Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

11 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I am at girlfriend’s house tonight helping her hand out Halloween candy over in Shreveport. I am wearing my Horns t-shirt. There are a few Horns that live in her neighborhood. Most people are naturally LSU or LaTech alums.

A group of 8 to 10 year old kids come by to collect their candy. One of them is dressed like a Mutant Ninja Turtle. They get their candy and begin to cross the street. While in the middle of the street the ninja turtle kid turns around and yells “horns down, horns down”, while giving me the upside down Horns sign. WTH?

No one claimed him. Plus there were too many witnesses for me to chunk a bunch of small pumpkins at him.

rules.

You gotta admire Chuck Berry looking as cool as he did, and maintaining that beautiful blues groove all throughout.  The consummate showman.  

Because while jamming a tune that would require all of us to have 110% concentration after years of practice...he's running a very complex algorithm.  "How do I, a famous black man, smash this priceless guitar over that Japanese woman's face in the United States without getting into too much trouble?  I mean, I love John over here.  Sure he borrowed a little too liberally from my people's music and got famous doing it---but he's a progressive cat all about equality and love and creating art through music.  And he digs this broad but she's ruining decades of my craftsmanship with each moan and wail.  Plus, I love this guitar but I hate her face.  Neither of them are really American and maybe some Americans wouldn't mind if I smashed her face and then watch my backup band wrestle that hippie John to the ground as he pretends to come to her defense.  I mean we're in a progressive city in Philadelphia, but they also hate black folks here and fucking Roger Ailes of all people made this variety show what it is today.  She makes my fucking teeth itch.  How is John not hearing this shit?  This, this is why he left the Beatles?  I gotta demand payment in cash up front because of how many white producers and promoters have fucked me over the years, only to be outgunned by this cunt?  Wait, bridge is over and John don't know it 'cause he high as fuck.  Let's bring it home baby...........and done!" 

• Rage+1 1

On 10/28/2023 at 11:38 PM, mininghorn88 said:

I am at girlfriend’s house tonight helping her hand out Halloween candy over in Shreveport. I am wearing my Horns t-shirt. There are a few Horns that live in her neighborhood. Most people are naturally LSU or LaTech alums.

A group of 8 to 10 year old kids come by to collect their candy. One of them is dressed like a Mutant Ninja Turtle. They get their candy and begin to cross the street. While in the middle of the street the ninja turtle kid turns around and yells “horns down, horns down”, while giving me the upside down Horns sign. WTH?

No one claimed him. Plus there were too many witnesses for me to chunk a bunch of small pumpkins at him.

I'm more confused as to why kids are coming to the house for candy on October 28th.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm more confused as to why kids are coming to the house for candy on October 28th.  

Because a lot of the neighborhood is a bunch of young parents that cannot keep their kids up past 7:00pm on a school night. And, it is an inconvenience for the school parents to dress themselves up too and drink their white claws on a school night.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

Because a lot of the neighborhood is a bunch of young parents that cannot keep their kids up past 7:00pm on a school night. And, it is an inconvenience for the school parents to dress themselves up too and drink their white claws on a school night.

I for one refuse to drink my kids' white claws, but to each their own.

what's on the inside?  Besides a gaping abyss they can only fill by judging others for actions that have no direct impact on their own lives in order to feel morally superior and usher in an era of unprecedented theocratic oppression the likes of which our country has never seen?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Not sure if trivial, but...

Reading a post in the Football forum, and seeing some idoit use the word YIKES in a non-ironic way. 

This is Surly. We don't say "Yikes". Ever. We say something along the lines of "holy fucking shit", or "fuck me sideways", or "that makes me feel like they should jam a red hot poker up their ass and cut off their dick".

• Haha 1

Not sure if trivial, but...

Reading a post in the Football forum, and seeing some idoit use the word YIKES in a non-ironic way. 
This is Surly. We don't say "Yikes". Ever. We say something along the lines of "holy fucking shit", or "fuck me sideways", or "that makes me feel like they should jam a red hot poker up their ass and cut off their dick".

That might have been me. So why don’t you go fuck your own face dick stain.
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2023 at 8:25 AM, YGIFS said:

You gotta admire Chuck Berry looking as cool as he did, and maintaining that beautiful blues groove all throughout.  The consummate showman.  

Because while jamming a tune that would require all of us to have 110% concentration after years of practice...he's running a very complex algorithm.  "How do I, a famous black man, smash this priceless guitar over that Japanese woman's face in the United States without getting into too much trouble?  I mean, I love John over here.  Sure he borrowed a little too liberally from my people's music and got famous doing it---but he's a progressive cat all about equality and love and creating art through music.  And he digs this broad but she's ruining decades of my craftsmanship with each moan and wail.  Plus, I love this guitar but I hate her face.  Neither of them are really American and maybe some Americans wouldn't mind if I smashed her face and then watch my backup band wrestle that hippie John to the ground as he pretends to come to her defense.  I mean we're in a progressive city in Philadelphia, but they also hate black folks here and fucking Roger Ailes of all people made this variety show what it is today.  She makes my fucking teeth itch.  How is John not hearing this shit?  This, this is why he left the Beatles?  I gotta demand payment in cash up front because of how many white producers and promoters have fucked me over the years, only to be outgunned by this cunt?  Wait, bridge is over and John don't know it 'cause he high as fuck.  Let's bring it home baby...........and done!" 

