Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

show me the new cars with CD players then...

When my daughter started driving, her car was a 2012 and still had a CD player, so she asked for my CDs and I said go for it. Now she has them all and I have no idea where anything is. I just download everything from the internet and upload it into youtube music (which sucks).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

When my daughter started driving, her car was a 2012 and still had a CD player, so she asked for my CDs and I said go for it. Now she has them all and I have no idea where anything is. I just download everything from the internet and upload it into youtube music (which sucks).

Agree that YouTube music sucks.

Google music was the predecessor and it was great. 

Portable does not mean lower quality any more. Full rez and higher-than-CD rez files are readily available these days from Tidal, Roon, etc. I still have shelves and books of CDs, but I ripped them to lossless FLAC files over the years so my physical CD library is now a novelty decoration; the listening source is digital files and it all fits on a portable player or phone.