burn their genitals off and who only wanted McDonald's to cover their medical expenses and yet McDonald's told them to get fucked and so they had to file a lawsuit and are now the butt of jokes and social criticism from people who form strong opinions about what kind of a fucking moron doesn't know that coffee is hot without knowing all the shitty details of the case. 

That, and meandering run-on sentences. 

How much money did they win?

asking for my genitals

On 10/24/2023 at 9:42 AM, nnm said:

I had never heard or seen that word until your post.  

this

On 10/23/2023 at 6:26 PM, MissingInAction said:

The next person who says, "sportsball" in my presence is getting stabbed.

WTF is the context?

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Usually a hipster twat thinking they're clever/cool by not being interested in the game at the bar. Usually a woman with tats and purple hair. Like a vegan telling everyone they're vegan.

That explains why I’ve never heard of it. I don’t spend much time conversing in bars with hipster women with tats and purple hair. Actually, I’ve never done that. 

Temp is 47 today.  I have on shorts & a tshirt and a quarter zip pullover.  I freaking LOVE this kind of weather.

2 different people have already asked me how I could wear shorts today.  It takes a little self control not to tell them to fuck off.

Why does it matter, if I am decent?

I am at girlfriend’s house tonight helping her hand out Halloween candy over in Shreveport. I am wearing my Horns t-shirt. There are a few Horns that live in her neighborhood. Most people are naturally LSU or LaTech alums.

A group of 8 to 10 year old kids come by to collect their candy. One of them is dressed like a Mutant Ninja Turtle. They get their candy and begin to cross the street. While in the middle of the street the ninja turtle kid turns around and yells “horns down, horns down”, while giving me the upside down Horns sign. WTH?

No one claimed him. Plus there were too many witnesses for me to chunk a bunch of small pumpkins at him.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, slorch said:

Temp is 47 today.  I have on shorts & a tshirt and a quarter zip pullover.  I freaking LOVE this kind of weather.

2 different people have already asked me how I could wear shorts today.  It takes a little self control not to tell them to fuck off.

Why does it matter, if I am decent?

Have you coaxed the 'ol cod sack out to ask them how they feel about it?