WITELF?

Freaking Halloween night.  Our street is probably the most popular street to Trick or Treat on, so people drive from outside the neighborhood, park nearby and do their thing.  Well, I'm fine with most of it, but sometime around 7:45 or 8, a freaking party bus drops off 50+ 14-18 year olds at our neighbors' house, and right about 8:15 or so, it's like they waved the green flag, and they all come running out of the culdesac at the end of the road, and going crazy.  (We have 2 kids that are just going to bed at this point, and I'm in the front yard a few beers deep and tending to the fire.)  Luckily no one rang the doorbell thanks to me sitting out front, but they were loud enough to keep the kids up another hour or two. 

Long story short, F the the parents who threw a party for half the dang school on a street full of families with young kids.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

Freaking Halloween night.  Our street is probably the most popular street to Trick or Treat on, so people drive from outside the neighborhood, park nearby and do their thing.  Well, I'm fine with most of it, but sometime around 7:45 or 8, a freaking party bus drops off 50+ 14-18 year olds at our neighbors' house, and right about 8:15 or so, it's like they waved the green flag, and they all come running out of the culdesac at the end of the road, and going crazy.  (We have 2 kids that are just going to bed at this point, and I'm in the front yard a few beers deep and tending to the fire.)  Luckily no one rang the doorbell thanks to me sitting out front, but they were loud enough to keep the kids up another hour or two. 

Long story short, F the the parents who threw a party for half the dang school on a street full of families with young kids.

I bet the clouds in your neighborhood get a really good dressing down from time to time.

Halloween should be a time for youth mischievousness.  /noDetroit

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I don't mind that, but dropping off 50+ kids to fuck around in your neighborhood is not in the same league.  I'm all for the smaller 3-5 person groupings that sneak around and egg / toilet paper people's stuff, but just a mob of loud entitled shitheads is completely different.  Guess TP is still too expensive to be deployed in a proper manner.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I don't mind that, but dropping off 50+ kids to fuck around in your neighborhood is not in the same league.  I'm all for the smaller 3-5 person groupings that sneak around and egg / toilet paper people's stuff, but just a mob of loud entitled shitheads is completely different.  Guess TP is still too expensive to be deployed in a proper manner.

The amount of kids we get in my neighborhood is wildly variable.  Pre-covid we would regularly have 200-350 kids.  The streets were packed with kids running wild and the excitement you would see on their faces was amazing. 

Groups of parents pulling wagons with coolers or the occasional tired worn-out youngsters  

Young moms dressed in their party costume toting a Tervis filled with rocket fuel & bad ideas

Dad's with overly elaborate costumes to supplement their child's

Little little kids on their first halloween with wide eyes and can barely grasp a snack sized Snickers (they don't know what the fuck is going on)

The too old to Trick or Treat teens maybe looking for free candy, but also maybe starting to miss the uncomplicated joy of youth.

All the neighbors still decorate robustly, but this year I got about 15...  that's it.   Both my "kids" are off to college this Halloween, and frankly a bus load of 50+ kids would have been a welcome addition to a slow and kind of sad night.

(got egged one year, but it was just the house and hosed right off.)

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I’m a dog person. Love my dog (and really miss my boxer that died last year). But people who don’t have kids but try to equate having a dog as basically the same thing really annoy the fuck out of me. Not talking about the ones that joke about it and know there is a huge difference, but the ones who have convinced themselves that the responsibilities of owning a dog are the same as raising a child. A lot of broken brains out there.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’m a dog person. Love my dog (and really miss my boxer that died last year). But people who don’t have kids but try to equate having a dog as basically the same thing really annoy the fuck out of me. Not talking about the ones that joke about it and know there is a huge difference, but the ones who have convinced themselves that the responsibilities of owning a dog are the same as raising a child. A lot of broken brains out there.

With this crap on their car, and a 90% chance dressed in some form of athleisurewear.  Probably also lists their profession as "influencer" somewhere.

41C0XCGN74L.jpg.9716ac619a1f220acc9f4888e75166ae.jpg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sandman said:

People that list things for sale and say "This won't last long!!!". If you're selling it and you know it will sell quick, why do you have to tell us? Just post it and let it sell. This goes double for douchebags on facebook and car dealerships. 

It's a sales technique known as scarcity and it works.  

• Like 1